Gossips, Meddlers and YOU (How to Deal...)
Self development helps in stopping your self from gossiping...
Gossips, and Meddlers are EVERYWHERE...
We meet them every day, and sometimes, we can be one of them. They turn hills into mountains and twist your words. They have roving eyes so as to make a story that has no guarantee of existence.
Time and again many are victims of meddlers and gossipers who spend their precious time making trouble and talking about other people’s life. It seems as though this is a part of them that would cause them to lose their life if they refrain from doing such things. Meddlers are among us, they may be loud or silent, and are always annoying. But there are ways to deal with them and stop feeling bad each time you become their prey.
Realize that we can NEVER avoid provocateurs in our life, yet there are ways to avoid conflict with them.
Here are a few ways to handle meddlers and gossipers:
- Always keep in mind that meddlers want their ideas and opinions to be always considered the right one, although they are wrong. It is then better to agree with them even if you know for a fact that they are wrong. Keep in mind that even if you have to agree with them, you don’t have to do it whole heartedly and you don’t have to follow what they like. Just tell them straight that you agree and that’s it. Meddlers don’t care what you have in mind anyway, they just want to be “right”, so let them think that way even if they are wrong. There is no use arguing with them since meddlers are self righteous and they keep a closed mind. All they know is they are “right” and they want to keep it that way.
- NEVER discuss your personal life with them. Be very careful about sharing the intimate things about your life, they may make a “dramatic” story out of it and they may even have the “right” opinion. Before you know it, your intimate details may reach the top story of your town.
- Tell your secrets only to TRUSTED FRIENDS.
- Keep your self at a distance from these people. Yet stay civil. Never share bonding moments with them and be sensitive enough as to who to trust.
- If these people start to converse with you and ask details about your life, try saying this to them: “You know, I am not really interested discussing my private life so let’s just talk about yours instead.”
- Be direct to people who makes gossip about you or other people and tell them straight to the point that they can make a BIG trouble out of their playful tongue. In doing so, remember to be assertive and not aggressive.
- If you mingle with people who start and end their day gossiping, change the topic each time they start making hills into mountains. This way, you avoid being a part of their contagious hobby.
- Prevent being a gossiper and meddler by paying special attention about what you do or say to others especially around people who tend to gossip and meddle. Petty details may be BIG deal for others. Don’t be a source of a new topic or material for gossipers to talk about.
- Above all, after doing all these, let go. Stop minding the gossips, the gossipers and meddling they do. Don’t let them affect you. You won’t get tired ignoring them and they will become bored of you. Stop worrying about what they have to say as long as you know you are on the right track and you don’t sabotage the life of others.
Why gossipers gossip, and how to stop being a gossiper yourself…
Look good, feel good... stop feeling UGLY!
- Gossip Is Like Feathers Flying From A Pillow
Proverbs 11:13 A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret. Devotional: Gossip Is Like Feathers Flying From A Pillow A very close friend of mine shared a short video with me that...
- WikiAnswers - What are some Bible verses about gossip
The Bible question: What are some Bible verses about gossip? All of us are interested in people, so we sometimes say good, up-building things about others, which is fine if what we say is true and does
- GOSSIP; HOW TO STOP IT
It happens frequently. Something happens I'd like to avoid having others know about. It can be something that could hurt somebody else's feelings, cause problems in a relationship, or backfire on me. Even...
There are many reasons why people gossip. They do it just to kill time, to make others think that they are smart, to be “in” in a certain circle of friends or it may root from plain jealousy or insecurity. Whatever may be the reason is, it is a fact that gossiping is a part of our life.
On the brighter side, there are ways to deal with gossipers, stop your self from being a gossiper and avoid gossips. Here are few of the ways to do so:
- Before you commit your self to gossiping, keep in mind the negative effects of such an act. Think twice before uttering a word and remember to put your self at the position of your prey.
- Keep in mind that secrets do leak no matter how much you keep them from others. We may think that the gossips we share are unknown to the victims yet it does otherwise. This may result to broken relationships and lost trust and respect. At the same time, your own prestige may be tarnished and your own act makes you a lesser person.
- Avoid participating in any gossipy conversation. Walk away if you can, and find other things to do. If walking away does not suit the situation, just keep your mouth shut if you have nothing nice and sensible to say.
to the gossips. Do not respond to negative comments about others, and if you
can, raise a positive topic about the person they victimize. If you hardly know
the person, keep your mouth shut. NEVER BELIEVE A GOSSIP UNLESS YOU GET A FIRST HAND AND REASONABLE PROOF.
- Focus on developing your own self whenever you try to kill time. Spend idle time reading self help books or anything that can help you develop as a person. Learn new skills that may help you have a better life. Do your hobby, or you can even pluck your own brows (lol!). These activities will help you avoid gossiping, and avoid your own insecurities as well, since you improve your self.
- Raise new and interesting topics that may entertain gossipers whenever they start gossiping. Topics like what’s on sale or what’s the new fashion trend may suit their taste.
Gossipers and meddlers are part of our world; it does not only happen in our own part of the globe. Yet we can make a difference by not being one of these people and by knowing how to deal with them. Besides, we keep talking about hypocrisy and who talks or not behind our back, but should we really care? If your life is perfect for you, and you know that you are truly loved & cared for, who cares about who talks about who? After all, no matter what others may say, it will never change you without your consent.
And lastly, one thing to keep in mind: Before talking, you should be wary of what comes out from your mouth, for even if you WHISPER to keep it from others, your words SHOUT to the world what you are made of.
Copyright by DJBRYLE WORKS, 2010. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED AND AUTHORIZED BY LAW
More by this Author
I never really wished to have you in my life forever… although I know that nothing will ever be the same without you...
This morning I received a mail from a best friend of mine telling me that her daughter is being bullied just because she is an achiever in school and she was complimented on by her teacher as someone who is "best...
Kongsky at Freedigitalphotos.net I only have three most loved and cherished love story in my life, my love story with God, my love story with my very loving and wonderful husband and the one that I am about to share. ...