How To Romance Your Partner
To Be or Not To Be
Warning: This isn't your typical romance advice. I have a tendency to be anti-romantic. Yet, I do believe in romance, but in a rather unusual way. I believe having a good sense of humor is just as vital to a relationship as romance is.
It's not what you say, but actually what you do that shows someone how much you truly care.
Romance is expressed from the heart and not seen with the eyes. Being romantic is not about what you purchase your significant other, your love is revealed by how you treat them.
Romance is a two-way street. One partner shouldn't expect the other partner to romance the other without reciprocation.
Romance is an emotional attachment between two people who adore each other. We might view romance differently, but in the long run...romance is still romance.
Once a Romantic Always a Romantic
Some might think romance is all about roses, wining and dining. Some might think it's all about taking out the trash and warming up the car on a cold morning.
No matter how you view romance it's the actual act of showing appreciation that matters the most. If your partner's heart is happy then you've done well.
I don't believe one needs to shower their partner with love 24/7, but showering together could be fun.
We all like to know that we are appreciated, don't we? We just have to learn how to express it.
Love is like a flower. Water it daily or else it wilts and withers away.
There is no need to drown the flower. A gentle sprinkle can go a long way when done correctly. This applies not to just partners, but to friendships and family members.
Sure anyone could go and buy flowers and candy and say "I love you" ... but that's too simple!
Go one step further - give it your all.
We could all be a bit more romantic just by being ourselves and showing our partners how much we appreciate them.
Tips For Being Romantic
- Be considerate of your partners feelings.
- Shovel the snow on the sidewalk, but don't shovel shit.
- Be honest and don't tell them what you think they want to hear.
- Let them be in charge of the TV remote control. You might learn something new about your partner.
- If a request is made, don't wait until the nagging begins. Just get 'er done!
- Surprise them with their favorite home cooked meal.
- Have their favorite section of the newspaper waiting next to their morning coffee.
- Suggest a nighttime stroll and words aren't needed.
- Place a romantic love note in a lunch bag.
- Send them a text during the day just to say "YO."
- Shower together and conserve water.
- If you are sick with a cold, be considerate and get a hotel room until you are no longer contagious.
- If you think your partner might be wrong, kindly tell them so. Then run.
- Cheating isn't cool. If you are questioned about suspicious behavior...don't lie. You will get caught. If this situation should arise, hide the golf clubs first.
- As Yoda says "Do or do not, there is no try" - I suggest doing and then doing your best to get it right.
- When your partner asks a question, answer it. Don't say "whatever you want is fine" the question was asked for a reason. Voice your opinion.
- Offer to take the kids to the park so the other partner could get a break.
- Carve your initials into the trunk of a tree or into wet cement.
- Get matching tattoos! Just be very, very sure.
- Never leave your laundry on the floor, you aren't a child.
- Never leave plates on the counter. Be considerate.
- Grocery shop together. Don't forget desserts to be a bit risque with.
- Never ASSUME! Chances are assuming might come back to haunt you!
- Mow the lawn even if it's not your turn.
- Don't expect to be treated like royalty unless you are royalty, even then be humble.
- Don't get in a rut instead get off your butt and plan a date night.
- Rekindle the romance that you had when you were first dating by looking at old photos or videos! You were a hot item once, you could do it again!
- Don't waste your time keeping secrets. They will be revealed. Do you really want that drama?
- Place their bath towel in the clothes dryer while they shower so they could have a warm towel.
- Make them laugh until they can't laugh anymore and then do it again!
- Understand what they're saying, don't try to always fix things.
- Make memorable memories together as a team of two.
Haiku Ode to Romance
We are a mate match
A budding team of two halves
Becoming one whole
I am just suggesting tips. I assume no responsibility for another's actions UNLESS they are on a positive note. Then I accept responsibility.
I'm not an expert on romance. Some of these tips came from experience.
Most of them came from Facebook and Twitter news-feeds. Some of them came from friends.
No matter how you enjoy each others company, be thankful for the good times and the bad. What's important is that we continue to live and learn and not repeat mistakes.
Happy romance to all.
Martina McBride & Jim Brickman - Valentine
Diamond Ring's are Romantic
Are you a romantic person?See results without voting
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
Romance is on the air. You know the time is right to propose marriage to your significant other. You want your marriage proposal to be creative and clever, unlike any others. I've compiled a list of 30 fun ideas to help...
Some people might try to deny that women are awesome, but when you truly think about it you will also agree that chicks rule!
The year 1966 included the ongoing war in Vietnam, music by the Beatles and the Beach Boys, the Salvation Army turning 100 years old and Halle Berry and Cindy Crawford were born...