Body Language that suggest they are lying to you
Body Language and Gestures Matter
More Hubs By HC Porter
- Look me in the eyes before you tell me what you see
Look me in the eyes, Before you tell me what you see. Can you see my memories, And the times I’ve been made to bleed? Can you hear the hurt, I have buried deep inside? A...
- Personalities at work and in life- Advice from a Pra...
I’ve heard people say, time and time again that; ‘Being nice will get you nowhere fast’, and ‘Nice guys finish last’. How sad it is, when being nice to others will cause a person to be hurt or taken advantage of, far more often than...
- Body Language at work or during an interview
Body Language at work or when you interview is very important. Learn the difference between men and woman when it comes to Body Language.
Eye Movement and Body Language can tell you what you need to know
Not all relationships last forever. People grow apart, spouses cheat, and love ends. Unfortunately, cheating and lying does not only effect the cheater, it effects the spouse, who is often left bewildered, feeling betrayed, hurt, angry, sad, foolish and perhaps as if they were not good enough to maintain their spouses commitment to the relationship. If a spouse is cheating, they are lying to you as well. Don’t be blindsided by their manipulation and lies, be aware of the things that people do when they are lying to you, so if nothing else you can prepare yourself.
If someone is lying to you they may give you all the answers to your questions with their body language, rather than their words. Some body language signs that someone is lying are;
- Scratching or itching their nose-and the other body language that people show when they are lying is known as The Pinocchio Syndrome- If you are speaking to someone and they don’t have something hanging from their nostril, but continue to scratch and touch their nose, listen to what they are saying as well as pay attention to some of the other body language mannerisms they display, they may not be speaking the truth.
- Covering of mouth or chin- When children lie, they will throw their hands up, and in front of their faces. When an adult lies they revert back to this childlike mannerism by partially covering their face with a hand or rubbing their mouth and chin area, as if they are attempting to hide behind the lies.
- When you are speaking to someone and ask them a question, watch their eyes. If they widen their eyes (as if they were asking, what-you don’t believe me?), this is a classic mannerisms of a liar.
- Excessive blinking has also been a known characteristic of someone whom is lying to you. More recent research suggests that absence of blinking all together can also mean that the person speaking is being less than honest. Complete absence of blinking is now believed a more liable characteristic, more so that excessive blinking
- If they are looking you in the eyes while the two of you are engaged in the conversation, and the point when he/she is finally answering your question about where they went after work, and he/she breaks the eye contact while speaking-this is a telltale sign, that you should proceed with caution.
- Another eye, give away is when someone is speaking to you and they are remembering a situation and are simply attempting to say it correctly, they may look up to the left. Looking up to the left signifies that they are recalling an event, on the same token, if they are looking up to the right, this may signify that they are looking up to imagination and are creating the lie they will tell. This goes hand in hand with how our brains work, and what left and right sides of your brain are responsible for.
- They stop moving. If all movement stops when someone is answering you, they may be lying. People stop moving when lying because they are focusing on the lie and how to tell it so that it is believed, with this focus they may become very still.
- Someone may be a liar if they commit allot of detail to an explanation to answer a question. For example, you may ask so what did you have for lunch. A normal response would probably be Turkey Sandwich from the Deli. A response with too much explanation may be, “Ron and I went to the Deli, spent 25minutes sitting in traffic, then when I ordered the girl gave me a Med cup rather than a Large and they forgot Ron’s mayo. It was horrible.” If you notice, the second response did not even give an answer to the question asked. This often happens. If you think about how you answer a question, it is usually a response that flows by first giving an answer and then highlight. When a person is making an excuse, they may begin a sentence with a sigh, or by saying something like, "Well you see, or, I was going to but..." Excuses may be valid or lies, may attention to their body movement.
- Someone may be lying to you, if when you question them-they do not answer you, they become defensive and turn the questions around on you. People do not like to admit they have made a mistake, and to conserve or protect themselves and their lies, they would rather blame and redirect issues on someone other than themselves. This is why a cheater almost always accuses the spouse of cheating.
- Sweating is also a sign that someone is being untruthful. If you begin your conversation they are cool and dry, and the temp outside is 70, but when you ask them a question that puts them in the spot, and they begin to speak a lie, blood pressure may(usually will) rise when someone is lying, sometimes to the extent that they begin to perspire.
These are just a few things that anyone should watch out for if they are concerned that someone is not as straight forward and honest as they attempt to convince you of... If you are the liar; Truth is always better; I would rather get in trouble for saying the truth than for telling a lie. At least if you are truthful, you can keep some level of trust and belief. Once caught in a lie-everything you have ever said or will ever say will be view differently.
Options from Amazon
More by this Author
Why do women sway their hips? Why do some women sway more than others? Questions are now answered, all you ever wanted to know about the woman's assets known as her butt and hips. By H.C Porter
I was recently reviewed by the director of a long lived beauty school, to be hired on as an instructor. During phone conversations she explained that the curriculum consists of; self confidence boosting...
Everyone has heard the saying, Men are Dogs. But have you ever really considered the similarities between Men and Dogs, I have...