How to have a High Fashion Wedding On a Beer Budget
Planning a Beautiful Wedding on a Budget
Whether you are planning a winter wedding or a traditional summer event, this year's must have wedding do's, have the combined elements of lace, flare, and style. These three elements are a bride's key to hosting a beautiful and show stopping wedding event. How does a bride achieve the regal affair they are wanting, while setting the trend for all other wedding ceremonies to follow? Believe it or not it is as easy as adding the alluring and luxe color of silver, in with their selected color palette.
Many famous couture designers used different textiles to give this year's bridal trends lots of flare. Fabrics such as silver or gold lamé were showcased on runways in London, Paris, Barcelona, and New York this season. While many of these designers also used dramatic silver jewelry, purses, shoes, and even silver hair accessories in their collections this year. The fashion runways of Dior, Gaultier, and Lagerfeld featured array of lavish, fitted, mermaid bridal designs.
Many of this year's featured wedding dresses were lace gowns, seeded in rhinestones and pearls, with flowing chapel length trains. Designers such as Lagerfeld featured men's looks in silver and gray tuxedos. On fashion runways-bridesmaid dress models were outfitted in silver lamé fabric gowns or dresses made of silk, jersey, or satin fabrics in gray hues. The bridesmaid gowns that had boat or scoped necklines were paired with gorgeous large, ornately designed, silver necklaces and bangle bracelets. Other topnotch designers like Gaultier brought out a few Victorian touches using velvet and cameo chokers with his designs, and then paired the gowns with these really cool over-the-top ankle boots or silver six inch high heels that had platform soles.
While I will agree that there are not many brides, who can afford these top designers couture bridal looks but, whose to say that a wedding of equal caliber in style, cannot be done on a beer budget?
Figure Out The Budget $$$'s
- When planning an event, such as a wedding, it is good to know all the particulars to setting a wedding budget well in advance, and certainly before any purchasing is done for the event. Weddings can be very expensive. If the bride is truly wanting a couture style wedding look, on a small budget, they will have to monitor every dollar spent. Once the bridal budget has been finalized, do yourselves one big favor, by strictly following your cost saving ideas, and using the budgeted dollar amount accordingly.
- Wedding costs have a tendency to get out of hand quickly. Do not let that be the case for this event. It is better to realize what can and cannot be done, for the dollar amount allotted to be spent on it. It is much better to face the music now, before it turns out-to-be too late. Think about it..., the last thing bridal couple need to deal with the day before the wedding, is falling in deep debt. The number 1, 2, and 3 aspect to planning a wedding on a beer budget is comprise and lots of patience!
Free Information on how and where to buy Wedding Stuff
- Bridal Fashion: Latest Trends in Wedding Dresses
Designers know that brides are in great shape, so all the silhouettes aimed to show that off. Mermaid hems, trumpets, fluted gowns - they all have elongated waists and there were not nearly as many ball gowns. Leading designers are designed something
- Where to Find Cheap Designer Wedding Dresses
This hub provides an overview of where to find cheap designer wedding dresses and gowns.
- Vintage Wedding Gowns
Filled with short descriptions of a variety of vintage wedding gowns and filled with photos. This will inspire your bridal gown for your very special day, or just entertain the eyes of those of us who enjoy looking at gorgeous photos of brides that l
- Inexpensive Wedding Venues And Cheap Reception Tips
Looking for an affordable and inexpensive wedding venue? If so, the tips we have for weddings and cheap receptions could help you plan the event of a lifetime and still stay below budget.
- Cheap Wedding Dresses-Creative Ideas for the Bride o...
Just because you don't have a dime to spare doesn't mean you've got to sacrifice that oh-so-important element of your wedding: the gown. Why not stand out with a unique and creative dress? Here are five creative and unique cheap wedding dresses...
- Free Bridal Shower Game Ideas
Looking for some fun (and free) bridal shower games? Then you've come to the right place! Check out these games and add them to your next bridal shower.
- Cheap Wedding Gowns: Where to Find Them
Fabulous resources for brides on a budget! Affordable wedding dresses that look chic and expensive do exist.
- A Steampunk Wedding
Are you a Victorian gear head by chance and looking to plan the ultimate Steampunk wedding? Here's the wedding page for you two! Regal Steam punk wedding theme and ideas.
- How to Plan a Wedding Budget - The Free Wedding
Wedding Budgets, Wedding planning, Free Wedding Invitation Templates, Wedding budget articles, inexpensive wedding articles
- FREE Wedding Organizer for Brides
At last - a free organizer for brides to use to plan their own wedding. This organizer has everything you need to plan your wedding. Best of all, its totally free - no catches. You don't have to subscribe to anything, pay a cent, or register for
- Different Types of Bridal Lace used for Wedding Dres...
This hub features an insider guide to the different types of lace, used in creating lavish wedding dresses. Many choices of laces can be seen, from classic re-embroidered alencon lace, typical Chantilly wedding lace, to the beautiful Duchesses needlep
Great Wedding Resource
- Loose Ends By Sarah
"Perfect for the modern yet traditional bride. The beauty of this collection is that the couple can change it to their married monogram and names once they say "I Do"!" - straight from her unique website
Items Which are Easy Enough to Make
Buying bolts of silver lame fabric can be a very cost effective way to hosting a high fashion wedding on a beer budget. Most women have expensive taste, and want their wedding to look expensive. That is all fine and dandy if you are from a wealthy family but, most people can only afford to spend $15,000 dollars or less for their big day. My entire wedding budget total spendable amount was half of that budget number. No one should have to do without something, if that one thing helps to complete their dream wedding look. Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity and ingenuinity. As my grandmother always said to me, "If there is a will there is a way"!
Here are a few wedding décor items which can easily be made by a bride to enhance her wedding decorations. With one bolt of silver lame fabric, a bride could make:
- Strips of ribbons to tie across reception chair backs, to dress them up.
- Table cloths or table runners for the head table, gift table, food and cake tables.
- A backdrop for the DJ area.
- A backdrop for the head table.
- Aisle runner for the wedding cermony.
- Pew bows to separate family pew seating from regular guest seating, for the wedding ceremony.
More by this Author
Great collective resource for planning a Traditional Spanish wedding. Spanish designed bridal gowns. Including a suggested stuffed artichoke and clam sauce recipe for the reception.
Traditional French weddings, customs and dresses. Featuring wedding vows, invitations, food menu ideas, and traditions on French wedding dress laces.
Get the 411 on what not to wear on a date night or night out with the girls. Advice from one plus size woman to the next, on sexy fashionable do's and don'ts.