A Wonderland Magical Christmas Wedding
Planning a Magical Christmas Wedding
- This article is designed especially for those wanting to plan a magical holiday affair. The article features many fantastic wedding photographs and terrific wedding blogs. They have been carefully chosen to provide, brides resourceful ideas to use on their big day. Not only are Holiday winter weddings breathtakingly romantic, they are regal and majestic. Whether it is a nice wintery day or not, this article is designed to aid in planning the perfect holiday themed white wedding.
- From Victorian winter traditions to modern sophistication; popular hues for winter weddings include silver, plum, gold, bronze, blue, and of course the classic of red and green. Play on all the holiday elements such as icicles, lighted trees, wreaths, snowman, presents, and snowflakes.
Therefore, if you choose to host the unforgettably romantic, white and silver winter theme, or the classic red and green velvety affair..., look below at the different winter wedding palettes, bridal designs, direct web link options, to aid you on hosting a stellar event for your big day!
Classic Black and Venetian Gold Christmas Styles
Choosing the Dress for The Season
There a few environmental elements one has to consider, when choosing dresses for a winter wonderland themed wedding.
- Freezing cold temperatures - Temperatures below freezing can reek havoc on motor engines, flowers, food, and guest comfort. When hosting a winter wedding in the months of December, January, and February consider using horse drawn carriages and sleighs, evergreen plants in floral arrangements with candles, and plenty of outdoor heat lamps.
- Wintery sleet, ice and snowfall - Snow, ice and sleet have two things in common. They make surfaces extremely slick and dangerous, and when warmed up they become very wet and often sloppy or muddy. Be very considerate of the out of town guest, which you might plan on inviting. Any of the out of town guest who will travel long distances, could potentially have to consider winter-delayed lodging and canceled flight schedules. Pick a wedding/reception location in proximity to one another, preferably walking distance to each other (in case vehicles get stuck or cannot start). Also chose a location with reasonably priced motel/hotel lodgings, which are will equipped for winter weather.
- Overcast skies - Pictures, pictures, pictures! Need I say more...? However, the flip side is that many good photographers love shooting wintery scenes. It is an opportunity for photographers to become inventive and more creative, with back drops and position poses. Make sure to have designated, photography locations already planned out, with warm coco and heat lamps at the ready and close by. I recommend that if the dresses are long to wear winter boots underneath the gowns. Nobody will be able to see them in the picture anyway and if they do stick out, they can be covered up by a blanket of snow. Have gloves, muffs and blankets close by, sitting on a table for people to use in between photo takes. It is a very wise decision to have at least one assistant to aid the bridal couple and wedding party during the outdoor photography shots. This person can help supply extra blankets to those who are standing there freezing, waiting between different photography poses and changes. The assistant can also make sure that everyone looks perfect for the big poses, which are those involving the entire bridal party. Make sure the assistant is someone who does not mind the cold, is able to bundle themselves up without worries of ruffling up their own wedding attire, and as is not part of the bridal party e. g. a bridesmaid boyfriend or distant cousin of the bride or groom.
After you made all the necessary arrangements and considerations for hosting a Christmas wedding, now it is time to select the dresses. Wearing flannel bridesmaid dresses or a bear fur wedding dress- really is not an option, (even though, the weather on the day of the wedding might call for it). Yet, there are many beautiful, very warm and practical dress options to consider. There are a few bridal manufacturers that now offer a thermal cotton and wool bridal gown fabric. Many of the dresses are breathtakingly beautiful and designed so they provide optimum warmth and beauty.
However, traditional winter bridal apparel might still offer the most transitional cold to warm desirable bridal looks. It is very easy to shed different layers of clothing, as the bridal party goes from hot to cold and reversal. Bridal gown jackets and coats are often made of real or faux fur. They supply the warmth needed when outside, and they give a very classic, romantic feel in wedding pictures. Wedding gowns with long sleeves should be a unique choice for a Winterland bride to consider. Not only do they offer additional warmth to the dress, they are often fully detailed. Which is a very appealing aspect for such a formal occasion.
Because of the time of year, a Christmas wedding tends to be a formal event. Matter of fact, traditional winter weddings are usually held in the evening. Since the weddings are held in such a formal time and season, brides need to take it into account when selecting their gown. For the most part, the length of a dress' train has sometimes determined whether or not a dress is considered formal or occasional. As tradition states the longer the train, the more formal the ceremony. Long cathedral length trains though can pose a problem, when taking pictures outdoors. They have a tendency to drag in the snow or ice, which might cause the train to become dirty, wet and worse case, even become torn. Make sure to have the train altered so that it can be bustled and gathered together, and off the ground. It is not an uncommon practice nowadays but, an easy misstep if forgotten to have done. No bride wants her dress to be torn on a piece of ice, or stained with snow melted mud.
Christmas Themed Wedding Invitations Links
- Christmas Wedding - Details, Ideas, and Tips for a Fabulous Christmas Wedding
It's the most wonderful time of the year, your family is gathered around you, and the church is already decorated. It's the perfect time to have a wedding. Here are ideas and tips to have a fantastic Christmas wedding with all the trimmings.
- Luscious Verde Wedding Invitations
This totally Luscious Verde custom wedding invitation comes straight out of our new wedding catalog. It is the perfect example of how Luscious Verde can provide gorgeous and fashionable invitations that don't break the bank.
- Majestic Christmas Wedding Invitations
A great site for choosing the perfect Christmas wedding invitations.
- Color Chart for Wedding Invitations
Here is documentsanddesigns.com company's calligraphy fonts and color chart link.
Additional Magical Christmas Bridal Looks
- Mint Green and Red Christmas Wedding Inspiration
Mint Green and Red Christmas Wedding Inspiration
- Wedding Dresses Adviser, Wedding dress Planner Blog,Helen Wang - Part 49
Shopping for Christmas wedding dresses doesn’t have to be any more stressful than shopping for traditional plus size bridal dresses. Just remember to have fun and be creative, keeping what you love as well as the Christmas season in mind.
- Winter Wedding Favors, Snowflake Wedding Favors, Christmas Weddings
Our winter wedding favors and snowflake favors are the perfect way to spruce up your winter or Christmas wedding décor. Save up to 30% everyday.
More by this Author
Cowgirl ready wedding day theme and styles, guaranteed to give the cowgirl and cowboy in you, the best country western wedding.
Are you a Victorian gear head by chance and looking to plan the ultimate Steampunk wedding? Here's the wedding page for you two! Regal Steam punk wedding theme and ideas.
Elfin and Faerie inspired themed wedding ceremony. Featuring Fairy poetry, wedding music, and traditions from the Middle Ages of Ireland and Scotland. Fairy wings, head dresses, and floral pics .