Laughter Warms the Heart
He makes me laugh...that counts for a lot!
My husband and I are no different from most couples, in that we have our share of arguments and bad days. But, for the most part, life is good in our cozy little neck of the woods. What I do have, that makes all of the difference in the world, is a husband with an exceptionally great sense of humor.
I sat down yesterday and started gathering some of my favorite “Facebook” posts, and journal entries, of the things that he’s said to me, or done, in the past year. I got a really good laugh out of these, hopefully you will too…
- Discussing his mom's dementia today and I tell him that it has to be really frustrating for her. He asks "Well how so...she can't remember a thing?" So I ask him "Don't you ever walk into a room with one sole purpose, then stand there scratching your head wondering why you ever stepped foot in the room to begin with?" Without a beat, he smiles and says "Yup, every time I go in the bedroom!"
- We just took a ride over to the lumber yard to get a truckload of pine. We were in the middle of a torrential downpour by the time we got there. I had planned on helping him, but it was raining too hard so I stayed in the truck. Got a little bored so I curled up against the window, grabbed his I Phone, and began to check on my "Facebook" world. As I was scrolling through the posts, I could see a tag that a "Facebook" friend had received of a very buff, and almost, naked man. I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard the loud banging on the window. I turn around (a little annoyed at having been scared half to death) only to find Larry standing there, soaked to the bone, rain just pouring off of his face, and his hands up in the air as he hollers "Great, and you're in there staring at naked men?" Then, while shaking his head, he returned to loading lumber.
- Larry did some planting today! He walked by me (on his way into the mancave) immersed in bug bites. He glanced over at me and said (with no expression at all on his face) "I gave blood today!"
- He's sitting at his computer checking out "Facebook" (for the first time) and says "What the hell is a poke?" I ask "A what?" "A poke, it’s telling me to poke people…why?" I tell him "Oh, it's so you can poke people when you feel like it!" He replies "Well why in the hell would I want to poke someone?" As he shuts down his computer, muttering "Stupid Facebook!"
- Larry was venting about his four siblings being completely dysfunctional. I asked “How is it that you are the only one (out of five) that is, seemingly, normal?” He says “It’s simple, we’re not really related, my father cheated!”
My 2011 Valentine's Day Poem:
It's Valentine’s Day
When I'm supposed to say
Would you please be mine
Till the end of time
Not to be a bum
But that sounds really dumb
It's not quite my way
Of making your day
So this poem I did pen
And now I will send
For you are my life
My exceptional wife
Yes, I'll get you a gift
And your spirits it will lift
And when your happiness is displayed
God I hope I get -------
- "A porn star"...is the answer I got when I just asked Larry what he wants to be when he grows up!
- I’m sitting at my kitchen counter, eating breakfast and staring at a package of "Tink's" #69 Doe-in-Rut Buck Lure." Larry's sees me reading the label and says, as a matter-of-factly, "Did you know that you can use that stuff during pre-rut AND rut?" I look up at him with an "Are you kidding me" stare and say “Great, one more useless piece of information stored away in my brain!”
- Woke up this morning (after having been away for a week) to find out that Larry hadn’t slept at all last night. I asked him, very sarcastically, "Why couldn't you sleep? You had the love of your life right by your side again!" His response " I was too giddy...kept pinching myself all night long to make sure it was real!"
- This is too funny…my "He" man is too manly to wear flip flops, so instead he's outside barbecuing in boxer briefs, socks, and sneakers...now that's HOT!!!
- I just told my better half (very excitedly) that my sister was taking me for an airboat ride this week. "Going for a re-charge?" he asked...and I stood there looking at him with a blank stare. Well I guess so huh?
Words can't even describe how much I love this man...the laughter he brings me is just a huge bonus!
More by this Author
This is the story of one man's tragic death due to the horrible disease that is "Alcoholism!"
This is just "my" story of living, confronting, and overcoming a 30 year eating disorder.
Hi, my name is Wendi and I am a recovering alcoholic!