Create Balance With A Personal Life Improvement Plan!
Who are you? Who do you want to be?
The first step to changing your life is to identify who you are and who you want to be.
I am a father, a husband and a man! As a man I realize that I am not perfect but each day I strive to be the best husband and father I can. I am now at a stage in my life where its all up to me. I need to step up and be the quality of man my family deserves. More importantly I want to be a man I can look into the eye and be proud of.
I decided to change my life by developing a plan! My plan is to be Happy, Healthy and Safe for myself and my family.
Regain Your Lifes Balance
Step by Step Plan
My actions plan starts with these thoughts in mind:
- I am not the best I can be!
- I need to become better!
- I have to become better!
- My family deserves better!
Each person has their own vision of life, understanding what you want out of life will allow you to be happy with yourself. Your happiness should only be controlled by your vision. Many people make the mistake of living their life for others but always remember this is your life and its up to you to make the most of it.
My thought is if I am satisfied with myself then I will be able to share my positive energy with others. My focus will be enlightenment of the young men by positive mentoring.
The vision for my life is to be:
In order for me to succeed in having a happy life I must really understand what my vision of life truly is. That's the only way I will be able to clearly know what I am striving for. By understanding this I will be able to perform a gap analysis and evaluate if I am progressing to my ultimate goal of having a Happy, Healthy and Safe life. If I do not strive for my own personal happiness how can I expect to have an impact on any one's life.
- My Happiness is love, laughter, smiles, pleasure and joy.
- My Health is having complete physical, mental, and social well-being with a strong heart.
- My Safe is the condition of being protected against physical, social, spiritual, financial, political, emotional, occupational, psychological, educational threats.
How To Reach Your Goals!
First you must take the time out to identified the areas of your life which are preventing you from being your best. To be honest this can be very challenging, in order to reach your goals you have to be honest to yourself about yourself.
Here is my list:
- More focus on work life than personal life
- Not allowing myself to be #1
- Slow follow up on issues
- Not addressing issues in a timely manner
- Leaving in the future not the present
- Not willing to ask for help
Now that you have identified your issues, based on YOUR opinion not others you can put together an action plan to improve your life. I am a firm beliver that it is best to focus on your personal feeling about yourself than allowing others to dictate who you are or who they want you to be.
The second step is to create an Action Plan that is Realistic, Attainable and has a Specific Timetable. Easily remembered as R.A.T., if the action plan does not meet these three requirements the action plan is no good and guaranteed to fail. The action plan is not something that can just be written down and say its done. The plan must followed! Your focus must be on completing the outlined task in the time allotted no excuses.
- Take the approach as if you were back in college - No late papers!
- Take the approach as if you are on a football team - Do not be Late for any meetings or practices, if you do the whole team will be punished because of your individual behavior.
Action Plan Outline
- Take the previously outlined areas of your life and separate into individual task.
- Identify the cause or issue that is creating the challenge.
- Address each one in a systematic manner where you actually get down to the specific issue. This must be done in order to create a plan to finally resolve the issue.
- Create a R.A.T. plan to keep yourself on track.
- Preform a gap analysis every 6 months. I suggest on your birthday and again in six months . If your timetable is shorter than a year perform an analysis of your progression at the halfway point of your outlined timetable.
The Action Plan
Each life challenge needs to have its separate action plan. The plan must include:
- The specific life challenge to be addressed
- The identification of the specific Issue creating the challenge
- A Specific solution to the issue
- Action steps that will be take to finally resolve the issue
- Person responsible for completing action step, normally this will be and should be YOU!
- Specific completion dates which is realistic, avoid setting yourself up for failure by selecting a too aggressive time completion date. You're in control have patients and allow yourself to succeed
Life Action Plan
The goal of the persoanlized action plan is to have your own life free of stress related issues. So you can focus on being happy, healthy and safe. Rid your life of negative people and situations. The plan will only bring success if you remain focused on improving your life.
No comments yet.
- Easy Physical Fitness Tips for Life-long Health
How fit are you? This article contains fitness tips and guidelines for getting fit and sticking with a fitness program.
- How To Live A Healthy, Fruitful, Peaceful And Happy ...
40 great ways to live a healthy, fruitful, peaceful and happy life
- How to live a Happy Life?
If you want to live a happy life, you must first examine the purpose of life. This has been the subject of many philosophers over the ages. In college, I studied Philosophy as my major. Later, after I had...