Be Aroused, but not with Anger
We are all human and naturally at some point we will get angry about something or someone. I got angry recently and in annoyance left my bra behind. You can read more on that later in the article.
The saying goes: “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ~ Ralph Emerson.
Lets look at the Perils of anger, so next time before we get angry, it might help us think twice
1) We can hurt people emotionally with our words - particularly those we care for. Even if we apologise later, those words will still echo in their ears and it can affect them negatively. E.g tell a lady in anger, "I don’t know why I married you, you look awful". Confidence issues will set in.
2) You could lose someone precious or something precious. E.g some partners would walk out on a relationship or it might even lose a Job. Some customers can be a pain in the backside, but staff always have to be professional and not insult them too because The customer is always right. Staff who lose their temper with customers, in most cases get fired.
3) Bad Health – Some people, particularly the elderly have heart attacks or chest problems when they get all angry and worked up. For some it brings on a bad Migraine. "A decision made in anger is never sound." Ford Frick.
✰♡*•˛❤˛•*♡✰ ✰♡*•˛❤˛•*♡✰✰♡*•˛❤˛•*♡✰ ✰♡*•˛❤˛•*♡✰✰♡*•˛❤˛•*♡✰ ✰♡*•
4) Bad Decisions – Never make a decision when you are angry. Above, I noted being angry and leaving a bra behind. Well, I bought it took it home, then realised it wasn’t a good fit, so I kept it where I keep my perfumes, aromatic scenting candles etc. I took it back for a refund the next day but they wouldn’t refund me because they said it smelt of perfume. I was so angry and decided to leave it there and just walked out of the shop. However, on my way home I was kicking myself, I could have given it to a friend. Sometimes it could even be driving. If you drive while angry, you could make mistakes or even get a fine for over-speeding.
5) Kids Copy – It’s natural for kids to copy adults. If a kid see’s his dad beating his mum, in many cases those kids grow up and do the same thing to their partners. Also: it’s not a good idea to swear in front of kids.
A famous American Actor was being interviewed by Alan Carr on UK TV. He admitted to swearing a lot around his maybe 3 or 4 year old daughter. He said if you gave his child food, she’d look at it and say “what is that sh*t?” She thought it was normal to say that. I saw the funny side. Hey, no parent is perfect.
6) Anger robs you of good looks. No matter how beautiful or handsome you really are, when you seeth in anger, it doesn’t look nice on the face.
7) Bad Karma. Anger attracts bad karma, negative Vibes. Even Angels would walk away.
How can we avoid it?
a) A Soft Answer - If people are angry with us and shout at us. We could either keep quiet or answer them in a low soft tone. If we raise our voice, things will escalate but if we speak calmly, it has an effect of calming the situation. “ A soft answer, turneth away Wrath” Proverbs.
b) Not making assumptions - Just because you found an earring in your husband’s car doesn’t mean he is having an affair. There could be a very good reason for it. Maybe he gave an elderly friend a lift. Also, just because your girl friend is having small talk with the Postman doesn't mean she is flirting.
c) Be calm, count back from 20 or maybe take a long walk somewhere.
d) Go for Anger Management. (Useful Website Below)
(Sometimes, anger can be good. E.g Being angry at yourself for not doing well in a competition or take. But this motivates one to do better)
Finally, I leave you with some Anger Quotes to ponder over...
** If you kick a stone in anger, you'll hurt your own foot. ~ Korean Proverb
** Always write angry letters to your enemies. Never mail them. ~ James Fallows
** I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to. ~ Author Unknown
** The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. ~ Jacqueline Schiff
** Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. ~ Ambrose Bierce
- Anger Management Techniques
anger management, anger management techniques, angermanagement, angermanagementtechniques, anger, anger management skills, anger management skill
More by this Author
A look at issues that particularly face West African Marriages and the consequences.
Love is such a beautiful thing. If you find True Love and manage to hold on to it for a very long time, then count yourself not just lucky, but truly blessed. Age should not be a barrier to Love.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.