Doing The Things in This Hub Will Make Your Mother-in-Law Love You
Isn't she lovely, this pretty mother-n-law?
The basic reason
m--other-in-law's generally do not like their son-in-law's is that they feel that the man is not good enough for their daughters.
This is a very natural and common reaction. But although it is a natural and common reaction, still, it has caused a lot of friction between the two parties: moher and son-in-laws.
Who wins these chippy spats? No one. So why have them? I wish I had the answer to this question so I could take over Dr. Phil's show. Actually no one can really answer this question.
All I can do is isolate the son-in-law, find out his flaws and and see if I can re-mold him into a more-respectful man.
What common mistakes do most son-in-laws make
- Barge in the mother-in-law's home (with the wife, her daughter) laughing like a mule eating corn, shooting off-color jokes to the father-in-law and generally, just being a butt.
- Putting their nasty shoes up on the expensive, one-of-a-kind coffee table that her husband b bought for her in France on a recent business trip. (The husband forked-over $12,000.00)
- Arguing with the mother-in-law every chance he, the son-in-law gets just to prove he is a better man than she thought.
- Telling jokes in her presence that are not only vulgar, but very offensive.
What a pretty mother-in-law
The Truth of The Matter
is that most mother-in-law's really want to get along with their son-in-law's and love them. But sadly, there is a cross-section of them who are at heart, troublemakers, and thrive on making the new son-in-law feel inferior and have less self-esteem.
I suggest that the new son-in-law just do his best with "these" mother-in-law's and do not waste valuable time and energy trying to please them because "these" mother-in-law's simply cannot be pleased by you or anyone.
But the mother-in-law's I discuss in my story are the special one's who are willing to try and "make a go," of your new relationship with them.
And that is why implementing these tips is so important.
You have waited long enough
Here are things you (the son-in-law) can do to make your mother-in-law love you
- Always, when meeting her, even if it is every Sunday for lunch after church, kiss her knuckles just like in days gone by. Sure it is corny, but oh so effective. Her own husband never did this to respect her, but you did. And she will love you for it.
- Rise when she leaves the room or table. Rise when she returns. Another manners tool that has become lost in our selfish society.
- Be attentive to what she says. If you think about it. "You," are the new member of her family by marrying her baby girl, but it is her husband who dominates every conversation with his war stories mixed with how much money he has in IRA's and CD's, so listen to every word she manages to say. She will remember this kind gesture.
- Always compliment her on every dress, pair of shoes, even hats she might wear. You are the only male in the family who pays her any attention, so use this in a moderation because she may be secretly desiring to have a steamy-affair, so be careful.
- This is my favorite tip. On-purpose, do something clumsy in her presence. She will feel a motherly-nurturing toward you and any feelings of resentment for marrying her little girl will melt away.
- Put your wife, (her sweet baby girl) on a pedestal each time you two are with your mother-in-law. What a difference your mother-in-law will make in you, but also keep in ind that your mother-in-law, if she has taken good care of herself, may feel a bit jealous of not getting the compliments she deserves from you, so throw her a compliment every so often such as, "Hey, Ms. Swanson. These are great beans." She will glow with appreciation.
- Opening doors for her, pulling her chair out for her, are outdated for sure, but how they will "do the trick," if you think your mother-in-law does not like you.
- Always remember your mother-in-law's birthday. This is a sure-fire way to keep things warm between you and her.
I hope that you have great success with these sensible tips, but be on-guard. Your wife, who is your mother-in-law's daughter, might be a bit left-out and jealous of how you talk to and treat her mom.
Be prepared to whip-out your credit card and head to the local jewelry store and get your sweet wife a "peace offering," such as a ten-carat diamond ring.
This mother-in-law loves nice compliments
My Final Tip I Call My "Dynamite Tip,"
On Mother's Day . . .Get your Mother-in-Law a Mother's Day card.
You do not have to thank me for any of your success.
And from me
Happy Mother's Day and Mother-in-Law's Day from me. Sincerely, Kenneth
More by this Author
All she did was score fame, fortune, and popularity with "Ode to Billy Joe," and what did it get her? Read this piece to find out.
There are those who have been dumped, guys and girls, whose lives are now shattered and things they are not to do go achieve recovery, but now I talk about the "dumper" and the things he or she isn't to do.
Riding with Dr. Thompson was not boring, but now it's over.