The 25 Best Marriage Quotes
Marraige Quotes to Make You Smile
Being married can be a struggle, and some days it feels like you a running on a hamster wheel. There are days when you just need to hold on and ride the waves.
I love reading good quotes when I am feeling overwhelmed they always cheer me up. So here are 25 marriage quotes sure to make you smile.
1. I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. - Rita Rudner
2. One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again. -Judith Viorst
3. For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. -Bill Cosby
4. Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.- Benjamin Franklin
5. A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. -Michel de Montaigne
6. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. -Mignon McLaughlin
7. It is sometimes essential for a husband and a wife to quarrel - they get to know each other better. -Goethe
8. There is so little difference between husbands you might as well keep the first.- Adela Rogers St. John
9. No matter how happily a woman may be married, it always pleases her to discover that there is a nice man who wishes she were not.- H. L. Mencken
10. Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage, he'll fall asleep before you finish saying it.- Unknown
11. My wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, a little wine, good food..... She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays. - Henry Youngman
12. In a time when nothing is more certain than change, the commitment of two people to one another has become difficult and rare. Yet, by its scarcity, the beauty and value of this exchange have only been enhanced.- Robert Sexton
13. We have the greatest pre-nuptial agreement in the world. It's called love.- Gene Perret
14. To avoid mistakes and regrets, always consult your wife before engaging in a flirtation.- E.W. Howe
15. Why does a woman work ten years to change a man's habits and then complain that he's not the man she married?- Barbra Streisand
16. The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after making love, and it must be rebuilt every morning before breakfast.- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
17. When a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife. -Prince Philip
18. After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together. -Hemant Joshi
19. You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. -Sam Keen
20. The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. -Henny Youngman
21. A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong. -Rodney Dangerfield
22. My husband and I have never considered divorce... murder sometimes, but never divorce. -Joyce Brothers
23. To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you're wrong admit it; Whenever you're right shut up. -Ogden Nash
24. Behind every great man there is a surprised woman. -Maryon Pearson
25. The man who says his wife can't take a joke, forgets that she took him. -Oscar Wilde
Marriage Related Articles
- The 25 Best Love Quotes
There is nothing better than a beautiful love quote in a letter, or on a homemade card. Below are the 25 best love quotes of all times, share them with someone you love.
- 5 Things Found in a Healthy Marriage
No marriage is perfect and every spouse is going to make mistakes, but with divorce rates so high and so many things working against marriage, it is important to put in the work that marriage requires.
More by this Author
In order to be worthy of the qualities that are found in a good friend you must first be a good friend yourself.
Ever wonder what your man's musical taste says about his potential as a good lover?
One of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make is when and if to return to work after being a Stay-at-home-mom. Luckily, you are not alone. Many woman have gone through it.....