Top 5 reasons for divorce
1. Infidelity It could be argued that infidelity within marriages is a reaction by a spouse to the real breakdown of the marriage, and is not itself the cause. Either way, it is cited as the cause of almost one third of divorces ins the USA (making it the most common reason for divorce). Surveys have shown that adultery occurs in over half of failed marriages. Spouses may be unfaithful consistently during an affair, intermittently, or just once in a one night stand. Common explanations for unfaithfulness include resentment or anger (with the other spouse) and sexual boredom.
2. Communication breakdown Commonly, couples become unable to communicate in a normal, meaningful fashion. Either spouse's inability to avoid exchanges which invariably result in conflict is representative of a communication breakdown in the marriage. In extreme cases (especially if accompanied by abusive tendencies), a growing inability to deal with any verbal exchanges without conflict could be indicative of a much more serious problem that requires the attention of a mental health professional. More often, however, growing differences between the spouses which may have their roots in other mentioned causes are to blame for communication breakdowns.
3. Physical, psychological, or emotional abuse Where either spouse is frequently abusive towards children or each other, the other spouse has clear grounds for divorce. Physical abuse includes all types violence (fighting, manhandling, and physical bullying of an individual). Emotional or Psychological and abuse can be as seemingly innocuous as verbal insults, and can range to taunting, humiliation, intimidation, and consistent negative reinforcement.
4. Financial issues One of the most common reasons for divorce is economic strain or collapse of the family. Every couple has to deal with money at some stage, and when there is not enough to go around, differences in temperament and priorities are brought to a head. Even if there is no debt incurred, disagreements over the allocation of money often be enough to end an already irritated relationship.
5. Boredom Biologically speaking, humans' preference is to pair for about seven years before changing mates. While well matched couples will, naturally, stay together for much longer than this, and possibly for life, most do not. Some couples will eventually grow distant, disinterested, and eventually bored with each other. Such divorces are often the least bitter of all, and often end amiably enough.
- Hupages Sign Up
To start your own blog click here for your free account.
More by this Author
1) Girls blush a LOT when you pay them an unexpected compliment. I mean, if she's already expecting a compliment from you, it might not have the same effect. But if you surprise her with an unexpected compliment, things...