Farewell Message for a Mentor―What to say in Goodbye card or Speech
What to write in a Farewell Card or Speech
Looking for farewell messages to send or email to your mentor, but lacked the zeal to really write good wordings in a goodbye speech, card or note? This article contain sayings that inspire you to get ideas on what to write. Express gratitude to your mentor/teacher that retired or you are leaving and let him/her know how much you valued the time and effort he/she had invested in you.
Here are some examples of farewell or retirement messages that you can write in a card, speech, email or text to your mentor to show how much you appreciate his/her care and support into helping you succeed as a professional. Get your farewell speech or goodbye note wording ideas from the list below and write your own unique message to show how much your mentor mean to you and how much he/she will be missed by you.
You can send these goodbye messages via text/SMS, email, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, IM or any of the social networking sites.
Samples of Farewell Message for Mentor
1. I wish that you have many, many more days to spend with us. You are a special person to all of us, we love you and we will greatly miss your words of wisdom and encouragement. Goodbye!
2. Words cannot express how painful it was when we heard of your retirement. You have been an inspiration to all of us in the department, and a mentor that we always look up to. We pray God gives you the strength and wisdom to continue the good work you are known for. Goodbye my mentor!
3. You have been an inspiration to many of us in the office to strive to be better members of staff by working as a team towards achieving the organization goals. May you enjoy your retirement and you have no cause to fear as you have played your role as a good mentor and have prepared many of us to continue with your great work. Farewell!
4. Learning under this atmosphere will never be the same without a teacher like you. I hope that your new place is full of fun and happiness as usual. Farewell and thank you for being my inspiration!
5. Not only have I enjoyed working with you; I have also gained experience on how to build a good reputation, be loyal and stand by our family, friends and country. Farewell and good luck!
6. It looks like an exciting prospect for you, but we your mentees still can’t believe it that you’re leaving us. Goodbye!
7. Thank you for the knowledge that you have imparted on me. Your love for success has no end. Thank you for being there for me. I will miss your kind words. Goodbye!
8. Words cannot describe how blessed we are to be among those that were trained during the time of an icon like you. Truly, we will miss your mentorship skills! Farewell!
9. Congratulations on your retirement! Thank you for all the years of unselfish service to our great country and for leading by example. May you continue to find success wherever you may find yourself. Goodbye my great mentor!
10. Thank you for the knowledge and skill you have given me and continue to give each day. I wish you long life in this country you have helped to groom young leaders like me.
11. It’s indeed a great pleasure to share this special time with you. You are a tower of strength and knowledge. If the world can have more people like you, indeed the world would be a much better place to make a living. We are who we are today, much to your efforts in a team and as a leader. Goodbye and hope to see you again!
12. Some people thought, finding a knowledgeable and competent teacher like you is not an easy task. I thank God for making it easy for me to connect with you. You have been my role model ever since I joined the team. Farewell sir!
13. With your perseverance and endurance to teach people what they ought to know, you have changed the negative attitude of many of us to work. As you move to your new place today, may God's mercy and endless blessings be upon you. May you continue to be a guidance and inspiration for all! We love you and all our best wishes are with you. Goodbye!
14. We join our colleagues in appreciating the knowledge you have imparted on us. We will always look up to you, your boldness and selflessness will always guide us. And to let you know that the knowledge you have imparted will remain in our minds forever.
15. You are a father, hero and my role model. All these years, you have given me inspiration, motivation, and the much needed knowledge to excel in my chosen profession. All my best wishes are with you wherever you may be. Farewell!
16. Let me use this note to let you know how interesting it was working with someone like you and to bid you goodbye. Thank you for your time and effort spent in helping me succeed as a professional. I will miss you and think of you always.
17. I wish you nothing but peace, love and happiness. Hope you have all that wonderful things life has to offer in your new place. I’m seriously missing you here. Goodbye and I hope you will visit us when you have the time to do so.
18. You have been my source of inspiration and motivation. Working under your leadership was the most fulfilling moment of my life. I wish you endless happiness and love. Goodbye to a great mentor ever!
19. The knowledge you have imparted is a treasure that will forever remain in my heart and I promise to pass it on to my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. May God grant you all your wishes as you move!
20. Thank you for the motivation, knowledge and insight that you have given to all of us. Thank You for being there for us all the time. And we thank you for the time and effort you have spent on us. Goodbye and we hope to see you again!
21. Leaders like you are not many in this generation. Your knowledge, vision and wisdom in turning this world into a place of hope and peace are of great importance to our generation. We promise you that we will continue to follow your path to greatness. Goodbye!
22. It has been a pleasure working with a mentor like you. I hope for your success in your new role. May you have fun and sweet experience abroad!
It's time to vote. Please, let your vote count!
Is it something easy to do when you have to say goodbye to someone that have spent time and effort into helping you succeed as a professional?See results without voting
23. Thank you for the support, guidance and encouragement you have provided for me during my time as the Regional Manager of our company. Even though I’ll miss my colleagues and this our great company, I’m looking forward to this new role and to start a new phase of my career. Goodbye!
24. You’ve been a friend, colleague, and mentor whom I treasured so much. However, this is the right time when we have to part ways not for death but for success. Goodbye and I hope to see you soon!
25. Your ideals and work have changed many lives positively. I thank you for your sacrifice and for letting us to know that goal without a plan is a mere dream. It’s a pity that we don’t know how long it will take us to get people like you who will continue with your good work. Goodbye!
26. By emulating your good example of sacrifice, motivation, courage, foresight, consistency, appreciation and self-discovery, I know for sure that I will always succeed wherever I may find myself. I thank you for the time and effort spent. Goodbye!
27. Thank you for being the greatest mentor that ever lived. You are not only our teacher, but a true leader that we should all emulate. Farewell!
Sample of Farewell Speech to a Mentor
Good morning, Ladies and Gentlemen. First of all, let me thank everyone here today for honoring this invitation to bid our mentor goodbye. However, no matter how daunting it could be to say goodbye to someone that have spent time and effort into helping us succeed, we need to appreciate all the beautiful moments our mentor spent with us.
His valuable contributions to this organization and to us individually will forever be remembered. Thank you for your inspiration to all, young and old. Throughout your stay with us, you’ve worked so hard to provide us a happy life; you’ve been there to help and give useful advice, and you did all these without racial discrimination, which of course is one of the attributes of a good leader. We have spent many great days together, however, now we are getting separated not for death but for good.
Words cannot express how painful it was when we heard that you’re leaving. You have been an inspiration to all of us, and a mentor that we always look up to. It’s indeed a great pleasure to share this special time with you. You are a tower of strength and knowledge. If the world can have more people like you, indeed the world would be a much better place to make a living. We are who we are today, much to your efforts in a team and as a leader. We pray God gives you the strength and wisdom to continue the good work you are known for.
Like you use to tell us, “no person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the success of those under him”. Sir, leaders like you are not many in this generation. Your knowledge, vision and wisdom in turning this place into a place of hope and peace are of great importance to our generation. The knowledge you have imparted is a treasure that will remain in our heart forever, and today we promise to pass it on to our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and follow your path to greatness. We will really miss you.
On behalf of my colleagues, I wish you all the very best for the rest of your life as you move.
Thank you very much.
Did this article help you?See results without voting
If you have any need to comment on what you’ve just read, now is the time. Share your thoughts in the comments below!
More by this Author
Finding the best happy full moon baby wishes, messages or greetings to write or say is a great skill. Check some examples of what to write in a card for a new baby and the parents below.
Get your card wordings idea from these samples of thank you message for wedding guests and sponsors. Express your thankful wishes for their gifts, money, support, time and efforts.
Examples of thank you letter, messages and sayings to write in a card for a good mentor and teacher. Express your appreciation to him/her for guiding and mentoring you.
No comments yet.