Feng Shui Tips for Love and Marriage
My Own Feng Shui Experience
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese
system of aesthetics believed to use the laws of both heaven and earth
to help one improve life by receiving positive qi or ‘energy flow’.
I used to ignore Feng Shui because it initially appeared too complicated
to comprehend with all those unfamiliar terminologies. It was
only when my father-in-law gave me a book that I was forced to read
so as not to put his efforts to waste that I started to appreciate Feng
Shui principles. Reading through the pages, I realize it is making
a lot of sense so I gave it a try with the thought that I have nothing
to lose. I had just finished my Masters degree and in between jobs at
that time when I decided to focus on the career sector of our house.
Decluttering in the southeast corner of the house was the major change
I implemented and in a few weeks, job opportunities and actual job offers
kept coming. Of course, I got to choose the best for me and my
When it comes to love and marriage,
I am proud to say that we are on our 11th year of blissful
partnership as husband and wife and we have kept the magic alive. There
may be petty quarrels but nothing serious we cannot handle...I can even
say those are just the spice of life. Some Feng Shui tips on love
and marriage that I have compiled are shared below. These were
not purposefully applied in our marriage because I have never felt there
was a need to but I just realized that we have been observing most of
the guidelines listed, strengthening my belief in the principle.
Locate the love and relationship area
Whether you are single and wants to attract love into
your life, with boyfriend/girlfriend or married and wants to enhance
your relationship, the first thing to do is to locate the love and relationship
area of your house and enhance positive energy in this area. You
will find it in the southwest corner. This is the area where love
up the clutter and fix broken things in the southwest because these
are negative vibes that block qi. This is a good rule to apply
in any situation. Convert your trash into cash by selling them
or give them away to people in need.
Redecorate your marriage corner to include red, pink or white
These are relationship
enhancing colors. You don’t need to paint your wall with these
colors if you don’t want to. A vase of pink flowers, for example,
would do. Just make sure to replace them before they wither. Avoid
cacti, prickly or thorny plants inside the house because these may cause
arguments among family members. Earth being the element of romance,
adding stones and small rocks in the southwest area of the house brings
Place a pair of objects together
To symbolize a couple, you can place a pair of mandarin
ducks, which are potent symbol of marital bliss. A pair of cranes or
dolphins are good symbols as well. You can also hang a portrait
of a happy couple or a pair of love birds. The important thing
is that the object should come in a pair like a couple.
Place two candles and light them
Preferably red and scented, light these candles
nightly for a few minutes to ignite romantic flames.
Follow the bedroom dos and don’ts
You bedroom is your sanctuary. It should
invite positive energy, be conducive to relaxation and of course romance.
- Do not place a mirror facing the bed from any side, reflecting the couple. This could invite negative vibes leading to marriage failure due to a third party or infidelity.
- Do not place a television set inside the bedroom to promote interaction between partners. Besides, it is similar to a mirror that brings negativity to marriage.
- Position your bed with accessibility on three sides to find and keep a partner. Do not place it in direct line with the door and not under a window.
- If a bathroom is attached to your bedroom, always keep the bathroom door closed.
- Plants and aquariums are bad ideas for a bedroom. Growing plants and moving fishes disagree with ‘rest’ being promoted in the bedroom.
- Remove all items under the bed. It should be clean and clear for continuous energy flow. This is good for marital relationships and fecundity.
- Find out your Kua Number and auspicious sleep directions http://www.circle-of-light.com/fengshui/fs-kua.html. You can sleep with your head pointing towards your Nien Yen (relationship) direction but Feng Shui recommends that you sleep with your head towards your Shen Chi (success) direction.
- Hang pink and/or heart-shaped crystals by the window or place a pink quartz crystal on a table where it can catch light to bring in good yang (love) energy.
- Relocate exercise equipment, computer and other work-related materials from your bedroom to another area of your house. Having these in your bedroom will make you feel you are always at work with your relationship.
- Avoid furniture with sharp corners because these will act as poison arrows. Rounded edged furniture is best.
- A strong headboard firmly attached to a bed is advisable but never a stand alone headboard.
- A queen-sized bed is preferable because it is big enough to accommodate a couple but not too big that closeness is still encouraged.
Apart from all these physical changes you can do to your dwelling, you may consider some romantic moves every now and then like reading poetry to each other or better yet write poems and dedicate them to your special someone. Light some scented candles, turn on soft and soothing music and invite your loved one to dance with you… set the mood and do the groove. Engage in simple talks on topics you both enjoy before bedtime. Think of any romantic activity that will draw you and your partner closer together and it will happen. Always envision the two of you as happy couple and you will be.
Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day
- Buy Her a Valentine's Day Gift Online: What Women Appreciate
Women are easy to please during Valentines Day. You can never go wrong with flowers and chocolates. But certainly men are asking themselves, will it be flowers and chocolates year after year? Of...
- What Both Men and Women Want for Valentines Day
Its no secret that men and women see things differently and want different things. These had been clearly expressed in various hubs such as these: From a mans point of view: What A Man Wants For...
- Cute Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Young Sweethearts
Having sweethearts in your teenage years sound scary and exciting at the same time. Handling romantic relationships too soon could be overwhelming. But you can tell me....because I've been through it...in...
- Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Him
It is the time to be more romantic on this special day of love. Various ways of celebrating this occasion may include fine dining at home or in a gourmet resto, day tour or overnight stay in a beach...
- Buy Spectacular Insect Brooches Online
While I was doing my research on Valentines Day gift that a woman would appreciate, I came across a collection of brooches and was so amazed by the exquisite insect brooches that I saw. I told myself,...
More by this Author
The arrival of a new baby is the most wondrous event in a family. This arrival is made more special by the ceremonies being held to welcome the child to the family, to society and to religious communities. Find out...
Wedding traditions vary from country to country. Even within a country, there could be variations among regions based on tribal, ethnicity, cultural and religious affiliations. As I went over...
My 21-month old daughter was diagnosed to have acute viral gastroenteritis and recommended for immediate confinement for appropriate medical treatment. While in the hospital, we found out from home that our...