Are You Too Nice?
There is nothing wrong with being a nice person, but there is a big difference between being nice, and being a total pushover. Here are a couple of scenarios, when the ones you love, might be playing you like a fool.
1. If you're at home, when everyone else you know has been invited to that big block party but you, because you are watching all their kids for free. (oh and let's not forget, how often you have heard I will be there to pick them up in thirty minutes.) Ha! Please, you're lucky if they even come at all that night.
2. If you're broke, because you let your friend have all your rent money so they can pay their bills. Then they somehow magically popup with super pricey tickets, for that ballgame you been dying to go to see. Hmm...... I wonder how they managed that?
3. If everyone around town knows more about your boyfriend's/girlfriend's eXtra Curricular activities, than you do. Because they actually get to see them more often than you do.
4. If you can't tell that behind every hint of sarcasm, there is some sort of truth. This is what you should be using on the people using you. It feels so good when they give you that stupid look.
5. If you have caught yourself more than once saying I am sorry, for somebody bumping into to you. They need to be the ones saying sorry not you, how rude.
6. When people seem to think it is alright to volunteer you to do everything, as if you can't speak for yourself.
7. When people start taking the term make yourself at home too literal, in your house. I mean you know you have a problem when they start bringing clothes, and telling you what you need to cook them for dinner.
8.If you catch yourself giving something nice to someone, who you know is a serial salesman. They have stuff sold before you even give it to them.
I will be the first one to admit, I have been guilty of a few of these things myself from time to time. But some people don't ever stop, giving of themselves so freely. I understand that it is important to be kind to others, but not when they use you compulsively. People who use you are not your real friends, because if they were, they wouldn't use you. We should never waste our kindness, or our time, on people who don't deserve it.
More by this Author
Breakups are painful but so is spending your life in a loveless relationship. Never pick an unloving partner over you. In this hub, I give a few tips on how to deal with leaving someone, you love.
There is no magic button when trying to make your girlfriend/wife weak in the knees. The secret to making a woman happy starts within the heart.
You don't have to spend a fortune on a beauty product for it to work. Some of the best natural, cruelty-free products can be made at home with items you would find in your fridge or cabinet.