Six Ways To Keep Your Husband Interested
I've been married for almost a year now and the relationship as a whole has been going on for almost a year and a half. Now over the years I've also watched my sisters marriages closely. My husband and I are still stuck on a state of being in what people would call the honeymoon phase. We've had a grand total of about three or four big fights and we are still completely and utterly in love and it doesn't look like it'll be changing anytime soon. We even have a baby and still haven't changed much. I've discovered that there's six ways to keep your husband interested in the relationship and happy. Most of the things doesn't include a great night in bed like most would think. So without further ado, here's some my five ways.
1. Communication - My husband still doesn't know everything about me and I still have things to learn about him. Some people say this isn't a great thing but in all honesty it is. It gives you something to have heartfelt conversations about, new things to be interested in, and most importantly another thing to love about your spouse. I've noticed that a lot of married couples run out of things to talk about, a simple thing to do is find something new that interests you and talk about it.
2. Similar Interests - My husband and I have a lot of things in common but at the same time we have a lot of differences. The greatest way to keep him on his feet is to let him know about the interests you have and see if he'd like to try them himself if he hasn't already decided he doesn't like it.
3. Date Night - I'm aware most people know about this one, however it doesn't always have to consist of going out. It can consist of just renting a movie and watching it together, or ordering pizza and just enjoying each-others company. I mean, lets face it this world gets more and more expensive everyday and staying home is the cheapest thing to do.
4. Trying Something Different - This one refers to sexual interactions. Most couples tend to stop doing the deed due to being purely bored of the normal routine. There's a simple fix to that, check around online, figure out a new way to go about it, make it interesting again. Even try different positions if it'll help.
5. Family Time - This pretty much refers to the whole family, a dinner with your parents, siblings, or even just you, your husband and your kids. Family dinners are always entertaining and always give you and your husband new things to talk about later at night. Not to mention it helps with bonding time on your family life as well as your relationship.
6. Day Off - Give him a day or two to himself. This one is pretty self explanatory, just leave him be for the day and let him do whatever his little heart desires. Of course I don't mean cheating or anything like that but more of a day with the boys, or even a TV day for him.
Most of this list is composed by what me and my husband do, and it obviously works pretty well seeing as we're stuck in that honeymoon phase still. It doesn't really take much to keep your husband interested and happy, all it takes is a little effort.
Update Almost Five Years Into My Marriage
When I first wrote this hub my marriage was still in the starting stages. As time goes by things tend to get a little more difficult which always happens. There's always ups and downs but one thing I've learned and am continuing to learn is communication plays one of the biggest roles still.
I won't say my marriage is perfect, there is no such thing as a perfect marriage. If you think you are involved in a perfect relationship there is something wrong.
Problems arrive, things happen, fights ensue... it's an uphill battle really. Things can go from great to horrible in a matter of minutes. It's how you deal with the issues as they arise that helps with how it will turn out. If you deal with a problem the wrong way it could be enough to end a good, or great, thing.
I don't feel anything on my list needs to be changed. Those things are still working for me and why wouldn't they be? It's the basics after all. However, always expect the unexpected. I never thought that here I would be at 23 and my husband would be the only one with a job. I understand it's tough to be a stay at home mom with a 4 year old but I also understand my husband goes through hell at work to. He has every right to be exhausted when he gets home from a 6 to 8 hour shift as a server on the Las Vegas strip. The issue is when he's working these hours, and working six days a week its hard to find that time to put aside because he just wants to relax on his day off.
It makes date night and family time more difficult. I'm actually amazed that we are still this happy together sometimes but then again, when you don't spend much time together because of work or the kids its understandable that you take the time you have and cherish that much more. With that said I'd like to add one more thing to the list...
7. Intimacy - This doesn't only refer to the sexual aspect of it. You don't need to throw off your clothes and have a hot passionate night just to be intimate with your spouse. Don't take those moments for granted really. Heck, I'm happy with just cuddles and talking at this point. Just being close to your spouse can really make theirs and your day that much better.
That's really all I have for now to be honest. Most likely I will update this list as my marriage progresses.
Going On 8 Years Strong
So here's a little change of direction for what this hub originally started out as. It's been almost eight years since I married Joey and while I can't say we've grown up at all or a lot has changed since day one I can say some things do deserve a little revising. For five years this hub has remained focused on the husband, though some rules do apply to the wife's happiness, I feel like a few pointers have been left out.
With that said I figured I'd conjoin a few things up and put some things into better light. The above steps are rules to keeping each other happy and I can't help but feel there were a few things left out.
8. Time Off For The Wife - I really don't feel much light needs to be shined on that one because for the most part as long as we don't have husbands with trust issues they tend to be more willing to let the wife go out on a girls night than women tend to be about letting husbands out of the house with the boys. It's no secret that sometimes us wives, especially the stay at home moms, need some time out.
It's no surprise to anyone that has kids that the first few years can be stressful and cause some issues in a marriage if you let the stress levels build up too much but for us it got a lot easier once our son started school. Childcare is extremely expensive in this day and age and with the economy in shambles and a lot of people barely being able to afford to live it can put pressure on a marriage. While I miss having my little boy at home with me on a daily basis it's also refreshing for me and my husband to have that alone time in the school hours.
I'm huge on family time but I'm also still a strong believer in couples needing time by themselves as well as on their own for a bit. If a woman or man is constantly having trust issues there's a good chance the man or woman is going to stray, they're already being accused of it why not after all? Not all guys are bad, not all females are she-devils. The main thing I'm saying is at the end of the day what matters most in a relationship is finding the right one. Keep your chin up because one of the best feelings in the world is love, not just from your family or kids but from someone, after no matter how long you've been with them, you can still look at them and say 'They are definitely the one for me'.
In conclusion the main factors at play are love, bonding, fun, happiness, communication, space and the most important factor in it all trust. Stepping away from just one of those things can collapse everything right in front of your eyes. Life will throw many heartbreaks, hardships and trials at you, the main factor in coming out of it successful is moving past it and not letting it get you down.
More by this Author
The songs listed in this hub are ones that have either brought tears to my eyes or came close to it. These are my top five saddest songs.
This is a list of my top five favorite casinos to gamble at in Southern Nevada. It includes casinos from Laughlin and Las Vegas but the ones in Las Vegas are mostly off the strip. If you're looking for places to gamble...
Planning a trip to Southern California anytime soon? If you are check out this hub of the top five Southern California Tourist Attractions. Get the skinny on the best places to visit while there.