Royal Wedding Etiquette When in Presence of the Queen
Prince William and Kate are to be married on Friday April 29th, 2011 at 11 a.m. at Westminster Abbey.
When attending a “Royal Wedding” etiquette must be followed. Dress code is of high importance. For people attending the upcoming wedding for Prince Williams and Kate, the dress code was printed on the invitation.
“Dress: Morning Coat or Lounge Suit”
A morning dress is ultra-formal to business wear that is worn till 6 p.m. and includes a hat and gloves. Morning coats are single breasted with the front cut away and tails in the back. Lounge suit is a waistcoat, formal shirt and tie with pants that are striped or checked
- Women are not to wear white. This color is reserved for the bride only. Black dresses are for mourning do not wear black. Nothing too short, nothing too long and nothing showing too much skin.
- Couples attending the Royal Wedding should think about how they look together as far as their attire is concerned. Try to match appropriately.
- Men if you are wearing a hat make sure that you take it off before entering the Church and carry it by your side. If you are in the armed services wear your military uniform.
- Arrive twenty minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Never talk to Queen Elizabeth unless she speaks to you first.
- Do not touch or kiss Queen Elizabeth.
- During the receiving line do not shake hands with Queen Elizabeth or Prince Philip unless they extend their hand to you.
- When speaking to the Royal Family do not stand too close to them and never ask personal questions.
- Turn off all cell phones and computing devices during the ceremony and the reception.
- You must bring a gift or donate to one of the charities that William and Kate support.
- If invited and not attending you must send a gift.
- Cameras are not allowed.
- Only the British people are to curtsy and bow to the Queen. For the Royal Wedding Men bob their head and women bob at the knee.
- At the reception to be hosted by Her Majesty The Queen, do not gulp your drinks sip them. Do not get drunk.
To think at my own wedding all that I prohibited was drunken fighting and I was criticized for that.
More by this Author
In this easy to follow recipe I've added other ingredients to Zatarain's Jambalaya mix to make it go further and feed more people. Pictures included with recipe.
Do you have a bridal or wedding shower coming up that you need to buy a gift for? Here you will find some great suggestions.
Find out how to correct biting, chewing jumping, rough play, begging, barking and digging when your dog has behavioral problems.