50 Congratulation Messages for a New Promotion
Are you looking for messages that you can write on a card to congratulate someone who has just been promoted? Take ideas from the congratulation messages and wishes below.
The post has been divided into messages for different people including husbands, wives, colleagues, bosses, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends and partners.
The congratulatory messages can also be tweeted, posted on Facebook, sent by email or even written in a letter by hand. All of that is explained in the tips that follow.
For Your Husband
1) Your daughters say that you are the coolest dad around. Your friends say you are the best buddy they have ever had. Your colleagues look up to you and respect you. You boss can't do anything without having you around. And I, your wife, love you for the real man inside you – the perfect husband who is caring, loyal, giving, strong, understanding, and sometimes too hot to handle. Congratulations darling.
2) Do you remember how I always told you that your company is going to love having you around? Well, there you go. A promotion that was yours from the very beginning. Congratulations.
3) Passion, commitment, sincerity, conscientiousness, ethics and ambition—you are a heady concoction that no company would want to let go of. Congratulations to the perfect manager and the perfect husband!
4) This is just the start of even more good things that are going to come in your life, my dear. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations for your fantastic promotion.
5) All the sacrifices that we've made in our marriage are starting to pay off. Let's raise a toast to a well-deserved promotion and a new beginning in our lives. I love you.
6) For the past month, I've been waking up with the gut feeling that something wonderful is going to happen to you soon. And here it is! Congratulations for your promotion, darling. You deserve every bit of it.
7) I'm so proud of your achievement that I'm going to scream it out loud to the whole world. You are the husband everyone wants to have, but you're mine. Congratulations, dear.
8) Now that you have been promoted, I look forward to more expensive gifts. That's not too much to ask for is it, Mr. Manager? I love you and I wish that all your dreams come true.
9) It just amazes me how you manage to get something every time you set your eyes on it. This promotion was no different. You're the best.
10) You may have become a high flying executive, but don't forget who is in charge at home. Congratulations!
For Your Wife
1) A beautiful wife, a caring mother and a successful corporate honcho. You are the woman every girl dreams of being, and I am the guy every husband envies. Congratulations on your fabulous promotion.
2) It was about time your company realized that they had a gem of a person working for them. I am not at all surprised that you got a promotion because you deserve it hands down. Congratulations honey, I'm so happy for you.
3) You know what this means, don't you? It is time to pop open the champagne, call some friends over, and have a massive party. Congratulations sweetheart.
4) With this promotion, your fat pay checks are only going to get fatter. I am now looking forward to retiring and become a stay-at-home-dad. I love you.
5) You are a woman with a vision and someone who can get things done from the word go. Congratulations on your promotion honey. Your family is behind you all the way.
6) Just like you're an asset in my life, you seem to have made a permanent place in your company too. Day after day, you make me realize how lucky I am to have a wife like you. Congratulations.
7) I was a hundred percent sure that you'd be the one to get promoted. So I've already planned an awesome party for you. Congratulations, love.
8) It makes me very proud to see that my girl is a super mom, a super wife, a super sister, a super friend and now, officially a super boss! Congrats for the promotion honey.
9) It seems you are quite the taskmaster at work, just the way you are at home. You are a tough nut to crack. Well done and love you tons.
10) Your family wants to interrupt your business trip just for a second and remind you that no matter how high you go on the corporate latter, we still love you for being the loving mommy and darling wife that you are. We hope that this message cheers up your day. Congratulations! From - your adorable children and your hunky husband.
For Your Friend
1) I have asked all my friends to retweet my congratulatory message for you. When you sign in to Twitter tomorrow morning, you will have half the city wishing you good luck for your new role. After all, a buddy like you deserves a viral hit.
2) If there is one amazing thing that has happened this year, it's your promotion. Good job mate. I hope there's many more to come.
3) I thought I was the only one who thought you to be worth more than your previous position. I'm glad your company thinks so too. Congratulations buddy.
4) Mate, the way you are climbing up the corporate ladder, I wouldn't be surprised if you become a CEO very soon. We all are extremely happy for you and I hope that this promotion is only a stepping stone to a successful career. Congratulations.
5) Your promotion is just a confirmation of the fact that you always excelled in what you did, you continue to excel in what you do, and you will always excel in what you do in the future. Congratulations mate.
6) Despite the fact that you were a late bloomer, you're one of those people who ace everything they do. No wonder you're my friend. Haha! Congratulations on a well deserved promotion at work.
7) I am super excited for you and wish you all the very best for your new role at work. Now take a few days off so you can unwind and spend some time with your best bud.
8) You never seemed to have the time to hang out with us. But now we know that all the studying in college has paid off for you. We're happy for your success.
9) A true friend is the one who treats their friends to an awesome party after getting an awesome promotion. You are a true friend, aren't you?
10) As your friend, I have supported you all your life and I've offered you a shoulder to lean on every step of the way. I have lent you money when you needed it and I have also gotten you out of trouble many times. All this means just one thing. You need to give me a massive treat on your promotion. Congratulations. Now where's the party?
For Your Colleague or Boss
1) Your promotion has reaffirmed my belief that office politics, sucking up to the boss, and all the other manipulative ways of getting a raise don't hold up against plain old hard work. Congratulations! You deserve it every bit.
2) I knew you were eyeing this post for a long time and you've worked for it like a dog. So here's raising a toast to a promotion that was always yours. Congratulations.
3) When all the speculation about your promotion was going on, I rooted for you all the way. That's why you won. Congratulations buddy.
4) Your promotion means a grand party. So where are we going for after-office drinks tonight? And before things get messy, I want to soberly wish you congratulations and good luck for your new job profile.
5) There's no one on the office floor who has worked as hard as you have in the last few years. You have been the brains behind many of the recent initiatives and this promotion was always going to land in your lap. Cheers to a terrific employee and the corporate superstar of tomorrow. Congrats buddy.
6) I know you are on your way up the corporate ladder, but don't forget to look after employees like us. Keep dishing out more perks, employee benefits, and lots of other goodies for your old mates.
7) Nice work with the promotion mate. I'm racing up right behind you!
8) Congratulations! Now that you have been promoted from an intern to a full-time role, consider yourself part of the family. Well done.
9) It was only a matter of time until you got promoted into a role that was better suited your talent and skills. All the best.
10) On the day you joined the company, I bet $100 that you wouldn't even last a year. That was the worst investment I ever made. I was wrong and you have outshone every single one of your colleagues. Today I am willing to bet a thousand dollars on you being at the top of the corporate ladder very soon.
For Your Girlfriend, Boyfriend, or Partner
1) Yay, you got promoted! Now you can buy me expensive presents all year round and take me out on fun dates to all the fancy places in town. Can't wait!
2) I'm so happy that you've finally got what you always wanted. Watching you succeed is all I want. xoxo
3) All my nagging and coaxing you to believe in yourself has finally paid off. You are destined to make it big, you just didn't know it. Congratulations to the most deserving person in this world.
4) I think I should quit my job now. You keep bringing in the fat paychecks with all your promotions, and I'll bask in the sun in my hammock. How does that sound? Congratulations.
5) Recognition, fame and accomplishment are the three things that I've always assumed to be synonymous with your character. And this promotion has proved me right. Congratulations.
6) I thought of calling all your friends and organizing a big party for your promotion. But now that you are going to get busy with your new job, I thought that celebrating by spending some alone time with you sounded even better. Can't wait to cuddle and sizzle!
7) Now that you have a fancy job title, I find you hotter and simply irresistible. Congratulations, sexy.
8) This promotion affirms my belief that you are going to have a super successful career. I hope I can do everything it takes to be a supportive partner. Congratulations sweetheart.
9) After you told me you got promoted, I tagged everyone in a Facebook post to let the world know how proud I am to have someone like you.
10) You're one of those few people who have been able to make their dreams come true. This promotion is not just a promotion. It's the mark of what you are still meant to achieve in the future. Muah!
Tips for Writing Congratulations Messages
1) Chose your words well and keep your message more formal if you are congratulating a colleague or a boss.
2) If you are writing a message for a friend or partner, try to think of a habit, skill or anything that is unique to him or her. Incorporate that in your message to give it a personal touch.
3) Use Twitter and Facebook to send messages on social media.
4) While congratulating your loved ones, be sure to inspire them to work harder. Motivate them by telling them how you see them growing and being more successful in the future.
5) A handwritten note is warmer than sending an SMS or an email. If you really want to show that you care, write a congratulatory note by hand on a card or a piece of paper.
6) It is probably ok to write a message that is funny or slightly sarcastic in a humorous way. But if you decide to do so, make sure you don't ruin the motive behind wishing someone good luck. Be careful not to end up writing something that crosses the line when it comes to being funny or rude. You could end up annoying whoever you are trying to congratulate if your message crosses that line.
7) Even if you are going to buy a card that already has a printed message inside it, make sure you add a personal touch by writing a few words yourself.
8) If you are arty and creative, feel free to make a homemade card or even write your own poem. These should be reserved for congratulating loved ones.
9) If the person means a lot to you, compliment your message with a gift. It can be something as simple as a pair of cufflinks, a parker pen, a tie, or even something as expensive as a new suit that he or she can use in the new role at work. It depends on how close you are with the person you are writing the message for.
More by this Author
Read a collection of original farewell messages for colleagues, bosses, and employees that you can incorporate into your own personal message.
First-year anniversary messages are meant to be romantic, funny, sexy, cool, and loving. If you don't know what to write for your first anniversary, take a look at these ideas.
Has your boyfriend changed his behavior? This article discusses some of the everyday signs that show that he isn't interested in you or the relationship any longer.