Conflicting Proverbs - Who is right?
They say that wise men always think alike and fools seldom differ. But that really doesn’t sound true always. Wise men don’t think alike but they act according to the situations. And for these wise men, our ancestors have left a number of proverbs through which they provide justice to their actions. Our ancestors have left so many proverbs that many of them are contradictory to one another. It so happens that each wise man quote whichever proverb is suitable for him in the particular situation. Just thought of situations where two people might be contradictory but both seem to be proverbially right. Can you guess who is right???
- Teacher says knowledge is power. Student thinks ignorance is bliss
- A married guy warns his friend look before you leap. The bride’s friend motivates her to strike while the iron is hot.
- The employer addresses his employees that the only thing constant is change. But the employees feel that the more things change the more they stay the same.
- Wife on her birthday expecting a gift feels that the bigger; the better. Husband comes with the small gift stating the best things in life come in small packages.
- Mobile buyers always repent after buying a mobile that all good things come to those who wait. Time and tide waits for none is the statement of buyers who look for sale.
- A coach coaches with the attitude that practice makes a man perfect. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy says the tired kid.
- Grandma asks their grand children to teach computer with the idea that never too old to learn but the grandchild says that one can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
- Lovers feel that absence makes the heart grow fonder but the married couple realizes that out of sight; out of mind.
- A designer always takes the pride as clothes make the man but a writer insists that don’t judge a book by its cover and a goldsmith says that all that glitters is not gold.
- An astrologer predicts what will be will be, a philosopher says life is what you make it.
- Wife feels that two heads are better than one when making a budget for the family. But the husband is quiet confident that if you want something done right, do it yourself.
- An adventurist feels nothing ventured, nothing gained. But a firefighter thinks better safe than sorry.
- An ornithologist says birds of same feather flock together but a scientist says opposites attract.
The contradiction continues…. and true that birds who love proverbs flock together to read the attractions that lie in the meaning of these opposite proverbs.
Do you believe in proverbs?See results without voting
More by this Author
The doors and windows form the essential furnishing articles of the house. They not only become the passage for the air to enter into the house but also as a gateway for energies. The windows at the right direction and...
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on - Robert Frost When life’s learning can be summed up in three words, why not a short-story be summed up in a line or two? Everything in...