Top 10 Reasons to Have Sex With Your Spouse
Not tonight, I have a headache
People come up with a plethora of reasons not to be intimate. We don't have time. I'm too fat. I'm too tired. The kids might hear us. I'm not in the mood. I have a headache. I'm still mad at you.
On of the hardest things on any couples relationship is determining when and why to have sex. The when could be anytime: In the morning before the kids wake up, and before you jump out of bed. In the shower. A quickie at lunch. Before the kids get home from school. After the kids have gone to bed. There is plenty of time to be intimate with your partner, but the bigger question is often why? Why should we?
Being intimate with your spouse has many benefits, and usually, after you've had sex, you are really glad you did. The most difficult thing to overcome usually involves the mind. Mentally, you just don't feel like it. You don't feel like getting in the mood. You don't feel like getting your spouse in the mood. It's easier to watch T.V. and fall asleep. With just a small investment of time, and a mental switch, you can enjoy the following benefits of having sex with your spouse.
How often is normal?
How often are you intimate with your partner?See results without voting
Health benefits of intimacy
1. Having sex is good for your health: According to recent studies, sex once a week produces 30% higher levels of hormones that boost the immune system. Sex is also a natural antihistamine. It can help combat hay fever as well as asthma.
2. Having sex helps you lose weight: Passionate sex burns about two hundred calories, the same as running on the treadmill for fifteen minutes. British researchers have determined that the equivalent of six big macs can be worked off in a year by having sex three times a week. If you had a choice, and you do, wouldn't you rather have sex instead of taking a long run? Maybe you could run together, out into the woods, and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine, followed by a few intimate moments. And if you are busy getting busy, you won't likely have so much time for a big mac.
3. Sex leads to emotional well being: During orgasm, the parts of the brain governing fear, stress and anxiety are switched off. Oxytocin is released, which has an amnesic effect on the brain. (Read... You will forget, at least temporarily, why you were mad!) Endorphins are also released, producing a relaxing and calming effect, a sense of well being and euphoria. Sex is ten times more effective than Valium, without the negative side effects, although it can be addictive!
4. Having sex helps the bladder and prostate: For women, sex strengthens the pelvic floor muscles, which give you greater control over pesky bladder leakage. This can be a problem for women, after having children. Being intimate can help decrease the frequency of those issues, and will help you feel less self-conscious. For men, there is a link between infrequent ejaculation and prostate cancer. The answer, more sex. More sex will keep cancer at bay.
5. You will look better: Extra estrogen in women, a result of orgasm, makes hair shinier. Sweating during sex cleanses pores and gives your skin a healthy sheen. Seretonin produces a sexual afterglow. You will look younger and healthier after having sex. And you will feel better.
6. Sex improves muscle tone: Regular sex can firm not only the abdominals, but also the legs and glutes. And for those of you who are extra adventurous, you can firm your arms, chest and back muscles. Intimacy also increases muscle tone, helps with flexibility and elasticity of muscles, and improves cardiovascular conditioning.
7. Having sex slows the aging process: Sex lowers cortisol levels in the bloodstream, reducing stress and slowing the aging process. These lowered cortisol levels keep you healthy and younger looking. Not only that, but intimacy helps you feel younger too.
8. Regular sex fights disease: Women who have more sex have higher levels of estrogen, which protects against heart disease. It also protects the body against Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis. There are a number of health issues related to low estrogen levels, including a more difficult time during menopause. Regular intimacy and orgasm helps regulate those hormones and eases the transition.
9. Sex transforms your relationship: Every time you have an enjoyable experience with your partner, your brain associates them with pleasure. Increasing the number of pleasurable associations improves your relationship. When you have a positive experience with your partner, you begin to view him or her in a more positive light. No longer will the small irritants seem so significant, when you know you're in for a good time.
10. Sex feels really good: Physically and emotionally, bonding with your spouse on this level creates an intimate bond. This bond is unlike any other. Your body feels good, your mood rises, you feel loved, and your spirit soars. Really, you need no other reasons to have sex.
Pick any of the above reasons to surprise your sweetie with a romp between the sheets. You will both be glad you did.
More by this Author
While both men and women are responsible for their own piece of a successful relationship, they are each also responsible for the actions they take that can damage an otherwise healthy marriage. Below are the top ten...
What can you do when your wife is unresponsive to your requests? The following article will help you figure out the inner workings of your wife, and hopefully open the door to communication.
Learn about ten common ways that men destroy marriages.