Expert, Working Ways for You Guys to Talk Correctly to Women
Is talking to women easy?
You would think that for men to talk to women is one of the easiest things to do in life. That's what you would think. But in true reality, talking to women is probably the toughest act for most men to accomplish. Sad? Yes. Shameful? You bet.
Let's go ahead and name it on shyness because I do not know why (some) guys find it tough to not just approach a pretty woman at a party or in the supermarket to just say hi and make an attempt to meet and get to know her. It is as tough than having to face members of SEAL Team 6 in a dark alley immediately after you have insulted their patriotism. That tough.
Things have changed
Talking to women in 2015 has slightly-changed from the simple mindset of a guy just throwing a plastic smile in the direction of an attractive woman and saying some overused line as: "Hey, sweet babe. Time for your life to change and by just talking to me."
Put yourself in the woman's place, you eager guys. She doesn't know how to react to you in an inoffensive way, so you have, not meaning to, put her in a corner and she feels uncomfortable. To be blunt, that is simply because you do not know the "real" ways to talk to a woman. You have not been given the expert ways in which to approach and talk with a pretty woman.
Men, time to do some learning
It is a process. Part of that mysterious, sometimes unstable journey in gaining the trust of the lady before you start an intelligent conversation with her. Notice I said "intelligent?" Not some jibberish, encrypted jargon spoken by a skateboarding "mall rat" of 2015 or some wasted frat brother who only cares for himself when it comes to associating with women.
Thank you, folk-legend, Bob Dylan, for that iconic song, "The Times They Are a Changin'" And to coincide with that song and its message, I proudly give you, the reinvented guys from the 1970s through the 1990s, . . .
Expert, Working Ways for You to Talk Correctly to Women
(although this piece is aimed at guys such as myself, there is absolutely NO harm, confusion, or mean-spirited meanings intended. Thanks, Kenneth)
Things That You Do NOT Need to Do in Talking to a Woman:
- Overly-exaggerate yourself in any way. Women are endowed with this special sense where they can see through a con job as easilly as reading a cheap newspaper.
- Lie about anything--job duties, salary per year, famous people you are "related" to.
- Offend her with your wide-eyes scanning her up and down as if she were a piece of meat for sale in the butcher's window.
- Pretending to be listening to her and what she says, but you only hear three out of ten words.
- Letting your hands touch her in a disrespectful way and then acting like you didn't mean it.
- Thinking that your lack of confidence is a turn-on for meeting this woman. It is not. Just be as confident as you can.
- She knows that you are not perfect and neither is she. Have fun when you talk to her and when it is time to be serious, be serious.
Things You DO Need to Do in Talking to a Woman:
- Be you. No matter if you are a pauper. Be you. This is so important to women.
- Tell the truth from the beginning. Yes, if you are divorced or just coming from a bad relationship. Be honest without being rude as to talk harshly about your "ex" wife or girlfriend.
- Use your eyes to say to her, "I am listening. I am what I am."
- Be sincere when you talk or ask her something. Do NOT be sarcastic even in fun. Remember, you are in the "First Impressions are Lasting Impressions" stage of your friendship with this lady.
- Be moderate. This is a master key. Moderate means NOT overdoing your talking to her, telling her stale jokes and nudging her in the ribs as if she is a bar buddy, and asking questions about her. Sensibility goes a long way when talking to a woman.
- Be honest. This is similar to my tip of telling the truth from the beginning. If perhaps, while you are talking to this pretty woman, another attractive lady walks by and you glance at her. If the woman you are talking to "ribs" you in fun by asking, "was she pretty?" Please do not lie and tell the first woman you didn't notice. Just say yes or no and continue to conversation.
ADVICE: do not try to master all of these expert tips on talking to women. Just master a few. Then if needed, master the rest of them.
More by this Author
All she did was score fame, fortune, and popularity with "Ode to Billy Joe," and what did it get her? Read this piece to find out.
(Just) talking about meddlers and busy bodies is not enough. It is time I did something about them.
Not many fans of early television ever admit to not liking the "Andy Griffith Show." But me? I have endured a few casting miscues for as long as I can.