Some Thoughts About Friends
This is short and sweet. As I edit more of my collection of quotes, I may add to this. Meanwhile, you are welcome to add to it through your comments. Enjoy!
Thoughts of Friends
- When you are with a friend you can talk a lot; but you don’t need to talk at all.
- Friends come in all sizes.
- Friends come in all ages.
- Sometimes friends have two good legs, sometimes friends come on crutches, sometimes a friend comes in a wheelchair. Sometimes you need to go to your friend who cannot leave the bed.
- When a friend goes away the friendship doesn’t.
- Friends don’t excuse what you do wrong, but they do forgive you.
- A friend delights in your successes and good times. A friend walks by your side through the hard times.
- A friend listens; a friend shares.
- *Joy shared is double joy, sorrow shared is half sorrow. (I have temporarily lost the reference for this quote, which appeared in Reader’s Digest.)
- A friend doesn’t mind you being silent when you don’t want to talk. A friend is willing to listen when you do want to talk.