Feng Shui Decorating: Love & Marriage
Written by: Jaclyn Popola
- If you consistently get involved with people who are afraid of commitment, remove all fragile, breakable items and crooked, unstable furniture from the Love Gua. Take two earthenware pottery bowls and place them next to each other on a sturdy surface. Leave them empty to encourage the surrounding energy to find something to fill them with; do not fill them with anything yourself until you've found love. Then, and ONLY then, fill them with matching plants.
- If you are perpetually single or having difficulty finding a new partner, make sure the love section is free of any artwork depicting lone images. If there is, replace it with a picture of a romantic couple. Basically, nothing in this gua should stand by itself--you want the objects to always have a pair (unless it is a loveseat, then it‘s okay). Even a single chair can ward off love. Remove it. Even if your bed is not located in the love gua, check to make sure it is not against a wall. Placing one side of the bed against a wall leaves no room for an additional person to comfortably enter and exit.
- If you've had your heart broken or been the unwitting victim of a love affair gone wrong, clear your love gua of triangular images such as diamonds, sunbursts and pyramids. Triangles give off very bad vibes and are not good feng shui. Again, even if your bed is not exactly located in the love section, it is still the main symbol of marriage and relationships. Position it so that the headboard is completely against a wall to encourage solidity and stability, otherwise unwelcome energy will be drawn into the room.
- If you are a workaholic who never has time to go out and play, keep your love gua free of anything that represents work. The presence of exercise equipment, computers, bills, desks, filing cabinets, even calculators will bog you down. Replace these items with romantic objects that are aesthetically appealing to you, such as plush, velvet pillows or chenille throws in jewel tones (deep red, deep purple, etc.)
- If you've been in the same relationship for a while and it's become a little boring, spice it up by airing out your love gua. Your furniture should not take up more than half of the space in this area, so if there is a large, cumbersome piece located here, move it to another section or another room altogether. Stimulate a monotonous sex life by placing rose-scented candles in the area and lighting them each night to add zest to your love life. Brighten up a dull sex life by stringing red, pink or white lights around the gua.
FENG SHUI BOOKS
More by this Author
Body language makes up 55% of our communication with others. The movements our bodies unknowingly and subconsciously create speak volumes about the way we're feeling mentally and emotionally. When a couple is in the...
When I first moved down to Florida three years ago, I was staying with my grandparent's in St. Lucie County. Because it was primarily a retirement community, there was absolutely nothing to do other than go to the beach...
The human body can pretty much be pierced virtually anywhere that there is skin, and the ears are no exception to this rule.