Twenty Ways To Love; Powerful Love Quotes To Delight And Inspire
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu
"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young."
Sir Arthur Pinero
Whoso loves, believes the impossible.
Elizabeth Barret Browning
Love is the most important thing in all the world. Though much of what goes on in this world is not born of love, it is love that keeps us breathing, keeps us striving for a better day. When we are besieged by death and pain, war and terror, it is the love for our partners, our children, our countries, and ultimately our fellow man, that keeps us going forward.
For many centuries, love has both delighted and puzzled mankind. Love is an elixir of the soul that makes the weak man strong, and the greatest torture endurable. We sing of love, we write of love, and we strive to live in love daily. But what is love?
Perhaps it is something that can only hope to be understood by the breast that it resides within, but the perspectives on love shared by various thinkers and feelers throughout our history, and recorded below, may yet help soothe the minds of the weary, and restore for them faith in the most important element, and perhaps highest endeavor of mankind.
- "The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." Jalal ad-Din Rumi
- "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." Jalal ad-Din Rumi
- "Love, like a river, will cut a new path whenever it meets an obstacle." Crystal Middlemas
- "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Franklin P. Jones
- "Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy." Kahlil Gibran
- "Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." Henry Louis Mencken
- "True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked." Erich Segal
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." Aristotle
- "I don't fear insects or spiders. At great heights, I jump off, smiling. In the face of death I wink. But, when I look into your eyes, I'm in fear of how much I love you." Anon
- "When love beckons to you, follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep. And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you." Kahlil Gibran
- "I chose to love you in silence, for in silence I find no rejection. I chose to love you in your loneliness, for in your loneliness no one owns you, but me." Anon
- "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." Bill Wilson
- "Love isn't blind; it just only sees what matters." William Curry
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
- "Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love." Kahlil Gibran
More by this Author
Sometimes, a man feels the desire to wear a bra. This can be brought on for a variety of reasons, including fetishism, medical reasons, bedroom games, and simply because he likes it. Bras can be objects of comfort,...
Many men love to wear bras, but quickly become confused when confronted with the plethora of bras that are available on the market today. There are a wide range of terms and types of bra that can be a bit befuddling....
As a woman, I write a great deal about men who wear lingerie. To be honest, it has become rather a passion of mine over the past few years, but it wasn't always that way. This is the story of how I came upon this...