How to Love Other People
Is there a
person in your life who you find difficult to love or be nice to? Or do
you simply believe that the greatest thing in the world is Love, and
that Love conquers all?
Do you need a reminder how to love people?
1. See the person as God sees them. Loved, special, unique, worthwhile & valuable. It will be much easier and worthwhile for you to love that person when you get into the habit of viewing them as God does.
2. Do good things for them; be nice to them. Go that extra mile to be
respectful, courteous, and nice. People really appreciate kindness and
can tell when someone is sacrificing something for them. Your acts of
kindness will mean that much more to them.
Even if you are not at odds with someone, being nice to people in general makes them happy, which causes them to have happy feelings. Those happy feelings cause them to view you in a positive, better way. So when you treat them as you would like to be treated, they feel inclined to return the favor.
3. Now that we're on that subject: treat others as you would want to be
treated. This is not just for people of faith; this is a rule that all
people should live by. The "eye for an eye" rule got overturned by God
in the New Testament of the Bible, and a new law took its place. Jesus
said to "Love God, and love other people." He sums up all the strict
Old Testament laws up into 1 sentence: Love God, and love other people.
This is the way to God's heart, and to everyone else's.
4. Still need help feeling those waves of love in your heart? Don't worry;
love is true only when it goes beyond words and is acted upon. Love
felt is merely wasted words; love acted upon is true and lasting love.
So do something about it!
You don't need to "feel" loving to do loving things for people. Those feelings will grow later. Start doing nice, loving things for other people, and your heart and spirits will soar, as will theirs. It's a win-win-win situation that will please you, the other person, and God!
Also, ask God for help and wisdom. He will help you learn how to love people as they need and will help you develop a healthy habit of loving others. It is a lifestyle; a habit. Think how the world
would change if we would all put each other above ourselves! What a day
that would be.
- These tips do not have to be for when you're mad or fighting with someone, or when you've got that co-worker who thinks she's better than you and you can't stand each other. These tips are for everyone in your life, including your spouse and children. Sometimes it's easy to focus on everyone else in our lives, but overlook those closest to us. Start loving them first.
- You don't have to be a person of faith to understand or apply this concept.
More by this Author
Here are some healthy food I always make sure to eat each week for a healthy & active lifestyle. I will describe what I eat, with an explanation as to the health benefits of each. 1. Red wine: 1 glass a day for...
As a recreational runner, I have been running since early high school. I would run for a couple of weeks, usually no more than a couple miles each time. I would do some simple stretches before running, and...
I have been joyfully married for almost 7.5 years now, to the man of my dreams. My husband, Eric, truly is the "perfect match" for me. We have so many things in common: we share similar dreams for our lives,...