How to Be a Good Conversationalist
An Art by Itself
Being a good Conversationalist is an art by itself. A good conversationalist is a good listener. A good conversationalist is not to dominate the conversation with little or no regard to the opinions of your listeners.
A Good Listener
A good conversationalist is a good listener. A good listener must hear what others say. To be a good listener, then you should observe the following:
Caustic About Their Contributions?
Have a Sincere and Genuine Smile
By being a good listener, then by extension, you become a good conversationalist. Always be friendly and do not be critical of others or caustic about their contributions and neither should you show it by your expressions. If you do, you won't have many listeners to talk to. Be positive in your approach to others. And in as much as you may want to be a good conversationalist, it will not be perfect without your sincere and genuine smile. You smile will improve your face value.
Be a Good Conversationalist
1. Do not be a mind reader as you will hear very little as you think what the other person is thinking or feeling.
2. Avoid trying to identify everything you hear to your experience. Chances are that you will not hear what is being said.
3. Try not to derail by changing the subject too quickly. This is a sure sign that you are not interested in what others have to say.
4. Do not drift off during the conversation as this may lead you into asking for a repeat or what did you say.
5. Avoid mental tryouts for what you will say next. Any mental rehearsal will just tune out the speaker.
6. When you get sidetracked assessing the speaker, you are sure to miss the message.
7. Try not to do selective listening. Selective listening is filtering out the conversation and hearing only what you want to hear.
8. Do not be a sparer. Yes, you have heard what has been said but for reasons best known to you, you quickly belittle it or discount it.
9. Do not agree with everything you hear just to be good or to avoid conflict. You won't be a good listener just by agreeing for the sake of agreeing.
10. Listen keenly and be genuinely interested in the other person. Take genuine interest in what is going on and what is being talked about.
Do Not Be Critical Of Others
That's it. By being a good listener, then by extension, you become a good conversationalist. Always be friendly and do not be critical of others or caustic about their contributions and neither should you show it by your expressions. If you do, you won't have many listeners to talk to. Be positive in your approach to others. And in as much as you may want to be a good conversationalist, it will not be perfect without your sincere and genuine smile. You smile will improve your face value.
The hubber's website is designed to help beginners and average readers make money online to supplement the few dollars they may be earning from their Google Adsense - details of which you can find in my profile here, if you will.
- Women Do Not Fall In Love As Easily As Men
- Cuteness in Young Girls
- What to Expect of Your Body after Giving Birth to Your Baby
- Were Women Born To Suffer At The Altar Of Men?
- Free Guide on How to Choose the Gender of Your Baby
- Free Horoscope: The Power of Your Daily Life through Your Stars
- Love Letters to Your Sweetheart
- What You Should Never Tell Your Man
- Women Stimulation is a Day-Long Process
- Never Use Sarcasm in Conversing With Your Spouse
- Why it’s Difficulty for Men to Maintain Monogamous Passion - They Easily Succumb to Infidelity
- Do It Yourself Home Improvement Tips
- The Six Styles of Expressing Your Love
- Handling Money after Wedding
- How to Tell If Your Personal Finance is Headed For a Financial Mess
More by this Author
- 21Why Do People Manipulate Others - Women Manipulation Tactics on Men - and How to Avoid Manipulative People
Each one of us, men and women, is manipulative in one way or the other. You may not manipulate your friends and relatives but you may be manipulating your employer or the search engine called Google. What’s...
The following two questions were asked to online community here: 1) Are sociopaths born with sociopathic behavior or are created? 2) How should a man recognize that he has fallen in love with a lady who...
Here below are the steps on how to build a greenhouse with PVC. The choice of PVC piping material as used in electrical conduits and water pipes is specifically targeted to low income people in developing countries...