Is my girlfriend cheating on me? Signs of a cheating girlfriend
Is my girlfriend cheating on me? Is it a sign of cheating if she becomes friends with her ex-boyfriend? Is my suspicion about my girlfriend's relationship with her best friend justified? How can I find out if she is chatting with other guys online on Facebook or by text messages? I think she is dating someone else, how do I confirm my doubts? Her cell phone is always switched off, is she lying to me? Read this post and look for proof before you confront your girlfriend.
Note: Don't take just one of these signs as a confirmation that your girlfriend is seeing someone behind your back. Watch out for consistent and noticeable behavioral patterns before you start investigating. Gather proof before you confront your girlfriend with these serious accusations.
1) She suddenly becomes possessive about her cell phone: Puts a lock on her smartphone
Your girlfriend has the right to be slightly angry if you keep going through her inbox every single day and keep checking her call records. But there is really no reason for her to stop you from going through her cell phone even once.
If your girlfriend has an iPhone or any other smartphone, she is likely to be using it to call, send text messages, use other messaging apps like WhatsApp and access email. If your girlfriend is cheating on you, her cell phone will hold the key to all her deceiving ways and it is the first thing that she will try to hide from you. Look at such behavior as a clear indication of malicious behavior.
2) Physical intimacy between you and your girlfriend becomes emotionless
Have you noticed that your girlfriend's body language has become completely emotionless when you get physically intimate with her no matter how romantic a boyfriend you try to be? A lack of emotion and expression during physical intimacy speaks volumes about how a girl feels about her relationship.
Ask your girlfriend if something is going on in her mind. Be direct and tell her how you have noticed her emotionless body language when you get intimate. Her answers should be enough for you to decide whether there is reason to be doubtful or not.
3) Your girlfriend suddenly has a new best friend who is a guy
Does your girlfriend suddenly have a new best friend who is a guy? There may be a cause of suspicion if your girlfriend keeps referring to a guy as one of her best friend, and you have never heard his name before.
Don't become suspicious instantly. Have an honest chat with your girlfriend and ask her some of these questions.
- Since how long have you known him?
- Do you share everything with him?
- How much time do you spend together with him?
Let your girlfriend know upfront that the motive behind your frank conversation is not to be an overly possessive boyfriend. Request her sweetly and if she has nothing to hide, she will do all it takes to remove the silly doubt from your head.
4) Her cell phone increasingly remains switched off or unavailable
Cell phones being unavailable or switched off frequently is generally considered to be a cause of suspicion. Here are some of the typical excuses that are often made when cheaters deliberately switch off their cell phones to avoid being caught.
- I forgot to charge my cell phone
- My cell phone is behaving strangely, I need to get it repaired
- I had a weak signal and couldn't hear you
- My cell phone was switched on continuously, I wonder why you couldn't get through
Don't jump to conclusions at the very first instance of your girlfriend's cell phone being switched off. If excuses like these become more frequent than they should, there may be more to her behavior than just a broken cell phone.
5) Your girlfriend has suddenly become good friends with her ex-boyfriend
Whether or not she has had a bitter breakup with her ex, there is really no reason for your girlfriend to suddenly be on talking terms with her ex-boyfriend.
If you notice that her ex has started to call her often or that she has started to mingle with him on Facebook and Twitter, be frank about your concerns and ask her on her face.
Be open about how you are not too fond of how she has become good friends with her ex. And if she replies back and says that you are unnecessarily being jealous about her ex, ask her the following questions.
- Why the sudden revival in your connection with your ex?
- Do you have any feelings for him?
- Would you be comfortable if I became good friends with my ex-girlfriend?
6) Your girlfriend has cheated on you before: There are signs of fresh cheating again
Has your girlfriend cheated on you before? Have you already forgiven her once? In such a situation, if you gut feeling is telling you that your girlfriend is cheating again, you could be right.
You have been through the emotional trauma of being betrayed and your trust doesn't deserve to be broken again. Try to find more proof by secretly watching your girlfriend's moves. Confront her with the evidence and let her know how she has broken your heart all over again.
7) Your girlfriend excuses herself when she takes phone calls
Your girlfriend could be cheating on you if she always excuses herself and sneaks out to take phone calls when she is with you. Under normal circumstances, she has no reason to excuse herself to take a call when she is with you.
Watch out for this typical sign of cheating and if your gut tells you that something is wrong, try to overhear her conversation before you confront her.
8) Your girlfriend suddenly starts forgetting important things about your life
The fact that your girlfriend has suddenly begun to forget important things about your life can be a sign that she is just not bothered about you anymore. Look out for tell-tale signs which include forgetting your birthday, relationship anniversary, important event in your life, etc.
Forgetting one single important date by itself is not alarming. But if this happens on a regular basis, she could have just lost interest in you because her mind is elsewhere. For example
- She forgot to wish you good luck for an important exam
- Then she forgot to wish you on your birthday
- After which she forgot all about your latest job interview
- Then she forgot your relationship anniversary, which she always remembers
9) She doesn't talk to you when she is out with her friends
What happens when you call your girlfriend when she is out with her friends? Does she spare a couple of minutes to have a conversation with you or does she hastily put down the phone at the pretext of doing something important?
It is understandable if she does this a couple of times but if this becomes a regular habit, you should try to ask her why she is always in a hurry to put down the phone when she is with her friends. The lack of any definitive answer could be taken as a sign of cheating.
10) She keeps confirming your schedule all the time
Puppy love often compels girlfriends and boyfriends to keep nagging each other and be posted on each others' whereabouts. But if your girlfriend is taking this habit of hers to a whole new level, she could either be a bit too possessive about you or she wants to know exactly where you will be all the time.
Knowing your schedule and constantly being aware of your whereabouts may be her way of confirming that she doesn't bump into you when she heads out with the guy she is dating behind your back.
11) She constantly finds faults with you and blames you for everything
There is a fine line between genuine unhappiness in a relationship and a manipulative effort to bring a relationship to crumbling end. You will have to look out for some of these tell-tale signs of deliberate and manipulative cranky behavior.
- Does your girlfriend constantly find faults with you, even when you are not wrong?
- Does she always keep telling you how unhappy she is in the relationship?
- Does her mood take a dramatic swing from happy to grumpy when she sees you?
Such behavior may be your girlfriend's attempt to make you feel that your relationship is hitting a dead end. She may want you to break up with her because she does not want to dump you herself.
12) Your girlfriend's best friend since childhood is a guy who has never had a girlfriend
Everyone has a best friend, who can be a guy or a girl. But if your girlfriend is the best of mushy mushy pals with a guy who has never had a girlfriend, there could be more to their friendship than what meets the eye. Below are some of the possibilities in this situation.
- They are genuinely best friends, and nothing more
- He has always had a crush on her but he is stuck in the friend zone
- They had a fling in the past, but they are friends right now
- They are friends with benefits
- Their relationship was a genuine friendship but your girlfriend has now succumbed to falling in love with a best friend
You must assess this situation and connect the dots with other signs of cheating which may be apparent from your girlfriend's behavior before you start making accusations.
13) She prefers to send you text messages instead of calling you
It is impractical to expect your girlfriend to call you with the same eagerness that she did when you asked her out. But regardless of how many months or years have gone by in your relationship, both of you should still look forward to speaking to each other on the phone.
If your girlfriend is slowly tapering away from having conversations with you and prefers to connect by text messages, it may be a sign of either one or more of the below.
- She is unhappy with the relationship
- She is not interested in you any more
- She is cheating on you behind your back
14) Your girlfriend starts to dislike surprise visits from you
A girl will normal love it if her guy delights her with a surprise visit, whether it is at home, class or work. After all, which girl wouldn't want her guy to show her how he just can't resist staying away from her.
Maybe there is a logical explanation about why she didn't like it when you surprised her during an important meeting at work. But if she has an overall dislike about getting surprises from you, it can be a sign that she is cheating on you and doesn't want you to walk in on her.
15) She stops responding to your cute posts on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
If your girlfriend is cheating you on, she will inadvertently stop responding to a lot of the cute things you say to her on social media. She will get unnecessarily get grumpy when you tag her in a mushy tweet or openly express your love for her on Facebook.
This is because she doesn't the other guy to look at your interaction. Moreover, her guilt over cheating on you will stop her from putting up this fake interaction in front of all your friends.
16) Your gut feeling tells you that she is cheating: Investigate your suspicion
Some of life's best decisions are made when the gut feeling or the basic instincts are trusted. If your gut feeling is telling you that your girlfriend is cheating on you, don't dismiss it as a simple flare-up of jealousy or possessiveness.
Gut feelings are often based on common sense. Your heart will refuse to believe common sense and you will try to reassure yourself that all the signs of cheating are just an illusion. You must become mentally strong and come out of this emotional cocoon. Look for fact and behavioral patterns to establish a strong suspicion before you finally confront her.
More by this Author
How to hug a girl? For a guy who is shy or a complete introvert, the thought of hugging a girl can make him nervous. Even the most casual forms of physical intimacy can become awkward for someone who is not too...
Over time, women realize that some of the most charming men they've met are in some ways, very shy. Women like to date shy guys because they allow the ladies to take control in aspects that are not worth being too manly...
Has your boyfriend changed his behavior? This article discusses some of the everyday signs that show that he isn't interested in you or the relationship any longer.