How to Tell Your Husband that You Love Him
How can you tell a man that you love him without saying a thing? It’s easy!
Believe it or not, nothing means more to a man than to be told in creative and unusual ways that you love him. I know that they are not prone to emotion or like anything romantic, at least not that they would ever tell anyone. Men have a soft spot that they like to keep hidden. But rest assured. You can touch it. Wives have been complaining for centuries how their husbands don’t tell them that they love them and that they don’t care. But in reality they are just different and because of that we have to communicate to them a little differently.
Men like the creative gestures over the stereotypical romantic ones. They don’t want mushy. That just turns them off. So, how can you tell your husband that you love him yet help him keep his manliness? Let me give you some pointers.
- Lipstick Heart – Yes, you heard right. Take a tube of your lipstick and draw a heart with your initials in it on the bathroom mirror. As he gets up in the morning and sees that, he won’t be able to help smiling. The thought that you would use the lipstick that you so cherish to send him a simple message will mean a lot to him.
- Coffee Alarm – If your man is a coffee drinker and needs that jolt in the morning before even opening his eyes, get up a few minutes early and brew him a cup. Quietly place it on the nightstand and let the aroma gently wake him. To be able to just reach over and pick up the java would mean more to him than breakfast in bed. If coffee is not his thing, place a glass of orange juice or such. It all means the same to him in the end.
- X’s and O’s – On a piece of paper, send hugs and kisses. Secret the paper away in a place he is bound to find sometime during the day. It could be in his shirt pocket, wallet, or briefcase. It might be a lifesaver when the boss chews him out.
- Meaningful Picture – Place a picture of you or of the two of you on a vacation in his briefcase. That shows him as he opens it up to start the day that you are thinking of him. And as a result he won’t be able to stop thinking of you.
- Inside Joke – Got an inside joke? Most couples do. Place something that represents that joke in his coat pocket, briefcase, or in an email. Any working man needs a laugh in the middle of the day.
- Flowers – Yes, to some it screams sissy and might embarrass him. That is – might. Some men love the blossoms and proudly display them on their desk. To them it is a message to the entire world that they are married and extremely loved.
- Enjoy a Game – Try sitting with your husband as he watches his favorite sports team on TV. Now, you might be one of those women who already love the team and actually put the men to shame for not wearing their team’s colors over their entire body and for not sporting the team as a tattoo. But if you are more apt to claim the title of “Sports Widow”, then this is for you. Sit with him and let him know you care just to be near him. You don’t even have to watch the game. Personally, I’ve reclined on the couch with my feet in his lap reading a book as he yelled and screamed at the plays. He was touched that I would just be there with him.
- Encourage Hobbies - Yes, another crazy suggestion. Aren’t they already obsessed with them? I’m not really addressing the ones that they do every minute of every day. That is way too unhealthy. I am addressing only those that have a passion and don’t seem to find the time to follow it. Let’s take my husband for an example. He is an avid fisherman. Nothing makes him more relaxed than sitting over water losing the battle of wits with “Big Bertha”. Yet, being able to fish is almost impossible. Our schedules are so full. No fishing means irritability and stress. That means a very lousy house. I send him out with his pole and some leeches for a few hours. It is the best cure and to him a very touching way to say that I love him.
- Lift the Toilet Seat – What? We are women! Why or why would we do such a ludicrous suggestion? Because we love him. If you are one to use the facilities first in the morning, leave the seat up. Knowing that you were already in there lets him know that you did it on purpose. What more could a man ask for?
Marriages are built on many things. Words spoken between the spouses is just one way of building. But another is through the actions they each give. How many times have we heard that actions speak louder than words? They weren’t just saying that to sound wise. That phrase is entirely correct. Words can come easy and be meaningless. Actions take thought and are intentional. Let your husband know that you care. Show him!
More by this Author
How to handle the mother-in-law has been a topic of emotional debate since Eve became a mother-in-law. Comedy routines are based on the actions of the mother-in-law. Movies center around her actions. Marriages have...
But how can a marriage survive much less be happy in this day and age? Much of it means coming back to the basics of human relationships.
Choosing the ten most important events in history is one of the most difficult and controversial things to do. I’ve attempted to create a list of major events that shaped the world.