I Know I will Love Again: Getting Over A Break-up, Heartbreak Poems and Heartbreak Quotes
Getting Over A Break-Up and Finding Love Again
Relationship break-ups are so hard to get over. They come laden with so much pain, self-loathing, guilt and numerous other negative emotions. Initially we are convinced that we will never get over the break-up and that we will never find love again. While it may be hard to believe right now that simply is not true. You can and you will get over the break-up as long as you take the necessary steps to heal and recover. And yes you will also love again. Getting over a break-up and loving again requires positive actions on your part and this article gives you 10 ways to get over a break-up, an inspirational heartbreak poem to help you survive a break-up, and links to heartbreak quotes. I hope that this article will help you in healing your broken heart and starting the journey back to love again.
10 Ways to Get Over A Break-up and Find Love Again
While these break-up remedies may be hard to swallow or do, they are necessary if you are having a problem getting over your ex. So hard as they are do your best to implement them and get your family and friends to help you and support you.
1. Cut off ALL contact with your ex until you are completely over them. Get rid of all contact information you have for your ex. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, Facebook and Twitter profiles etc. Get one of your friends to support you in not contacting your ex. Every time you are tempted to call your ex, call your friend/support buddy instead. Also change your contact information if your ex keeps communicating with you.
2. Get rid of all reminders of your ex. This includes gifts, photographs, mementos and anything that may remind you of your ex. You can donate gifts to charity, or throw things away or if you can’t bring yourself to do that then put everything in a trunk and ask a friend or family member to store it for you until you are completely over your ex.
3. Stop thinking and talking about your ex and your former relationship. I know this is easier said than done but after the initial phase when you have told all your friends your sob story make a commitment and effort to no longer talk about it. And under no circumstance should you regale new love interests with stories about your ex. Get your friends to stop you or interrupt you when you start talking about your ex. Also request family members and friends not to talk about him/her. When you find yourself brooding and thinking about your ex find something else to do.
4. Stop going to your old hang-out spots or places you and your ex used to go together. Do not stalk your ex, don’t drive by their house or their gym or places where they like to hang out. Find new places to go to and hard as it may be avoid running into your ex which is best done by avoiding their hang-out spots. Move if you have to.
5. Make a list of all the bad qualities that your ex has and the undesirable relationship qualities they have. Every time you start thinking positive thoughts of your ex and thinking about what a great relationship you had and how perfect he was for you, pull out your “Bad List” and read over it. You will soon see how wrong he was for you and you will be thanking your lucky stars that he/she is gone ;-)
6. Break-ups dent your self-esteem and make you feel rotten about yourself so you must start taking measures to feel good about yourself. First and foremost, STOP BLAMING YOURSELF for the break-up. There is nothing wrong with you. Some relationships are meant forever and others aren’t so let it be. Accept the break-up without apportioning blame to yourself or your ex.
7. Use positive affirmations to regain your self-confidence after a break-up. Say things like, “I am beautiful inside and out and deserving of love.” Or any other positive affirmation that comes to mind. Also write a list of all the good qualities about yourself, carry it around and look at it whenever you are feeling down. If you are having trouble developing a list of your good qualities ask your friends and family to help.
8. Pamper yourself and take care of yourself. Maybe you were used to your mate pampering you and that is one of the things you miss. So treat yourself. Take yourself out to the spa. Take yourself and some buddies out to dinner. Buy yourself things you like. If your ex never spoilt you now is the time to spoil yourself. However, do it all within your budget and don’t overcompensate by spending money you do not have. The idea is to spoil yourself and this does not have to cost a lot of money. It mostly entails setting time aside to do something you love or do something good for yourself. Exercise and eat right and don’t let yourself go just because your ex has gone :-).
9. Stay busy and find new hobbies or re-kindle old ones. You know the old saying: “an idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” So stay busy with positive activities.
10. Lastly open your heart and mind to a new love. By the time you get to step 9 you should be in a more positive frame of mind and on your path to healing. Once you have healed it is time to find love again. (Most of us seek love in the midst of healing or as part of healing, not a good idea it rarely ever works). Start off by writing a list of all the qualities you seek in your perfect mate. Write down what your perfect relationship would be. Then visualize or create an image of you in your ideal relationship with your ideal mate. Sometimes it helps to actually get a photograph of a person who looks like your perfect mate and use this for your visualization exercises. Aside from visualizing you must also open your heart and mind to the prospect of finding a new love and the love that is best for you.
All the best in your journey to finding love again.
Books About How to Find Love and Your Soulmate
I Know I Will Love Again: An Inspirational Heartbreak Poem by Injete Chesoni
When you left me
My heart shattered into a million little pieces,
My life crumbled under your feet.
As you walked out that door,
You took my soul with you,
Onto that old cobbled street.
At first I could not accept it,
There was no way that you were gone.
I played this song over and over,
Tomorrow he will come back home.
And tomorrow turned into a million yesterdays,
As my life slowly wilted away.
I became a drooping flower,
Thirsting every day.
But still I could find no water,
For my source it was only one.
And it dried up forever for me,
when your love became undone.
I thought I would die without you,
And I slowly counted the days,
When I would meet my savior,
In a loveless haze.
But the days turned into years,
And still I was on this earth,
Nobody came to save me,
From my loveless hearth.
Then one day I finally realized,
That you were never coming back again.
And as long as I kept hoping for you,
My heart would be in pain.
A broken heart shattered in pieces,
Can never love again.
So I opened up my door,
And I stepped gingerly onto that old street.
Walking down that path to love
So scary and yet oh so sweet.
I Know I Will Love Again: An Inspirational Love Poem
From Break-up Poems by Injete Chesoni
10 Heartbreak Quotes and Love Quotes
1. You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it. - Anonymous
2. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing. - Anais Nin
3. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. - Kahlil Gibran
4. I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. - Margaret Mitchell
5. An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception. - Harold Loukes
6. Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. - Neil Gaiman
7. The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love. - W. Somerset Maugham
8. If you love someone, let them go. If they return to you, it was meant to be. If they don't, their love was never yours to begin with. - Anonymous
9. The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. - G. K. Chesterton
10. Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go. - Hermann Hesse
Links for Heartbreak Quotes, Break Up Poems and Heartbreak Poems
- Heartbreak Quotes and Verses from Heartbreak Poems and Songs
Heartbreak quotes, short verse from heartbreak song, short verse from Charlotte Bronte's, "Parting."
- Parting, Poem by Charlotte Bronte
"There's no use in weeping,Though we are condemned to part: There's such a thing as keeping, A remembrance in one's heart..."
- Healing Rain: A Sad Break-up Love Poem and Sad Love Quotes
A collection of sad love quotes and a break-up poem.
More by this Author
As mere mortals we are extremely uncomfortable with death. The thought of our own mortality terrifies us. However, much as we try to hide from death its presence constantly overshadows us. Lately we have been bombarded...
Love Poems and Quotes.
This is a compilation of African quotes on a variety of topics including wisdom quotes, leadership quotes, friendship quotes, family quotes, spiritual quotes, peace quotes and love quotes. African mask pictures...