Five Reasons Why You Should Not Lie
In a world that has become so morally loose, where everything goes, it is very difficult to stand out. It is so much easier for one to conform to popular thought than to transform it. Opinions are no longer purely personal. Unfortunately, this has also affected the way we relate with one another.
People no longer take relationships seriously. The "open relationship" syndrome has become readily acceptable by many, yet it is just another way to legitimize infidelity and a lack of commitment. You cannot build a lasting relationship based on an 'open' concept. A lack of commitment from the beginning is a clearly sign that the relationship is headed for doom. You are either committed or you are not. There is no in-between or checking it out.
Here are Five Reasons Why You Should Not Lie, especially if you are starting a relationship!
- Lying Erodes Your Self Confidence - whether done intentionally or by accident . You can no longer be as confident about yourself once a lie has been introduced into a relationship. You conscience is constantly troubled and you try to justify your actions by assigning blame.
- Lying Defiles Your Relationship. Your relationship cannot be said to be authentic anymore. Your relationship in now cheapened whether the other party is aware of the lie or not.
- Lying Breaks The Foundation Of The Relationship - The primary layer of every relationship is TRUST. Once your trust has been eroded, there is no possibility of a strong relationship, as the lie will always linger in the back of your minds.
- Lying Always Breads Other Lies - A lie cannot stand on its own, it needs the support of other lies. This is the beginning of your downfall. Not only will you be telling a lie, but you will now qualify as a liar.
- Lying Dismisses The Truth - You cannot embrace the truth and lie at the same time. Usually, individuals lie because they have less confidence in the truth. It is unusual for someone who believes in the truth to rely on a lie in order to produce the best outcome.
The best way to build a strong relationship is to be comfortable with the truth about each other. No matter how unattractive that truth may appear at first. Reality is what makes a relationship thrive. Love blossoms in truth, not romance. Romance is simply a way to discovering the real person.
So the next time you are tempted to lie, ask yourself, do you want a genuine relationship or do you want a defiled one?
Thanks for reading. I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences.
More by this Author
No matter what circumstance you may be facing or going through, there is always a way out.
Cooking can be fun if you love adventure, and this is one of them. You will not miss meat if that's your weakness. However, you can easily replace the ingredients to suit your taste. This exercise is great for bonding...
If you think you are not judgmental, think again. Let me say from the start, that this article is not about bashing anyone or putting someone on the spot. It's not even about driving a point of view across. It is meant...