Simple Valentines Day Flowers
Say it with flowers! People used to say that but actually every aspect in our live was influenced by flowers. Since we were born or a baby was born, we have to send or receive some flowers. In baby shower, visiting someone in hospital, birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, on dinner invitations, or even a funeral, we used to bring and send flowers.
In a special day like Valentine brings flowers to your love one is a sweet thing to do. Well, you don't have t bring a fancy flowers, just a simple and beautiful flowers arrangements would be enough. Flowers like roses are traditional gift given on Valentines Day. Roses are certain to be well received any time of the year not only on Valentines. There are so many roses colors with different kind of meaning, we should understand the meaning behind roses colors before we buy them.
The color of a rose may have very different meaning from what you intend. Please check these :
Red roses mean passionate love, if you'd like to proclaim the word "I Love You" in this Valentine, so you may bring the red roses. They are the ultimate symbol of romantic love and enduring passion. Red roses are extremely in high price in February because of the high demand. Single red rose also means "I love you"
Pale Pink roses mean friendship and connote with grace, gentleness, and gratitute. You may bring the roses for everyone, like your close friends, family members, and I think it's okay for our dear one. you may combine it with other flowers.
Light Pink roses mean a joy to behold and express fun and happiness.
Deep Pink roses mean "Thank You".
Yellow Roses mean freedom, just don't choose these if your intentions are romantic and long lasting. But you may choose yellow roses for congratulate to a newlywed, new baby born, birthdays, graduates, etc.
Red and white roses mean unity. An indication of bonding and harmony.
White roses mean purity. Symbolize truth and innocence. If you'd love to say "I miss you" and "You're heavenly" you may bring these up.
Orange roses mean desire and communicate enthusiasm on the part of the sender.
White and yellow roses mean a symbol of harmony.
Simple Valentine's Day Flower Arrangement
You may use vase, basket or make a simple hand bouquets.
You can make the flower arrangements by yourself. For example the rose bouquets. Some expert says the basic rule of flower arrangements is "follow your instinct" and some feel free to explore your creativity. Some people are just really good in flower arrangement and some like me that;s not really good in that. We can always ask our florist to help us. But if you'd like to make it yourself, first you have to decide and choose what kind of flower you like.
If you'd like to choose roses, try this arrangement :
- Take 12, 24, or 36 roses.
- Hold three roses in your hand in an almost triangular shape, about 6 inches from each other. Keep them in slightly different levels to make the bouquet look like a nice, big bunch.
- Add a rose to each of the roses you have in your hand so that you have a bigger triangle. Again vary the heights.
- Add two roses on each of the three sides. Now the whole bunch would look as if it has a circular outer edge.
- Add more roses according to your sense of completeness. Put roses in a circular manner around the already formed edge.
- Wrap the bunch of flowers around the stems using a tape.
- Cover the tape using a ribbon.
- Cut the stems an inch below the ribbon using scissors.
- Place the bouquet in a container of water, making sure that the ribbon does not get wet. Slightly moisten the flowers and keep the bouquet in a reasonably cool place.
Flower arrangement using vase or glass vase, you may choose the beautiful vase or find some surprise medium around the house.
- Fill the glass vase approximately three-quarters full of warm water and add the floral preservative. Stir to incorporate the preservative into the water.
- Construct a grid over the top of the vase with the waterproof floral tape. Attach pieces of tape across the opening in horizontal and vertical strips to create a grid. Make the grid squares about ¼ inch. Secure the entire grid with another piece of floral tape around the rim of the vase.
- Trim the bottom leaves from the leaf ferns so that no leaves will be beneath the water surface. Insert the leaf ferns at various places through the grid in the opening of the vase.
- Hold the roses under cool water and cut 1 inch from the bottom of the stems. Make these cuts at a 45-degree angle. Insert the roses into the vase, placing the tallest roses in the center and the shorter roses around the outside of the vase.
- Insert the filler flowers between the leaf ferns and the roses. Fill in all the gaps, spacing the different flowers evenly throughout the arrangement.
- Look at the arrangement from a few steps away for a different perspective. Make any changes to the placement of the flowers to make it look exactly as you wish.
Or another idea, you may arrange the flowers in the wooden basket.
- Place wet sponge inside the basket.
- Choose any kind of flowers like sunflowers, roses, peach roses, red gerbera, asters,carnations, cut the stems and stick it to the sponge.
- Arrange the flowers and fill the blank with some plants in your yard like ornamental hollies, ferns etc
- Tie a cute and sweet bow around the basket.
During Valentines Day, the price of roses are extremely high and if you mind with that, you may choose another type of flowers like carnations, asters etc.
Yet another factor plays a role in deciding the meaning of a gift of roses on Valentine’s Day. It is the number of flowers given.
- A single stem conveys the idea “this is a simple fact - you are the only one”.There are meanings associated with the numbers 3, 11, 12, 13, 22, 36, 99, 101, 108, and 999.
- An interesting case is 13. Thirteen roses convey the idea “you are my secret lover”.
- Thirty-six stems would mean “my heart belongs to you”.
- 999 roses, proportionate to the magnitude of the number, stands for “endless love”.
- A single rose conveys the meaning “exceptional love”.
One to remember do not forget bring some chocolates with your flowers and enjoy the Valentines.
- New Hairstyles For Women in 2010
Each time we enter a New Year we will find a new style especially in the world of beauty and fashion. This time we will find out what the new hairstyles for 2010.Next Year hairstyles are how we combine the...
- Wine for Lifestyle and Health
Enjoy a glass of wine is starting become a lifestyle in big cities in Indonesia. Well, in my country there is still a pro and contra in enjoying wine, I think that is a private opinion but for some people,...
Flowers Arrangement Books
More by this Author
What I love most of the red-eared sliders (RES) are their beautiful color and different stripes of each RES. Their scientific's name is Chrysemys scripta elegans (or formerly Trachemys scripta elegans). Its origin is...
Indonesia has many tribes. I am serious, there are hundreds of tribes and thousands of sub-tribes. Very rich in cultures and traditions. Like me, if someone ask me : What tribe are you ? I prefer to answer I'm a Java...
We used to hang a beautiful Christmas wreath in the door at Christmas time to welcome the guests. Some said that the origin of Christmas wreath was from the crown of thorns placed on Jesus' head that was made from the...