How to make a diaper cake
What IS a diaper cake?
That's what I wanted to know.
Turns out it can be a centerpiece for baby showers. Yes, it's an actual tiered "cake", but people don't really eat it (thank goodness). It also doubles as a nice gift for a new baby.
Here's what you need to make one:
- ~50 medium disposable diapers, depending on how big they are and the brand
- A large party platter (about 16" in diameter)
- ~70 feet of narrow ribbon (less than 1" wide)
- ~8 feet of 1" wide ribbon for finishing the tiers
- One tall baby bottle
- Bite-size candies
- Various baby items such as pacifiers, teething rings, combs, brushes, rattles, bibs
Step 1 - Set up the diapers
- Cut 48 one-foot pieces of the narrow ribbon.
- Roll each diaper from the fold outwards, with the print showing on the outside.
- Tie each rolled diaper with a piece of the narrow ribbon.
Step 2 - Assemble the tiers
- Fill the baby bottle with the small pieces of candy.
- Wrap 5-6 diapers tightly around the bottle with a piece of narrow ribbon. This is the first tier of the "cake".
- For the second tier, use about 15 diapers, and tie them together with a piece of narrow ribbon.
- For the third and largest tier (to go on the bottom), tie about 27 diapers together by first creating an inner circle of diapers, and then wrapping the rest of the diapers around this circle, and tying the outside circle together.
Step 3 - Finish the cake!
- Place the third tier on the platter, using just enough tape to attach the underside of the tier to the platter.
- Place the second tier on top of the base, again attaching it to the lower tier with tape.
- Attach the top tier to the second with tape.
- Stick the various baby items inside the ribbon and make sure they don't fall out.
- Secure the cake by wrapping the one-inch ribbon around each tier.
Congratulations! You have finished creating a pretty yet practical gift for a baby shower!
- How to Make a Diaper Cake | eHow
How to Make a Diaper Cake. A diaper cake, made up of several individually rolled diapers arranged in the shape of a cake, is an ideal baby shower gift. Aside from being cute and delightful, it is also a useful gift since everything used to make a dia
- Baby Diaper Cakes | Baby Shower Diapers Cake | Boy Diaper Cake | Girl Diaper Cakes
- How to make a diaper cake
- How to Make a Diaper Cake -- Without the Chocolate Filling
More by this Author
How much should an engagement ring cost? One rule states that it should cost two months worth of wages. In reality, a couple should work together to decide how much an engagement ring should cost. Learn about a few...
There was nothing I was more excited about than a wedding. When my ex told me that he thought we should break up, I was shocked and devastated. However, I saw that there were a lot of opportunities that I could now take...
In college, I became anorexic and am thankful to have overcome that condition. Learn more about my experience so that you can learn from my mistakes.