Brother and Sister quotes and sayings
Brothers and Sisters
Some people spend their entire childhood fussing and fighting with their siblings and wishing they were an only child. Some spend their childhood in perfectly harmony. Well, not perfect, but harmony none the less. There are also those who have no other little person in their daily life to fuss with or to hang out with. Poor people. What ever your relationship with your brother or sister is in childhood for many it changes when they become adults. For some drastically and others the good relationship deepens to form a solid bond of friendship. Fortunately many wake up as adults and wonder why they fussed and fought so much as a child.
All of the sudden they begin looking at their brother or sister as a real human being. Imagine that. They become someone you can talk to, rely on, and trust. After all, who better to trust that a family member? Who knows you better than someone who grew up in the same house as you? This page was written in honor of brothers and sisters everywhere. Hope you enjoy the quotes.
Brother quotes and sayings
- Sometimes being a brother is better than being a superhero. ~ Marc Brown
- A brother is a friend God gave you; A friend is a brother your heart chose. ~ Proverb
- The younger brother must help pay for the pleasures of the elder. ~ Jane Austin
- A brother is a friend given by nature. ~ Jean Baptiste Legouve
- When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life. ~ Antistheras
- A friend is a brother that once was a bother. ~ Unknown
- I am smiling because you are my brother, I am laughing because there is nothing you can do about it! ~ Unknown
- Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring - quite often the hard way. ~ Pamela Dugdale
- First a brother, then a bother, now a friend. ~ Unknown
- The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother - and they'll settle for a puppy every time. ~ Winston Pendelton
- A brother share childhood memories and grown up dreams. ~ Unknown
- It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on...someone to tell on! ~ Unknown
- The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose. ~ Garrison Keillor
- There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother. ~ Astrid Alauda
- He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal. ~ Gregg Levoy
Sister quotes and sayings
- More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good. ~ Linda Sunshine
- A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~ Marion C. Garretty
- The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. ~ Cali Rae Turner
- In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips. ~ Unknown
- A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~ Isadora James
- Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. ~ Amy Li
- Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn. ~ Charles M. Schulz
- You can kid the world. But not your sister ~ Charlotte Gray
- Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. ~ Unknown
- A sister smiles when one tells one's stories - for she knows where the decoration has been added. ~ Chris Montaigne
- My sister taught me everything I need to know, and she was only in sixth grade. ~ Linda Sunshine
- A sister shares childhood memories and grown up dreams. ~ Unknown
- An older sister is a friend and a defender - a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too. ~ Pam Brown
- Our roots say we're sisters, our hearts say we're friends. ~ Unknown
- I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters and brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. ~ Maya Angelou
- If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~ Linda Sunshine
- To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or confidant, it is to have a soulmate for life. ~ Victoria Secunda
- Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frwons and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling. ~ Pam Brown
- Sibling Rivalry: It's What Kids Do
As the mother of three children, two girls and a boy, I am extremely familiar with
- Sibling Love And Rivalry
Brothers and sisters often share a stormy relationship. If handled carefully, siblings can become the best of friends, sharing a bond with a multitude of benefits. This article looks closley at family life among siblings and offers advice on helping
- Coping with the Grief of Losing a Sibling
I am a 28 year old girl that lost her 29 year old brother very suddenly in a rather freak accident. Through my grieving process, I have discovered that there arent a lot of books written nor are there as...
- Losing a Sibling
First of all, when dealing with grief, there really is no
- Gifts for Sisters- Sisters Quotes
Wondering how sisters quotes can be used as gifts for sisters? Find out how. There are many wonderful gifts that one can give to sisters. Depending on their interests, you can buy her favorite stuff or...
More by this Author
Whether you are the Mother of the bride or the Mother of the groom you have a part to play in all of the wedding preparations. Read on to find some suggestions and tips that will help made that day.
The Maid of Honor is the bride's most important ally. Her duties are many from helping the bride pick out hew wedding gown to giving moral support to the bride. Basically she does everything the bride needs doing. She...
Perseverance is that extra push that keeps you going when you want to throw up you hands and quit. Without that little quality called perseverance you will never meet your goals.