Date nite ideas
Last year I gave birth to my lovely daughter. The year before that I got married to my husband. The last three years have been a whirlwind. When you have a child its easy to be so involved in bringing up that child that you can neglect your spouse.
Many marriages today contain people that are living a single life. Even marriages with children can be like single parents and a single person. The centre of a family is the relationship that the two adults have . It is the role model of respect and care that the other relationships in the family feed upon. If that relationship is not nurtured and allowed to develop there will be problems. So what to do? One common and effective idea is to have a date nite!
- Don't limit yourself to the idea of a night time event, go when ever you can get a babysitter!
- Try not to spend all of the time talking about the children, this is time for you and your relationship
- Try to schedule time when you are child free and alone, so that date nite isnt the only child free time you have
- Don't make it about getting lucky that night. One of the strongest aphrodisiacs for a mother is doing the dishes or helping around the house!
- make sure that there is time everyday ie when the kids are in bed ( firm bedtimes are a must) when you can spend some down time with your spouse
- Do something special
Things to do:
- go see a movie
- go to dinner
- go to the theatre
- learn a language together
- spend a night at a hotel
- go for a picnic
- cook dinner for him/her
- order takeaway to be delivered
- go to a community college and learn a skill together
- go for a walk together
- go horse riding
- go for a sunset sail
- get fish and chips and eat it on the beach at sunset
- have coffee
- go to a jazz cafe
- turn up at their work at lunch time and have lunch together
- see some nature together ie butterfly park, zoo
More by this Author
Growing herbs in a tropical climate can be challenging but oh so rewarding! So come on down and have a go!