Top things a woman should do before her wedding day. Look like a princess!
‘The groom always smiles proudly because he's convinced he's accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she's been able to convince him of it.” –Judith McNaug
Your wedding day is the special day of your life. The excitement, euphoria and idealistic expectations all make the wedding a pulsating thrill for you. You are the center of attraction and all eyes are on you. You should prepare for your wedding months before the actual date.
What do preparation of wedding mean to you?
- Wedding trousseau.
- Shopping for jewels and other accessories.
- Facials, manicure, pedicure and a lot more.
What is a wedding?
It is a holy bond which unites you and your spouse in a relationship which lasts till the day you live. It is a transition from a carefree life to a responsible life. Life before marriage is all fun and you do whatever you like as there is no one to question you. But life after marriage is an entirely different proposition altogether. There are responsibilities and commitments for both of you
There are two ways of preparing for your wedding day.
- You should look your best on your wedding day.
- You should also be mentally prepared to shoulder responsibility after your wedding.
Do you know why marriage soon loses its sheen?
- It is because you are hundred percent prepared to look your best on your wedding, but fall flat on your face in your role as a responsible wife.
How to make your wedding unique and distinctive?
- Do not go on a shoestring budget for your wedding.
- You should also not go overboard in spending and plunge yourself in debts.
- You should both have a frank discussion about the budget of the wedding.
- Do not make your wedding look ordinary and dull as you will regret it for years.
- Your bridal regimen should start at least six months before your wedding day.
What are the things to do to make me look beautiful?
- Your complexion should look good.
- Your hair should be shining and glowing.
- Your eye brows should be shaped according to the contours of your face
- You should select a good beauty parlor for your facials and other beauty treatment. Have a frank discussion with them about your expectations and listen to their offer. Select the one best for you and insist on perfection. You are paying them, aren’t you?
- Are you acne prone? Then you should visit a dermatologist and have treatment. Don’t trust beauty parlors to handle acne as they do not know proper way to treat it.
- Remove hair from your arms and legs.
- Have skin polishing done for your body.
- Have an appointment with the dentist and have a thorough dental check up.
- Your make up should make you look good and highlight the best features of your face.
- Eyes need the right make up to make it look expressive and striking.
What sort of facials will suit me?
There is a plethora of facials available and you should choose one to suit your skin texture. Micro- dermabrasion, vacuum facial, chemical peels, derma roller and lot more options are available to you. When one form of treatment gives you good results, stick to it and do not keep changing it as the skin texture of your face is very sensitive. You do not want to have break outs on your wedding day, do you?
How do I dress on my wedding day?
Your hair style decides your looks. Do not try any new ones on your wedding day as it spoils your whole look if it does not suit you. You should try many hairstyles before the wedding and select the one that enhances your face. Do not let anyone decide the way you look on the wedding day as it you who know what is best for you.
The color of your wedding dress should brighten you and not make you look dull. Select the proper accessories which complement your dress. Do not forget to buy shoes\slippers which suit your dress.
What are the other things I should do?
- Do not roam about in the sun as you look fatigued on your wedding day.
- Avoid any tension which makes your face look dull.
- Have a happy mindset which adds glow to your face.
What is other side of preparation?
You should understand that you are entering into a new life which is entirely different from the one you had so far experienced. When you learn to co-exist in peace with your in-laws your husband loves you. The most important aspect of married life is money. You should discuss your financial commitments with him.
Do you know that secrecy in money matters wrecks most marriages? It is always better to pay off all your debts before marriage so that it does not come as a topic of heated arguments when future plans are made with your salary taken into account.
Are your parents’ dependent on you for financial help?
You should frankly tell him that you need to help your parents financially so that he is prepared for it. Do not make it a bolt in the blue for him as he resents you for hiding it from him.
You concentrate on your wedding day to the minute detail, but fail to understand marriage in its proper perspective. Make yourself the princess on your wedding day and also make yourself a dutiful wife to make your marriage have all the beauty of an excellent relationship with the person who means the most in your life.
© 2013 mathira
More by this Author
A working wife wins over a housewife in that you need money to maintain a good life style and the income of one person is not enough.Your work makes you assertive and confident.
You have to shoulder the family issues by yourself if your husband is immature. Do not let him have his way and he must understand that he too should be committed to the family. Stop playing mother!
When the person whom you so ardently loved leaves you, you might feel that you have nothing left. Don't let someone who does not truly love you cause you to lose hope. When you are able to move on from the false love...