Wrestling With Trust Issues
Do you have trust issues?
You might. If you have ever had a broken heart, someone break a promise or lie to you than you probably do to some extent.
I think that most of us out here in the real world do hesitate to trust someone fully. It is so very hard to be able to trust again once you have had that trust broken.
Don't despair - you don't have to let these trust issues run your life. There is a way to repair the trust. The first step would be to trust in yourself.
- I may have trust issues, but some people seem to have an issue with the responsibility of being trusted. - Unknown
- There are two reasons why we don't trust people: 1. We don't know them. 2. We do know them. - Unknown
- I am not upset that you lied to me, I am upset that from now on I can't believe you. - Friedrich Nietzsche
- You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. - Frank Crane
- If you give your trust to a person who does not deserve it, you actually give him the power to destroy you. - Khaled Saad
- What loneliness is more lonely than distrust? - George Eliot
- Trust is the easiest thing in the world to lose, and the hardest thing in the world to get back. - R. Williams
- It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it. - Unknown
- The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for blighted dreams. - Elizabeth Gilbert
- People ask me why is it so hard to trust people, and I ask them why is it so hard to keep a promise. - Unknown
- In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. - Michael Jackson
- Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to do. - Natalie Goldberg
- Trust no one, tell your secrets to no one and no one will betray you. - Bigvai Yolcy
- Our distrust is very expensive. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- In our daily life, we encounter people we are angry, deceitful, intent only on satisfying ere is so their own needs. There is so much anger, distrust, greed, and pettiness that we are losing our capacity to work well together. - Margaret J
- He who does not trust enough, Will not be trusted. - Lao Tzu
- We're never so vulnerable as when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy. Walter Anderson
You might have trust issues if...
- You become overly possessive
- You react angrily to what you perceive as an attack on your character that is unapparent to others
- You persistently bear grudges
- You believe that others are being deceptive without any tangible proof
- Mistrust causes havoc with your primary relationship
- You have thoughts of mistrust of your family and friends for no reason
- Have been through a number of stormy, dramatic relationships
- You become jealous whenever a friend or loved one spends time with another person
- Mistrust leads to complete lack of friendships and intimacy
- You have a hard time forming an intimate relationship
- You are preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends
- You perceive threatening meaning into benign remarks or happenings
- You feel there is no one who will stand behind you
- You hesitate to confide in others because of the fear of the information being used against you
- How To Resolve Trust Issues In A Relationship
Learn how to resolve trust issues in a relationship. Healthy relationships start with a healthy self image. Trusting someone else starts with trusting yourself.
- How To Earn Your Readers Trust When Writing Articles...
Writing Articles for the Internet is about earning trust from your readers. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- How to Build Trust in a Relationship
Methods to develop or maintain trust in a relationship (rated in Google's top ten).
- Trust Quotes, Sayings and Tips
Trust The ability to let others into your life so you can create a relationship built on mutual respect, caring and concern. Letting others know your feelings and emotions. Opening yourself up to let others in on your background, problems,...
More by this Author
Throughout history brothers and sisters have been friends, enemies, and loving family members. Find quotes here to show how much you care about your sibling.
No matter how you look at it breaking up is hard to do. You go through a period of grief that can put you out of commission for a while. There are do's and don'ts for post breakup that will make it a little easier.
Every color has it's own special meaning. Have you ever wondered what makes a hospital paint their walls a cool green? Read and find out.