Ten Admonitions Before Tying the Knot
Here are some TRUE-TO-LIFE lessons which may become handy to all our bride-to-be's out there:
1. Before LOVE takes root, TRUST and RESPECT are planted first. For LOVE to prosper, it is nurtured with COMMUNICATION and UNDERSTANDING... In a capsule, there are no differences that cannot reach compromise with talking it over.
2. Not because he/she does not express his/her FEELINGS the way you want them, it DOES NOT MEAN that he/she does not feel the same. In the same way that NO TWO INDIVIDUALS ARE THE SAME, each of us have different means of expressing our affections. To some people, they have been showing how they love you by going home early and helping you with the things you need to do...
3. Like TREES, both of you should SPEND SOME TIME APART...NO TREE will grow to be PRODUCTIVE when PLANTED TOO NEAR
4. NEVER FORGET BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES. These are the things that couples should look forward to when they have been married for a long time. Add spice by concocting surprises from time to time. It makes the relationship tasty, lively and full of excitement.
5. NEVER ASK THE CHILDREN ON WHO THEY LOVE MORE. You might get hurt with the little ones' answers.
6. NEVER INVOLVE THE CHILDREN IN YOUR ARGUMENTS. They are the products of your LOVE. That is enough reason.
7. DON'T PLAY HARD TO GET. Try to look at the children and listen how they complain on asking apologies. One little girl said: "I have said sorry, but why is she still angry?" (and this was said while crying). It's difficult enough to own up to one's fault, do not make it harder for the person to apologize than it already is.
8. DON'T START AN ARGUMENT JUST TO HAVE TIME TOGETHER. DO NOT EVEN SCHEDULE YOUR BEDROOM ACTIVITIES. I personally believe that if you love someone, you don't want anything to be scheduled. It would be absurd to tell your partner to wait if the window for that date is open.
9. DO NOT COUNT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU'VE SPENT FOR THE FAMILY AGAINST HOW MUCH YOUR PARTNER SPENT.
10. MARRY FOR LOVE. NO OTHER REASONS.
(Based from personal and true experiences of the author and the author's friends)
More by this Author
One of the attributes of these types of weddings revolves around finding the right stuff to use in making your wedding a unique one.
Blah. Blah. Blah. You see this when men creates cartoons of women who nags. This is also what men utter to themselves while we women rant on their shortcomings and occasional flirtations with women. Let's try to see...
Why is it difficult to talk to a woman who have such a strong personality? What makes her so difficult to approach?