Wedding Flowers/Decorations: $AVE BIG Buck$: Here's How!
$ave $$$ on Reception Flowers/Decorations
When times are tough, or you’re on a budget, you need to know how to save money on reception flowers/decorations. And you can! Make non-floral centerpieces and save Big Bucks!
Who ever said you had to spend a fortune on your reception centerpieces, or that they had to be floral?
A Simple, Elegant Idea for Your Wedding Reception
Here's a simple centerpiece idea that will make your wedding guests' heads turn.
Figure out the number of centerpieces you'll need based on the number of guests per table. If you're inviting 100 guests and seating 10 at a table, you'll need 10 centerpieces.
Go to a party-rental store:
* Rent 10 large, round or square mirrors (18").
* Rent 10 silver candelabra with candles included.
* Rent 30 votive candles (in the colors you prefer), three per centerpiece. (They come in varied, decorative shapes and sizes).
Go to a crafts' store and buy a few bags of glass "pebbles" (in the floral department).
On The Wedding Day...
The day of the wedding, have a family friend or relative go to the reception property with the centerpiece components:
* Place one mirror on each table. Put a silver candelabrum in the center of each mirror. Put the candles in the candelabrum.
* Place three votive candles on the mirror surrounding the candelabrum.
* Sprinkle a few glass pebbles on the mirror. (These will reflect the candlelight.)
Before the wedding reception begins, the captain or maitre d' of the wedding reception will light the candelabrum and the votives. Voila! You've got stunning reception centerpieces for very little money!
Centerpiece for the Bride's Table
For a centerpiece for the bride's table, place her bouquet on the table surrounded by her bridesmaids' bouquets and a few votives. You may also have a candelabrum in the center of those flowers. Just remember to rent an extra, along with extra votives.
Appoint a friend or family member to pick up all rentals from the reception site, the day after the wedding, to return them to the party-rental store!
More by this Author
Some brides-and-grooms to be treat their step-families with less than the respect they deserve. That may not be the way to have a successful, happy wedding and reception.
What's the Correct Wording For Your Wedding Invitations? There is a Subtle Difference...
What Are the Duties of Jr. Bridesmaids and Jr. Groomsmen? What Are Their Responsibilites and Their Parents Role?
No comments yet.