Factors to Consider in Choosing a Lifetime Partner
Factors to Consider in Choosing a Lifetime Partner and the Responsibilities Attached to It
Love constitutes an awareness of the basic elements which will enable a couple to decipher if the feeling is genuine or mature love. Sometimes it happens suddenly, to some it takes a lot of effort to win the one he/she loves.
In the process of knowing, selecting, respecting and accepting one's mate, consider the following factors:
1. Physical attractiveness - one's intuition in the unique characteristics or traits
2. Propinquity or nearness - doing things together
3. Basic similarities - similarity in race, social status, religion and others
4. Common interest - enjoying common activities, set of standards in life
5. Reciprocal Feelings - attracted to each other
6. Practicality - practical selection because of preferences
Attached to it are the responsibilities the couple is expected to follow.
1. Be honest and frank in expressing issues and values.
2. Trust and loyalty in the relationship.
3. Accept and respect each other for who they are to make the relationship stronger.
4. Listen openly when one is expressing disagreement.
More by this Author
The Importance of a Family Budget An operational budget is a plan on how family income should be spent to provide for family needs without incurring debts or deficits. It is the parent's primary task to prepare a...
Areas that Require Adjustments in Marriage The early period of marriage requires or needs a lot of adjustment between the couple. Today, marital adjustment is more complex than it has been in the past. It is...
Biology is the study of living organisms and there are many subfields of study under that umbrella. From anatomy to zoology, there are more than 30 different areas of study under biology.