Mother of the Bride/Mother of the Groom
Mother of the Bride Duties and Responsibilities
As Mother of the Bride she will assist the bride:
- Select her wedding dress and accessories
- Choose a dress color and style that compliments the wedding party outfits.
- Gets together with Mother of the Groom to coordinate dress color and style.
- Choose her Bridemaids and Maid or Matron of Honor.
- Choose the wedding theme colors.
- Research the family traditions to incorporate them into the ceremony/reception.
- Choose the location for the reception and plan the menu.
- And groom compile a quest list for their wedding.
- Choose wedding invitations, place cards, and thank you cards and help to address them.
- Pick out a photographer.
- Pick out a wedding cake
- Help the bridal party with bridal shower arrangements.
- Pick out of flowers and bouquet styles.
- Pick out, order, and/or make the wedding favors.
- Escort the bride down the aisle if father is unavailable.
- Greets the guest as they enter the reception.
- Sits at parents table.
- Dances with the Father of the Bride.
- Dances with the Groom.
- Makes sure that all of the quests are having fun.
Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom Dresses
This is site has a superb selection of Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom dresses available in sizes 2 to 38. They have a wide variety of popular colors. The knot also carries the accessories including: bridal party gifts, invitations, napkins, ring bearer pillows, flower girl baskets, jewelry, and more.
This site contains a large selection of dresses in sizes 4 to 26, available in 29 beautiful vibrant colors. They have a terrific selection of accessories including, headpieces, shoes, gloves, jewelry, and more.
This site is for the discerning shopper, the one who needs to watch their pocketbook. At his site you get a beautiful dress without the out-of-site pricetag. They offer a wide variety of styles and colors and are available in sizes M to 4XL. They do offer some accessories including, gloves, shawls, slips and more.
Poem to Mother of the Bride from Groom
by Michael Weber
To the mother of my wife
I have some things to say
So many things to thank you for
Lord, help me find a way
I see your love in my wife's eyes
The way you held her close
Of all the people in your life
She knows you loved her most!
Your love spills out with every breath
With every sigh and laugh
When she tells of you and dad
in some hilarious gaff
And when she looks at me
With soft and tender eyes
I know it's 'cause her heart was filled
With love from someone wise
From her youth she heard the words
That strengthened her young soul
And now those words pour forth from her
Like water from a bowl
She builds the words, thoughts and deeds
She learned from you, her Mom
Into her own blessed children
like a precious healing balm
She weaves a strong yet tender wall
Of Love around us all
So all her children are kept safe
From every slip and fall
Every day I see your love
In what she says and does
And I say a prayer to God each day
For your heart, your prayers and your love.
Mother of the Groom Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the responsibilities of the Mother of the Groom are:
- After the engagement is announced, invite the brides parents over for dinner.
- Host an engagement party.
- Inquire how many guests they can invite to the reception.
- Get together with Mother of Bride to coordinate dress color and style.
- Attend all showers and bridal parties.
- Plan and host the rehearsal dinner.
- Offer to help the bride in any way she can (call florists, help make favors, help address invitations).
- Stand in the receiving line and greet guests.
- Make sure all of the guests are having a good time.
- Sit at the parents table.
- Dance with the groom.
Poem to Mother of the Groom From Bride
To My Dear Mother-In-Law
Did you ever really know the job that was in store
When you were helping your son to grow
Midst diapers, toys & more?
Well now it's time for you to know
That I am the grateful one,
Because you did so much to bestow
such tender love on your son.
For the early sharing of your heart
You helped his spirit grow.
Your gentle caring from the start
Has made the man I know.
Thank you dearly for sharing your son
and showing him how to care.
Thank you for all the work you've done.
You' re a mother beyond compare.
Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom Gifts
- "Chick Kit" - Thus particular kit contains wedding tissues, wedding camera, Mother of the Bride frame, Mother of the Bride Survival Cake, purse sachet, bra sachet,mints, novelty pen, and a choice of flavored Margarita, Martini, Bellini/Mimosa Mixes or Cocoa. Can be bought at:http://cookiepots.com/mother-of-the-bride-chick-kit.htm
- Personalized robes
- Personalized tote bag
- Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom frame
- Personalized antique style compact or mirror
- Engraved silver jewelry box
- Coupon for a free day at the spa including full treatment
- Mother of the bride or mother of the groom bath basket
- Mother of the bride or mother of the groom t-shirt
- Mother of the bride or mother of the groom personalized aprin
- Mother of the bride or mother of the groom mug
- Mother of the bride or mother of the groom cap
- Personalized mother of...mousepad
- Mother of the bride or gorom calender including pictures of bride or groom growing up for each month.
- Personalized ipad case
- Personalized iphone case
- Linen handkerchief embroidered with Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom
- Personalized mother of the bride or groom including pictures of the bride or groom from childhood to wedding.
- At Christmas=time, Mother of the Bride or Mother of the Groom ornament
Thank You To Mother
After the wedding when our loved ones have gone,
and the fragrance of flowers has lingered til dawn.
When the last piece of cake at the table is cut,
the lights have all dimmed and the doors have been shut.
When everything is quiet our memories made,
and each flower petal is starting to fade.
It's then in that moment my thoughts will be free,
to think of how special you've made this for me.
After the wedding and all the years through,
this day will be special because of you.
Thank You Mom for Everything.
From Mother of the Bride to Bride
Her Big Day
My daughter’s getting married, My mind is in a whirl, It doesn’t seem five minutes Since she was a little girl. She’s dressed in gleaming satin, A dream of pearls and lace, Transformed into a princess, Flushed excitement on her face. What happened to my baby, The toddler, then the child, That moody, awkward youngster, My teenager, sweet and wild? This elegant young woman, (Can life still be the same?) Her love’s gone to another, And she’s changing home and name. So grown up and so lovely, I feel I’ve lost her now, But must not be selfish, I’ll accept, I’ll cope somehow. But what’s this in the mirror? I see she’s near to tears, I’ll put my arm around her, Why! She’s full of doubt and fears. At last I’ve reassured her, And smiling at each other, I know my daughter will not change,
I’ll always be her mother.
- Wedding Etiquette-Who Pays For What?
One of the first things that you need to do when planning a wedding is set out the ground rules as to sho pays for what. Traditionally the brides family carried the bulk of the responsibility of paying for...
- Wedding Food - Selecting What to Serve at Your Recep...
A wedding celebration is steeped in tradition. While you may not be worried about aligning the stars and moons, you do have to decide what to serve your guests that have come to witness and celebrate your...
- Wedding Card Messages - - Examples Of What To Write ...
Find wedding card messages here. Use these wedding messages to help you write in your card. Knowing how and what to write in a wedding card can be difficult.
- Spring Wedding Themes and Ideas
Spring is here! Spring is the most popular wedding season, so it's important to have a good idea of the different spring wedding themes. If you're looking to get some spring wedding ideas, read on.
- Free Bridal Shower, Engagement and Wedding Clip Art
This free engagement, bridal shower and wedding clipart can help save you money if you want to make your own bridal shower invitations, engagement announcements or wedding favors.
- 50s style wedding dresses
Wedding Dresses are usually a once in a lifetime purchase, so it is not a surprise that the hunt for the perfect wedding dress might take months and even years for some brides. The idea is to look your best...
More by this Author
Weddings like anything else in our lives are filled with tradition and superstition. Each culture has it own person set of them. Interestingly enough many seemed to cross over to other cultures.
The Maid of Honor is the bride's most important ally. Her duties are many from helping the bride pick out hew wedding gown to giving moral support to the bride. Basically she does everything the bride needs doing. She...
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.