Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Breaking Up Quotes and Sayings
- The hottest love has the coldest end. - Socretes
- You know it's love when all you want for the person is to be happy, even if you aren't a part of their happiness. - Author Unknown
- I don't know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too. - Missy Altjid
- 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never loved at all. - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Now that I have loved so purely and deeply, I have realized how lonely I really am. - Anonymous
- Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same. - Flavia Weedn
- Relationships are like glass. Sometimes its better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together. - Unknown
- When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal. - Author Unknown
- If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours, if they don't they never were. - Richard Bach
- Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable. - Wizard of OZ
- Ask me why I keep on loving you when its clear you don't feel the same way for me...the problem is as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you. - Author Unknown
- I looked in the mirror this morning, but I only saw me without you. - Tigress Luv
- Love is like a puzzle. When you're in love, all the pieces fit but when it gets broken, ti takes awhile to get everything back together again. - Author Unknown
- The loss of love is not nearly as painful as our resistance to accepting it is. - Tigress Luv
- I don't know what to do now that we are apart; I don't know how to live without the other half of my heart. - Anonymous
- If we must part forever, give me but one kind word to think upon, and please myself with, while my heart is breaking. Thomas Otway
- Our relationship is over, but there were more smiles than tears so it was worth it. - Author Unknown
- Take a second to think about this: in you life you search and search for the right person for you. Every time you break up with someone, you get one step closer to that person. You should look at moving on as getting one step closer to the one. - Ian Philpot
- Trust me, no past love is as wonderful as a broken heart may make them out to be. - Tigress Luv
- You don't die from a broken heart - you only wish you did. - Anonymous
- I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken and I'd rather remember it as it was at it's best than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived. - Margaret Mitchell
- There's this place in me where you fingerprints still rest...your kisses still linger and your whispers softly echo...its the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me. - Anonymous
- Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to him. - Unknown
- Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. - Kahlil Gibran
- I miss you a little, I guess you could say, a little too much, a little too often, and a little more each day. - Anonymous
- As soon as forever is through, I'll be over you. - Toto
- There is nothing sadder in this life than to watch someone walk away after they have left you. To watch the distance between your two bodies expand until there is nothing left but empty space... and silence. - Anonymous
- I don't miss him, I miss whoever I thought he was. - Author Unknown
- Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear. - Author Unknown
Funny Break Up Quotes
- Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. - Charlie Brown
- If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. - Author Unknown
- He's just another picture to burn. - Taylor Swift
- My knight in shining armour turned out to be a loser in aluminum foil. - Author Unknown
- He said he would love me forever. Forever ended quick. - Author Unknown
- I've had heartaches, headaches, toothaches, earaches, and I've had a few pains in the ass; but I've survived to tell about it. - Dolly Parton
- Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew. - Author Unknown
- All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else. - Mae West
- Behind every beautiful girl there's a dumbass guy who did her wrong and made her strong. -Author Unknown
- I love to shop after a bad relationship...Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I'll break up with someone on purpose. - Rita Rudner
- I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was "You'll never find someone like me again!" I'm thinking, "I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you?" - Author Unknown
- You were never worth my mascara running. - Author Unknown
- I wish I saved all the tears I cried for you so I could drown you in them. - Author Unknown
- I still miss my ex - but my aim is getting better. - Author Unknown
- Sometimes the thing you want the most - you're better off without. - Author Unknown
- The only thing you brought me was pain. I thought I loved you - I must have been insane. - Author Unknown
- I ran into my ex the other day, so I put it into reverse and ran over him again. - Author Unknown
- Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
- I'm so miserable without you it's almost as though you are here. - Author Unknown
How to Break Up Gently Yet Firmly
- Don't let your relationship die out on it's own. Break up as soon as you decide that for you it's over.
- Keep it simple. Don't go into long drawn out explanations. Chances are they won't hear them anyway, they will be too stunned about breaking up.
- Keep it shot. Get right to the point
- Always breakup in person. There's nothing worst than someone breaking up on the phone, email, or texting.
- Don't leave the person with the hope of maybe you will come back. Make it a clean break.
- Try to answer why in short concise explanations.
- If it helps them you can blame yourself. However you breakup it is going to hurt both of you. Be compassionate.
How To Deal With Being Dumped
- Remain calm
- Go ahead and have a good cry
- Get rid of everything that reminds you of your ex
- Avoid coming in contact with your ex. If you know he is going to be someplace, don't go there.
- Surround yourself with your friends and family.
- Get out there and date. However, do it to have fun not to jump right back into a relationship
- Love yourself
- Give it time
What Not To Do When Dumped
- Don't be hard on yourself. It takes two to make a couple.
- Don't hold out hope for a reconciliation. Look at the breakup as being final. If it isn't all the better.
- Don't beg or act desperate. "What am I going to do without you?"
- Don't let your life stop. Keep yourself busy.
- Don't keep yourself surrounded by all of his things and memories. In other words, don't fall asleep staring at his picture and wearing his t-shirt.
- Sit yourself down and make up a list of the things you didn't like about him.
- Don't isolate yourself. Get out take a class, join a group.
- Don't dwell on or over-analyze your relationship. It won't do you any good and will only depress you.
- Don't stalk him or phone or text him or his friends. Just leave it alone.
- Don't expect miracles. Don't expect him to come back.
- Top 10 Break Up Reasons or Reasons for Divorce
Following are the top 10 break up reasons or reasons for divorce, in a relationship.
- How To Get Over a Break Up With Your Boyfriend or Gi...
Virtually every woman in the world is going to go through a break-up at some point in her lifetime. I won't sugar coat it; breaking up is incredibly tough, but it isn't impossible to heal and move on.
- Breaking Up so Never Easy
Breaking up can be tricky, hurtful and downright confusing, but if you feel it is time to let go and need a little nudge this can be the perfect way to understand how...
- Top 25 Break Up Songs
Most people will break up with someone at some point during their lives. These things are usually suckiest when you're the dumpee, but it can be a miserable time for the dumper as well, particularly if they're not very good at communicating. So,...
- Relationships Ending: The Five Stages of Grief After...
Anyone who has experienced the death of a loved one and who has dealt with the pain of that experience by seeing a counselor or working through self-help workbooks will tell you that there are five stages of...
More by this Author
Throughout history brothers and sisters have been friends, enemies, and loving family members. Find quotes here to show how much you care about your sibling.
Do you have trust issues? You might if you have every been in a relationship. At one time or another everyone has had a issue with trust with either a friend or loved one.
Every color has it's own special meaning. Have you ever wondered what makes a hospital paint their walls a cool green? Read and find out.