Signs That Your Man is Truly Selfish
Sometimes you wonder
when you watch him sleeping. Oh, you do have a love for your man that cannot be equaled by anyone. But somehow you are not at peace in your spirit about having a long-lasting relationship with this man who is asleep on your couch.
And it all stems from one thing: Is he selfish? You love him, but too afraid of losing him to just come right out and ask him about this problem. Good men this day and time are tough to find, so you endure and tough out each day.
But ladies who are suffering in silence, there are sure-fire ways to know if your man is selfish.
Man says, "Hun, if you're thrifty like me, you could have money."
And too many times, having or not having money is the sign of selfishness in people. In this case, the man in this couple. So innocent-hearted ladies, if you are wondering if your man is selfish or not, notice his attitude towards money. Does he share with you if you run short? Does he give to a worthy charity? Better know now than later.
Attention Ladies: Be honest,
When you got on your laptop and clicked to HubPages to read the newest hubs did you get to finish THIS hub or did your selfish boyfriend yank your laptop out of your hands so HE could be the first to read them?
Yes ( )
No ( )
You grow more suspicious of his selfishness
When he . . .
- Makes you take a "selfie" of him.
- He tells people that he invented the term "selfie."
- He waits for you to open the door for him.
- You always take your car and his excuse is he is saving gas due to his low funds.
- Makes you pay for the meal when you go out. The last time you had tears in your eyes and told him that your account was low, but he just ignored you, wiped his mouth and walked to the car.
- Always lets you know starting in July what you can get him for Christmas. And his choice of gifts are never affordable.
- When you two are at a restaurant and one of your friends starts to talk to you, he always clears his throat and whispers that you tell your friend about what is going on in his life.
- You are expected to keep his apartment clean.
- He almost-demands that you keep his shoes shined.
- His rule about grocery shopping is this: when you buy your groceries, you buy twice as much and give him "that" half because it saves him money.
- He leaves sticky-notes all around your apartment to call up his favorite radio station and request his favorite song and dedicate it to him from you.
- Tells your mom just how organized he is. Not you.
- When you two plan a vacation, guess what? It is always the place where HE wants to go.
- Takes money out of your checking account without telling you.
- "Hogs" compliments. One time he came to pick you up and was dressed "fit to be killed," and got angry at you for not first complimenting him. On the way to the restaurant you asked if he liked your new dress and he stormed out, "you must think that this relationship is all about you."
- When the waiter brought your orders, his steak was not cooked to perfection and he blamed you.
- Walks three steps in front of you no matter where you are going.
- Tells you to not forget his dry cleaning.
- Tells you to not forget to make his car payment--out of YOUR banking account.
- Demands that you put a vanity car tag on YOUR car with HIS name on it.
- When you two are on a festive vacation, guess who gets videotaped and who does not?
- Speaking of vacation. Last year you two went to the Grand Canyon and you stumbled and cut your knee, but since you were three steps behind him, you had to scream to get his attention and finally a security guard had to bring him back to see about you.
- Tells you that no matter where you sit in his apartment, it is "his favorite" place.
- Tells you to change the channel and you were watching a very good movie. His reasoning was, "I need to watch SportsCenter to make sure I can talk to my pals tomorrow about tonight's game."
- Bring him lunch each workday.
- Take his car for servicing and the kicker . . .You pay for it with your money . . .if you have any left in your account.
More by this Author
All she did was score fame, fortune, and popularity with "Ode to Billy Joe," and what did it get her? Read this piece to find out.
(Just) talking about meddlers and busy bodies is not enough. It is time I did something about them.
Yes, "we" talk funny in the South. Need proof? Just read this hub.
No comments yet.