Thank you Notes and Appreciation Messages to a Boss or Manager
Ways to Say "Thank You" to a Boss or Manager
Are you serious about appreciating your boss for promotion, salary increment, bonus, on-the-job training opportunity given, or for their support but lacked the drive and effort to actually write good thank you messages in a card or note? Here are some samples of thank you letters, messages and sayings that employees can write in a greeting card, or email to their employer or manager for guiding, inspiring, encouraging, and motivating them with a pay rise or for other good things that called for the incredibly gesture.
Wording a blank thank you card can be difficult to do sometimes. If you take a look at your strengths you’ll be thankful for the progress you’ve made working under your boss or supervisor. A handwritten note of thanks is what you need to show your thoughtful gratitude for everything you have gained from them. This article also contains tips on how to write a thank you letter to them for their support and inspiration.
Get your note or card's wording ideas from the list below and write your own unique message to show your appreciation. You can send some of these thank you notes via text/SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Linkedin or any of the social networking sites they might use and show your supervisor and manager how grateful you are for all the encouragement, inspiration and motivation.
I will forever be grateful for the knowledge and skills that I have gained working under your leadership. Thank you Boss!
Sample Messages for Manager
- This is to show how much I appreciate you as my manager, being my manager and mentor helped shape my career and professional life. You taught me how to transform my mistakes into skills. I really appreciate everything you have taught me!
- Your leadership skills makes it easy for you to manage others even with our diverse professional background. I’m proud to have learned some of these qualities from you. Thank you for guiding me professionally and personally!
- Words can neither qualify nor quantify your guidance and useful advice. I’ll forever be grateful boss!
- You have been a great manager, mentor, teacher, guide and father. Your useful support and advice shaped my professionalism. Thanks for being the best boss ever!
- My achievement today is due to your support and words of encouragement. I really appreciate you so much and value everything that I have learned from you.
- Thanks for being our manager and role model. We appreciate all the knowledge and skills you imparted in us. Indeed, you are a great leader.
- Your words of encouragement and leadership quality means a lot to me. I’m very grateful for the opportunities you have given me to serve you. Thank you once again for all your time and efforts boss!
- We would like to show our profound gratitude for the work experience that we’ve gained from you. You have been an exemplary boss at work. Thank you manager!
- Please accept this thank you card from me to express a million thanks to you for your guidance and support.
- I would like to express my gratitude to you for being a role model and inspiration to me. Thanks for teaching me professionalism.
Today, I realize how important your guidance has been shaping my professional life. Thank you sir!
- Your leadership quality has been an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for being a wonderful director.
- Thank you again for the support and motivation. It means a lot to me and I will continue trying to do my job to the best of my abilities.
- I’ll always be working as hard as always and I’ll do my best to never let you down. Thanks for the motivation!
- Thanks for the kind words and guidance! Your words of encouragement will forever be remembered.
- Your guidance and advice helped brighten my career and professional life. Thank you for being the best manager in the world!
- Thank you for all your support and encouragement, I hope that I can look forward to working with you again in future. Accept my greatest thanks!
- Your decision making skills is an asset which always inspired me to be like you. I appreciate all your words of encouragement and support. Accept my heartfelt gratitude!
- Thanks for giving me an opportunity to work under you. You are truly an interesting boss anyone would like to work with. Your time and efforts really means a lot to me. Thanks for being an amazing manager!
- We would like to thank you for the words of encouragement and inspiration every day. Thanks once again for the time and efforts you gave to me!
- A true leader to look up to is not that easy to find. It’s fun working with a great boss like you. Thanks for helping me to become known as an expert in my professional life.
Thank you for imparting the right knowledge and skills in me and for teaching me how to work under stress.
- Right from day one that I started to work under your leadership, I have learned so many great things from you. Thank you for helping me get things better than I ever taught of. You’re indeed, the best teacher and manager ever!
- The whole team would like to express our thoughtful gratitude to you for being an inspiration to us. Thanks so much for everything!
- Working under your leadership is indeed a great chance for me to become great professionally. Thank you very much for your support!
- You have been too good to me and the reason why I’m always trying my best to excel in my job. A million thanks to my amiable manager!
- Ever since I started to work under your leadership, I have learned a lot to become a better person in life. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to work with you!
- You are a wonderful boss that knows how to bring the best out of your employees. Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for all the wonderful support and motivation!
- Thank you for imparting the right knowledge and skills in me and for teaching me how to work under stress.
Short Appreciation Messages
- If not for you, I wouldn’t have known I possess such a great skills. Thanks for helping me to identify my talents!
- Thank you for all the opportunities you have given me to brighten my career!
- Today, I realize how important your guidance has been shaping my professional life.
- Thanks for bringing out the best in me!
- Thanks for being a manager and mentor who cares a lot for the welfare of his employees!
- Thanks for the recognition and for rewarding my contribution at work!
- Thanks for imparting knowledge and skills that have helped brighten my career and professional life.
- My heart just keeps thanking you for everything you taught me. Thanks manager!
It's time to let your vote count!
Would you appreciate your manager for his/her guidance, support and motivation?See results without voting
- I would like to thank you for all that you have been doing for me. Also to let you know that I’m grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to work with you and that I’ve enjoyed my time working under your leadership. Thank you so much!
- You have inspired and encouraged me during difficult time when I needed words of encouragement. You are a blessing in my life. Thanks for all your support and useful advice.
- I will forever be grateful for the knowledge and skills that I have gained working under you. Thank you manager!
- We would like to say that you’re the best boss we could ever work with. Thank you for your support and inspiration!
How to write a Thank you Letter to Boss
Writing a thank you letter to a boss should not be seen as a daunting task. You need to be polite and diplomatic when putting words together in a letter to your boss or manager so as not to get fired by him or her.
- Start your thank you letter to a boss with “Dear (Boss's name).”
- Express what you are thankful for in a simple and polite way. “Thank you for instilling the right skills and knowledge on to me.”
- Show them how much you appreciate their time and efforts. “Your mentorship has really imparted positively in my career progression.”
- Thank them once again for their thoughtful action. “Once again, thank you for giving me the much needed attention.”
- End the letter with “sincerely yours”, “respectfully yours”, “yours truly”, or “best wishes”.
Take the above wordings as a guide when writing your own message.
Dear (Name of Boss),
I would like to thank you for your encouragement and support over the years. You are an exceptional boss who has the workers' interests in mind, and your leadership qualities and support has earned you the much deserved respect.
Thank you for being a friendly and open-minded boss that you are. Your support has brightened my professional career, and your generosity will remain in my heart forever. I really appreciate you so much for making me a better staff.
Thank you for everything.
If you have any need to comment on what you’ve just read, now is the time. Share your thoughts in the comments below!
More by this Author
Examples of thank you message for colleague or co-worker at work that you can write in a letter or blank card to express your heartfelt appreciation.
Safe trip messages and wishes for a boss, colleague, friend, family member, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife going abroad. Find inspirational travel sayings and "have a safe trip" quotes here.
Examples of thank you letter, messages and sayings to write in a card for a good mentor and teacher. Express your appreciation to him/her for guiding and mentoring you.
No comments yet.