Retirement wishes: Congratulatory messages and poems for a retirement card
Wish someone a happy retirement with a touching poem or a congratulatory message written on a personalized retirement card. Whether it is a retiring colleague, boss, teacher, friend, dad or mom, send your congratulations for their retirement and appreciate their contribution in their jobs or business.
Retirement wishes: Poems and short rhymes for retirement card
Take ideas from these poems and write your own congratulatory message for a colleague, teacher or family member who is retiring. People work all their lives to wait for this special day. Help them celebrate their retirement with by writing a touching rhyme on a card. You can add a warm touch to your message by talking about a peculiar habit, contribution to work or that person's achievements made over the years.
1) Years of hard work and grit are behind you
Successful people with happy families, like you are few
Your retirement is your chance to rejoice
Because whatever you do henceforth will completely be your choice
2) As you retire
And aim to fulfill your desires
To do what you like best
Along with taking ample rest
As you lose all your worry
And enjoy life's every luxury
Congratulations to you
Your retirement was long due
3) Don't be sad
On the day that you retire
Instead, be happy
That you will get to do all that you desire
Congratulations on your retirement
Now a party from you, we require
4) You can choose to go to sleep early
Or choose to sleep late
You can choose to spend the night out merrily
Or relax at home with a beer crate
You can choose to do anything you want really
Because your schedule, now you will dictate
I will miss you at work dearly
Congratulations on your retirement mate
5) As you say goodbye to the folks in your office
You will suddenly realize that they are the people you will miss
As you begin afresh life's new pages
To enjoy all your saved up wages
I congratulate you on retiring
May your life become more relaxing
6) I have so many things in mind
To write on your retirement card
You have been a person so kind
An employee, who always worked hard
I don't know if I will ever be able to find
Another colleague upon whom, my silly jokes I can bombard
Congratulations on your retirement
7) If you don't hear the alarm clock
Of pending bills, you forget to take stock
If you don't hear the doorbell
Consider that life's way to tell
That you have finally retired
From harboring worries, you have been fired
8) Your retirement is an end
To life's troubles and stress
Your retirement is a beginning
Of relaxation and happiness
Wish you a happy retirement
9) As your career comes to a wrap
I can picture you wearing a golf cap
And spending leisurely days at the course
Without worrying about a boss who has schedules to enforce
I can picture you driving your vintage ride
And smirking as the guys watch at your wheels, with eyes wide
Cherish these times, it is your moment to enjoy
You can do all the things that make you feel like a young boy
10) You will finally be able to enjoy
All the money that you have earned
And all the vacations
Which you had earlier spurned
Wishing you a happy retirement
11) If some of life's best business ideas
Come to you after you retire
It only proves, that in your belly
You still have a burning fire
Is life's way of saying
That a good job you have been doing
For which you are worth rewarding
13) Be happy about your retirement
As you look back at all your accomplishments
Look forward to a life of contentment
Search for ways to add more excitement
To make your life replete with fulfillment
14) Treat your retirement as a start
To things that you have always wanted to do
I wish you straight from the heart
Congratulations for a life new
15) Don't plan for retirement
Just let it flow
It is the happiest time in your life
Just let it show
16) Retirement means being in your pajamas all day
Waking up late in the morning and having you way
Retirement means doing whatever you want to do
I wish a fun filled retirement to you
17) Instead of chasing a deadline
Ready yourself to chase a life fine
Instead of chasing reminder sheets
Ready yourself to put up your feet
May your retirement bring out the best in you
I so envious, I want to retire too
18) At the resort's hammock under the sun, just lay
For your fancy cocktails, your previous salaries will pay
To celebrate, go all the way
Congratulations, as you retire today
19) You were always looking forward to retire
Tell me the truth, don't be a liar
It is not something to be guilty about
It is time to pick rules that you want to flout
Congratulations for retiring today
Your lifelong work is commendable, I must say
20) Too much planning
Can rob your life's enjoyment
Take it easy now
That you have finally taken up retirement
Retirement gift ideas
Retirement wishes: Messages for a card, email or speech
Retirement means everything to the person who is retiring. No one can relate to the emotions that they go through on the day of their retirement. Make sure that you are an integral part of this transitional point in their life by writing a message that encompasses their decades of work in one or two heart-touching lines. Peppy messages can also be included at the end of a congratulatory email or announcement in your office.
1) Retirement is all about saying goodbye to long work hours and a lot of stress. Retirement is also all about enjoying all your past years of success. Wishing you a happy retirement.
2) Think of your retirement as your first birthday because from this day onwards, you will get to do whatever you want without getting told off.
3) As you retire you have left behind a beautiful legacy, which will inspire the next generation to follow their destiny. Congratulations.
4) Gear up to experience a life without sticky notes, reminders, calls and meetings. Get ready to wake up late in the morning to be welcomed by your wife's lovely greetings. Congratulations on retiring.
5) In some people's life retirement comes early, in some people's life it comes late. But whenever it does come, it always feels like it was worth the wait. Congratulations.
6) Retirement is God's way to say, that you have had enough and it is time to call it a day. Congratulations on retiring.
7) I know you have been planning to do a lot of stuff after you retire. Now that you have retired, stop planning and start doing. Congratulations.
8) Let your retirement mark the end of doing things that you are told to, and the beginning of doing things that you want to. Congratulations on your retirement.
9) No more cursing on Mondays, no more anticipating Fridays, just a daily Sunday. Happy retirement.
10) Retirement is not the end of your life. It is the beginning of happy times that you will spend with your wife. Wishing you a happy and healthy retirement.
11) Retirement doesn't mean you are a senior citizen, it means that you are a citizen with seniority in all fields of life. Happy retirement.
12) Retiring is exactly like that feeling you get when you open a bottle of vintage wine that you have been saving all those years. Cheers to your retirement.
13) If all these years of hard work seemed cumbersome, your retirement seems like a sign of good things to come. Congratulations on your retirement.
14) To our dear colleague, we are all going to miss you tons and tons - along with your lame jokes, sarcasm and puns. Congratulations.
15) Retirement is not just the time to take care of grand kids, it is the time to make some of life's most adventurous bids. Happy retirement.
16) Retirement may signal the end of your career, but it marks the beginning of the best period of your life. Congratulations on your retirement.
17) After working for so many years you deserve to rest, throw all your worries in a bin and enjoy life's best. Wish you a happy retirement.
18) As you retire with pride after saving lot of money, I am sure you will look forward to spending more time with your honey. Congratulations.
19) I wish you I could retire like you to just sit and stare, sip slowly on a coffee while I put my feet up in the air. Wish you a happy and relaxing retirement.
20) Retiring is a reason to welcome and celebrate, the best time of your life for which you had to wait. Congratulations.
21) We are going to miss everything about you, your infectious laughter and your homemade cakes too. Happy retirement.
22) Retirement is the best time to take your long pending holiday, book a one way ticket not knowing how long you will stay. Congratulations.
23) Treat your retirement as life's best celebration, and a never ending vacation. Happy retirement.
24) You will realize that you have retired when you don't feel guilty about for being in the shower for more than five minutes. Congratulations.
25) Your retirement is a pivotal point in your life when you stop working and start living.
More by this Author
Are you going to wish your girlfriend happy birthday with a cheesy off-the-shelf card? Instead, make her fall for you all over again by writing a romantic birthday wish straight from the heart.
Read a collection of original farewell messages for colleagues, bosses, and employees that you can incorporate into your own personal message.
Has your boyfriend changed his behavior? This article discusses some of the everyday signs that show that he isn't interested in you or the relationship any longer.