Social Butterfly: Making A Great First Impression
Learn to make a great first impression - the kind of that last!
Making new friends and keeping old ones require good people skills. Great manners are exhibited in how we converse and conduct ourselves in the company of others. Being gracious as a person not only makes you fun to be in all kinds of activities.It's a guaranteed way to make you popular anywhere you go!
Dos and Don't s
- Do: Give a social kiss or handshake. Don't present a prophet of-doom face. No one wants to get to know a Debbie Downer.
- Do: Introduce the younger to the older person ("Mom, I'd like you to meet Anna."), and the male to the female ("Anna, this is Michael,") Don't insult others by ignoring greetings.
- Don't sweat it when people forget your name. Memory loss is forgivable.
- Do remember to give and take. Listen as much as you talk. Don't verbally bully others. It's a sure source of conflict.
- Do: know the art of timing. Some things are best left for another time. Don't be the dark cloud that casts over everyone's happiness.
- Do: use appropriate language, humor, and volume. Don't gossip and start intrigues. People will avoid you like the plaque.
on keeping friends
- Do let other people shine - know when to take a seat. Don't be one-dimensional. Read up so you'll have lots to say
- Do establish boundaries and respect others' as well. Don't take yourself seriously. Relax!
- Do end the conversation on a light note. Don't offend the sensibilities and sensitivities of others. Familiarity does breed contempt.
More by this Author
5 Simple Shortcuts for Smooth Sexy Legs: your legs can look a lot better fast, with these simple strategies, you'll have what you want in no time