Rejected by Family or Friends: You are not alone
Rejected in Relationship
What does it mean to be a true friend?
A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. The promise of a true friend will not require apologies...
Facing rejection is difficult
To be rejected is to be hard pressed.
Are you having difficulty because of rejection? Dealing with rejection in life, especially by those close to you can cause instability in marriages, friendships, and self-confidence.
It's disheartening and immoral to see someone being intimidated and afraid because of rejection.
Being rejected by family, friends, or society causes a person to feel useless and downtrodden.
Relationships suffer from mean spirited people who mock others with ridicule. Faced with this type of insecurity isolates a person.
At some point in life, every person will taste the sting of rejection. Whether it is by a close friend, a family member, a group of individuals, fellow coworkers, or students, each of us will experience rejection.
Relationships fade away, some even die.
Some people will be misunderstood, some will be ridiculed or manipulated in order for another to achieve their desired goal.
Examples of being rejected
Rejection is a state in which negative feelings surface.
It can take on many forms and become so in grained into a person’s thoughts that they feel left out, like an outcast. Rejection causes a person to feel unloved, unwanted, and unsuitable in various ways.
Here are some examples of how or why people are rejected:
- Society may reject a person because of their race, religion, age, or sexual preference. Rejection happens in many ways.
- Cyber bullies stir up trouble by misleading others, and with cruel intentions cause hatred. In doing so, they lead others to reject friends or families. However it is not just the cyber bullies, it can be any person.
- To be unkind to somebody or behave in such a way that turns somebody into a state of rejection is unhealthy and unkind.
- Behavior that constitutes a refusal to accept someone because, in their opinion, they think they are not good enough is cruel and punishing.
- Writers even face writers block many times out of fear of rejection.
- Many types of rejection are recipes for disaster.
- Rejection can happen if one person is interested in another, and the emotional connection is not returned. This is when one loves but the love is unrequited.
- Children may feel rejected by their parents if there is an absentee parent or a parent is unable to give the unconditional love a child needs.
- Loss of a job or a promotion can lead to feelings of rejection.
- An act of betrayal can create an enormous amount of rejection, especially if the relationship was built on love and trust. This kind of betrayal can be all-consuming.
The act of rejecting someone or something can cause destruction for individual lives.
Face of rejection
Feeling Rejected? You are not alone.
Rejection on the job.
Rejected by peers or coworkers, a person feels left out.
- When many coworkers from a department all go out to lunch yet fail to invite one person that is rejection.
- When a person gets passed over for a promotion, they feel they deserve, that is rejection.
- Seeking employment and finding out you are unqualified or overqualified for the job that is rejection.
- Getting the no thank you letters for something petitioned is a part of rejection.
Rejection is a part of life but it's not something to fear.
It is going to happen to every person at some point or another. The reaction to rejection is the true nature of the beast.
Being rejected and feeling alone has an opportunity to allow a person to see things differently. Positive thoughts can produce positive actions.
Seeking revenge on someone else is not the answer. It only makes things worse.
A strong case of rejection found in bullying behavior and in a society which causes any person to feel like an outcast, may lead individuals down a long, sad path. Unable to deal with this type of rejection, some may turn to inappropriate behavior, and others to suicide.
This is not the answer. If you or someone you love are facing this , it is important to seek help from professionals. This is not the time to lay it down, it is imperative to seek guidance to get through this. type of situation
Remember you are not alone, no matter what you are facing.
Overcoming Rejection is No Easy Task
There is a saying which states to let go and let God. It means to let go of trying to control everything yourself. Let God handle the rest.
- When rejection stamps your heart with a sting so painful you feel like giving up, seek wise council.
- When life throws an unexpected curve ball your way, have some faith.
- When the problems you are facing seem insurmountable, say a little prayer.
- When you feel defeated just look to the cross.
Jesus Christ was a man rejected. He faced persecution by his enemies and was betrayed by his friends. Jesus knew about rejection.
He became the iniquity we face each day.
Jesus walked the road of rejection carrying a cross on His back.
- He took the cross for us so we wouldn’t have to.
- A burden so heavy, he fell several times.
- A rejection so powerful a crown of thorns bled over His face.
- He knew about pain and sorrow.
- He understood isolation.
- He was dismissed, rebuffed, ridiculed, laughed at, mocked, and spit upon.
Yes, He faced rejection and He is still being rejected today.
He paid the very high price of rejection so we wouldn’t have to. We have been redeemed, bought and paid for by the blood of Jesus. His grace is a gift to anyone who wants it and his mercy reigns true forever.
Whenever rejection comes knocking on your door, remember Jesus on the cross.
A personal relationship with Jesus will provide you peace and contentment in the face of rejection. It is a peace which transcends all human understanding.
Take these words of encouragement with you today.
- You are unique and wonderfully made.
- There is no one like you.
- All your experiences, personality, and traits are a part of you and no one else can take that away from you.
- No personal tools of rejection will allow God to stop loving you.
- The message of the cross remains the same today as it did yesterday. It represents redemption, a claim no one else can take.
So the next time rejection causes you to feel unsettled, leave all your cards on the table. Pull out your chair and take a look at the cross.
Follow the truth to the cross and let go of pretending everything is alright. Facing rejection is better with someone by your side, for two are better than one.
Rejection takes its toll on your self-esteem and self-image but you don’t have to stand there alone.
Take a moment to reflect on this message.
- It is more than a feeling; rejection is a price that has already been paid.
- You are not alone.
- You too can overcome.
- Look to those who inspire you.
- Look to your mentors, your spiritual leaders, talk to guidance counselors, parents, friends, or professionals.
- Look to Christ. Ask Him to intervene.
- Remember the Bible verse, weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
- Tomorrow is a new day. It's a day for new beginnings.
- Tomorrow can be better, just hang on.
- Keep your faith.
You are loved.
More by this Author
Do you believe everyone has a soulmate? Someone predestined to be the love of your life? So how do you know you have found that one true love?
Having a bad day? Feeling stressed out or in a bad mood?Do you dread visiting someone fearful of the mood they will be in? There will be days like this, everyone has them. How do you go from having a foul mood to...
The attitudes of your heart shape your character. In all things, your heart's condition creates the appeal of your personality. Attitudes are a purposeful mindset The following 12 attitudes of the heart strengthens your...