Sad, Break-Up & Broken Heart Quotes and Sayings
As they say, breaking up is hard to do! Splitting up with someone, or having a broken heart, is a sad time of anyone's life, and can be a difficult experience. Giving yourself time to get over the relationship is essential, don't be hard on yourself, and try to see it as a chapter over in your life. And on the positive side of that is when one chapter of your life ends, another one begins, and it is up to you to make it a good one!
If you have recently broken up with someone, or vice versa, then these famous quotes and sayings may help make some sense of what you are going through, and hopefully they will help to make you feel a bit better about the situation! Nobody likes to have a broken heart, but the trick is to stay as positive as possible, and try and remember the old saying, " there are plenty of fish in the sea!".
- Sadness flies away on the wings of time ~ Jean de La Fontaine
- Love is like a puzzle. When you're in love, all the pieces fit but when your heart gets broken, it takes a while to get everything back together ~ Author Unknown
- Don't worry about losing. If it is righ, it happens - the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away ~ John Steinbeck
- Maybe part of loving is learning to let go ~ From The Wonder Years
- Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love ~ Charlie Brown
- Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it ~ J. K. Rowling
- Let no one who loves be unhappy...even love unreturned has its rainbow ~ James Matthew Barrie
- As soon as forever is through, I'll be over you ~ Toto
- The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends ~ Gwyneth Paltrow
- You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present ~ Jan Glidewell
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional ~ M. Kathleen Casey
- Turn your wounds into wisdom ~ Oprah Winfrey
- The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal ~ Astrid Alauda
- When one door closes another one opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us ~ Alexander Graham Bell
- Tears are the safety valve of the heart when too much pressure is laid on it ~ Albert Smith
- In jealousy there is more self-love than love ~ Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- No yesterdays are ever wasted for those who give themselves today ~ Brendan Francis
- The courses of love never did run smooth ~ William Shakespear
- The hottest love has the coldest end ~ Socrates
- It takes a couple of seconds to say hello, but forever to say goodbye ~ Author Unknown
- I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don't know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I'll break up with someone on purpose ~ Rita Rudner
- Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart ~ Washington Irving
- I thought when love for you died, I should die. It's dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on ~ Rupert Brooke
- The heart is the only broken instrument that works ~ T. E. Kalem
- Love is unconditional, relationships are not ~ Grant Gudmundson
- It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person ~ Rita Mero
- Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's an experience ~ Victoria Holt
Check out some of my other quote hubs:
More by this Author
Numerology can reveal alot about us. Learn how to work out your Challenge Numbers and what they mean.
Example dental receptionist interview questions, useful for recruitment.
Numerology can reveal alot about ourselves. Learn how to work out your Life Path Number and what it means.