Maid of Honor, The Best Friend You Will Ever Have
Maid of Honor Duties
The duties are Maid of Honor is possibly the most demanding of all involved in the wedding, except, of course, the bride's duties. The Maid of Honor is the right hand of the bride. She will depend heavily on her to help make sure that everything goes perfectly on that special day. Being chosen as a Maid of Honor is the highest compliment and a great honor. A Maid or Matron of Honor needs to be dependable, levelheaded and creative.
- Help the bride pick out her wedding dress.
- Help pick out bridesmaid dresses and accessories.
- Pay for own dress and accessories.
- Host Bridal Shower with the help of the bridesmaids.
- Attend all prenuptial parties.
- Plan the Bachelorette party, if there is to be one.
- Help the bride address the wedding invitations
- Schedule appointments for alterations for bridesmaid dresses.
- Make sure the bridesmaids keep fitting appointments, rehearsal schedule, and any other duty the bride wishes them to perform.
- Write the Maid of Honor speech.
- Help bride make favors.
- If there is a flowergirl and/or a ringbearer, make sure they know what is expected of them.
- Attend rehersal and rehersal dinner.
- Help bride get dressed for the wedding.
- Sign the Marriage Certificate.
- Hold the Bride's bouquet during the ceremony.
- Assist the photographer with identifying the members of the wedding party.
- Stand in the receiving line.
- Gather the single women for the toss of the bouquet.
- Help bride get ready to leave for honeymoon.
- Give moral support to the bride through the planning and during the special day.
Maid /Matron of Honor Dresses Online
David's Bridal has one of the most versitile collections of Maid/Maton of Honor gowns. Their dresses come in size 2 - 26 and are available in a large variety of colors and styles. They also have a wonderful selection of accessories including: shoes, jewelry, gloves, outerwear and handbags.
This is a wonderful site to shop. It offers gowns from such designers as After Six, Da Vinci, Forever Yours, Private Label, and many more. The gowns are available in sizes 00 - 30W and you can choose from over 70 colors. They also have a wide selection of accessories available such as: gifts for each member of the wedding party, flower baskets, keepsakes, jewelry, and slips.
Writing the Maid of Honor Speech
Keep in mind when giving your speech that not only are you speaking for the benefit of the guests but also for the bride and groom. Share your fondest memories of these two special people.
Make sure you begin writing your speech early enough to be able to read it through, make changes that might be needed and to practice giving the speech. Writing in advance gives you the chance to collect your thoughts and speak to others about their own special memories. Maybe one of their memories will remind bring back a memory of your own that has been forgotten. Waiting until the bitter end to prepare your speech can lead to writer's block.
Make sure you make it personal with special memories and include the sentiment of how glad you are to be so personally involved in their special day. Start out with how the bride and groom met, how everyone watched them fall in love, and how perfect they are for each other.Let everyone know how much you love them and how happy you are for them. Now is the time to tell a short humorous story about them and make sure you end with a wish for their future successful relationship.
Try to keep it short. A good Maid of Honor speech should last no longer than 5 to 6 minutes. If it will help, jot down a few key points that will help you along incase you need it.
Try to keep a calm front. If you imagine yourself as being calm it will help keep you from becoming overly nervous. It is a rare person who does not feel stage fright, just remember why you are here, who you are giving the speech for, and enjoy yourself. Pretend you are speaking directly to the two most important people of the evening. After all, if it weren't for them you wouldn't be there.
Giving the Speech:
- Make eye contact
- Share some personal information but know when enough is enough.
- Make sure you have not had too much to drink.
- Make sure you wish the couple luck
- Let them know how happy you are to have been included in their special day.
Gift Ideas for Maid/Matron of Honor
- Maid of Honor picture frame
- Maid of Honor Tank Top
- personalized cosmetic bag
- Maid of Honor totebag
- Maid of Honor keepsake box
- Maid of Honor candle
- personalized candle
- personalized tote bag
- personalized keepsake box
- personalized jewelry box
- personalized journal
- Maid of Hornor journal
- personalized photo album
- Maid of Honor photo album
- engraved memory frame
- heart pendant
- ankle bracelet
- bracelet with a Maid of Honor charm
- pearl drop earrings
- heart toggle locket
- for a Christmas wedding - a maid of honor ornament
- Maid of Honor bobblehead
Sample Maid of Honor toasts
Toast to Couple
To the bride and groom, may the love you share today be one day seen as small, compared to the love you will feel ten years from now, fifty years from now. May you continue to grow in love and as individuals and may this day just be the start of how big your love can grow.
.Toast to Bride
A toast to the bride who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to ask for it. I hope your wedding day is perfect and your marriage is all that you dreamed.
Toast to Groom:
To (Groom), who through his love has shown me a different side of (Bride.) He had made her happier than I have ever seen her, and I can't wit to witness how your love continues to help her grow. I am so happy she has you in her life.
Other Wedding Hubs by KoffeeKlatch Gals
- Flower Girl duties, dresses and gifts
Flower girl basket Flower Girls are usually between 3 and 8 years old. Their primary function is to look cute and to draw oohs and aahs from the wedding guests as they walk down the aisle. They are the...
- Wedding Etiquette-Who Pays For What?
One of the first things that you need to do when planning a wedding is set out the ground rules as to sho pays for what. Traditionally the brides family carried the bulk of the responsibility of paying for...
- Ring Bearer Duties
A ring bearer is traditionally between the ages of three or four and eight years old. They are usually a family member, godchild or close family friend. It's a great way to include a young boy that you are...
- Junior Bridesmaid duties, gifts and gowns
A junior bridesmaid is a girl that is typically between the ages of 8 to 14. She is someone who is too old to be a flower girl and too young to be a bridesmaid but you would like to include her...
- Wedding Superstitions and Traditions
Did you know that the color of choice for a wedding gown has not always been white? Back in Victorian times you could wear a wedding gown in any color you choose. Of course, wearing black to your own wedding...
- Where to buy a lace bridal gown online
It is said that more time and thought is put into picking out just the right wedding dress than anything else you do to ensure that that one day turns out perfect. You wedding day will most likely be...
- Buying Wedding Invitations Online
Popular wedding collections: Signature Collection - printed on eco friendly paper that is custom made in Italy. Signature Matte - painted on heavy white cardstock. Signature Textured - white and...
- Buying a Wedding Gown Online
The most romantic day of your entire life is your Wedding Day. All the planning and dreaming, and sleepless nights will be worth it when you walk down the aisle. No matter how stressed and over worked you...
- Finding a Wedding Gown for a Relaxed Informal Wedding
Your wedding day is the most important day of your life. The time and money spent on making this all important day special is unbelievable. With the economy the way it is many people are scaling back on the...
Funny Maid of Honor Speech
More by this Author
Weddings like anything else in our lives are filled with tradition and superstition. Each culture has it own person set of them. Interestingly enough many seemed to cross over to other cultures.
Whether you are the Mother of the bride or the Mother of the groom you have a part to play in all of the wedding preparations. Read on to find some suggestions and tips that will help made that day.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.