Golf Theme Wedding Ideas
Why Have a Golf Theme Wedding?
Whether your ceremony and reception is at a country club or if you are simply crazy about golf, having a golf theme wedding can be a great way to celebrate your second passion (after your new spouse)! Whether you want your reception to be the utmost in elegance or humorous and whimsical, I have put together a collection of the best ideas from other golf-loving brides and grooms, plus a few of my own.
Ideas for Golf Wedding Venues
Where you hold your golf theme wedding will be your first decision. Here are some ideas for venues, and ways to make the most of them:
- Country club with golf course for location, naturally
- Outdoors, where there is a view of the course
- Take photos on the fairway and greens. Make sure it's during a season that allows you to go outside - but watch out for flying golf balls!
- Most venues have beautiful water setting for more photos. Catch the sunset.
- Catch a photo of the two of you in a golf cart after the ceremony. Have your bridesmaids or groomsmen decorate it just like they would for the traditional getaway car.
Your invitations and save-the-dates are your first opportunity to let everyone know about your golf theme. There are tons of ways to incorporate it in your designs:
- Create a design or motif you can use everywhere in your decorations. Look for clipart or ask a friend who is a graphic designer to create one for you.
- Use Save the dates designed as score cards or as golf ball shaped magnets to put on the fridge.
- Develop a color scheme of green and white with imprints of golf tees.
- Display photos of yourselves on the course, preferably with a sunset backdrop.
- Find golf clipart and invitation kits to make your own with fancy paper you can get online.
Wedding Decorations to Reflect Your Golf Theme
Your decorations are where you really get to show your creativity and tie in the golf theme in your wedding. Go crazy!
- Use the traditional color scheme of white and green, preppy pink and green, or tartans and argyle.
- Range ball buckets can be used as containers for plants or flowers, or even wedding programs.
- Fill vases with golf balls and tees, with greenery and branches sticking out.
- Place vintage golf clubs around the room or on tables.
- Incorporate traditional golf plaids in the fabrics and tablecloths you use as accents to solid colors.
- Golf wedding place card holders with different flags are a cute accessory and favor.
- Make centerpieces with flags for each hole. This works well if you have a lot of guests and can do 18, or 19, tables.
- Use a golf theme wedding cake topper and put white chocolate golf balls in between the layers.
- Ask the cake designer to make a groom’s cake that represents a green, fairway, golf bag, or golf cart.
Don't Forget the Themed Wedding Favors!
Last, but not least, your guests will love receiving a little extra treat from you in the form of a golf wedding favor. Here are just a few of the most popular ones:
- Golf bag cookie favors
- Personalized golf balls and tees
- Chocolate golf balls
- Golf theme luggage tags
- Golf theme cocktail mixes
- Golf ball bottle opener
- Golf theme tape measure (for measuring who’s closest to the hole!)
More Golf Wedding Decorations and Favors
More Wedding Inspiration and Planning Tips
- The Most Romantic Place for Wedding Ceremony
Talking about wedding. I really wait this moment. Although I am still single right now, but I have to prepare everything for my wedding. There are two choices for me, simple wedding and party wedding. Simple...
- Planning a Wedding in Westchester New York
My husband and I have been professional wedding DJs for almost ten years now and even though WestchesterCounty is only a hop, skip and a jump away, we haven't had nearly as many weddings there as I...
- The Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf Courses and T...
The Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf Courses and Tennis Resort offers 45 holes of championship golf on three courses; the 18-hole Conquistador Course, 18-hole Canada Golf Course and 9-hole Pusch Ridge Golf...
More ideas? Share them with everyone!
No comments yet.