Best Valentine's Day Gifts For What Men Really Want!
Looking for best Valentine's day gifts for what men really want? February 14th is Romance Day. We have seen the end of the drunkenness of Christmas and have now woken up from its hang over. It is said that this is the time when the seed of a young man’s fancy turns to love - Valentine’s Day.
Men are different to women. There are differences between genders. - we all know that! But what are they?
Men, for example, process thoughts more logically and can find underlying context in language more difficult to decipher than their female counterparts. Looking between communication of the genders, is it no wonder us women we don't 'get it'?!
In understanding how your man works, will help you find the right Valentine’s Day gift for what he really wants!
One things for sure is the fact that neither sex really want or need a valentine’s cute little fluffy on their list! If asked, most people won’t place this item highly! Therefore, as regards to valentine’s cute and fluffy… DON’T DO IT!
-* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--* -*--*
Well, now we have got that out of the way, lets discover Valentine’s Day gifts for what men really want. We are about to embark on a journey of discovery - the psychology behind the man! I may add, at this point, that they aren’t as complex as you may think! Is this a surprise to you?
To do this I have looked at some differences between men and women. Amber Hensley of mastersofcare.com outline’s ten major differences. The following summerises this. Please click here for more detail.
Ten Differences Between Genders
- Human Relationships – Communication is more effective in women than men.
- Physical Signs of Processing – the Left hemisphere of the brain is typically larger and processes more effectively than the right in men, whereas in women both sides work equally in unison. This therefore results in the man thinking more logically, whereas women, tend to think more creatively. This links to…
- Mathematical ability - Men seem to be better at math in their mental capacity than women. However, women have a larger right hemisphere of the brain. This helps them to focus on specific stimulation. An example of this is recognition of different sound tones in their children. This helps them to spot danger and distress.
- Reactions to stressful situations – ‘Flight or Fright’ in men tend to make them react instantly, whereas women appear calmer. Much of this is due to hormonal reactions to oxytocyn. High levels of testosterone in men reduce oxytocyn whereas estrogens in women, enhances it.
- Language – Women tend to excel in this – both sides of their brain tend to operate well for this, whereas men only use half their brain!
- Emotions – Women are more able to express themselves and be more in touch with their feelings. Unfortunately, the pay off is they tend to suffer more with depression and appear more erratic than their male counterparts. Men, therefore, appear more stable – unless they are in a stressful situation where the testosterone kicks in. At which point they may tend to be more reactive.
- Brain size – Men have bigger heads. This has nothing to do with intelligence – men just happen to be physically bigger!
- Pain – Women feel pain more than men.
- Spatial Ability – Men are more spatially aware than women. Their mental perception is better. This is probably why they are more inclined to be intrigued with gadgets and construction.
- Susceptibility to disorders – Autistic spectrum disorders, for example Asperger’s and Tourettes Syndrome, seem to be more observable in males than females. Females seem to manage better with these conditions because both sides of their brain tend to compensate for these difficulties.
*For more information on Tourettes, please go to tourettes-action.org.uk/about-tourette-syndrome .
**I have also written articles on Asperger’s Syndrome, you are welcome to take a look:
What exactly are you dealing with when considering Valentine's Day gifts for what men want?
So now you know what you are dealing with… a hotchpotch Aspie! He has a logical mind, doesn’t hold grudges but lives in the moment. This is probably why many men appear thoughtless and organises the love of his life’s Valentine’s Day gift or treat at the last minute! Valentine’s Day Gifts For What Women Really Want is a guide for men. I have written this hub to help men understand women’s needs for Romance day. Click on the blue link above to take a look – if you are a woman, my findings won’t surprise you!
Women's thoughts merge whilst men think in boxes!
Your man is fascinated with how things work. He has an enquiring mind but perceives life logically. For example, he thinks of his life in terms of ‘pigeon-holes’. He, therefore, categorizes his life like this: Hole 1 = family, Hole 2 = work, Hole 3 = friends, Hole 4 = love – all very logical and in order. If he can keep these sections of his life separate, he can maintain control over all aspects of his life. This, he thinks, makes his life easier to manage and helps him to maintain a familiar comfort zone.
Much of the decisions he makes, therefore, is either made in the moment or just left until new information is made available and he can act accordingly. This may conflict with the rest of his life causing more trouble than it is worth! Well, this is what women think as they watch the man’s life with interest!
Women tend to perceive life in merging themes. As you can see, there are lots of differences between the sexes that can potentially conflict!
What will you do to make his Valentine's Day special?
So, now you know how men think… what can you do to make his Valentine’s Day special? Well, they aren’t too bothered about thoughtfulness and don’t mind if you get them something at the last minute as long as it is something logical that they can immerse their head into. It has to be something that gives instant gratification! A take away with a beer, in front of the telly, is right up the street for him! He doesn’t have to bother with dressing up and immersing himself in discussion over a candlelight dinner for two! This can be hard work for a man!
He might like to watch a film, cuddling up is optional but not essential, football, baseball, basketball or play the latest video game. Afterwards he might want his lover to be dressed up seductively in lingerie to raise his pleasure – that is provided he hasn’t eaten too much take-away!
Looks like there may be a conflict for Romance Day!
So, what will you do to show him you love him? This is a special day and there can be conflict in the way women perceive romance compared to men. Will you take the lead in Romance day or will he?
Valentine’s day can lead to problems in the relationship. Women often complain that men are thoughtless. They are given cards, chocolates and flowers from the local supermarket and women perceive this as lacking in appreciation. Men can’t see what the issue is with women – they are happy with a tinny and a quickie! At the end of the day, they have bought you something… surely that tells the woman of his life that he loves her?
So, are you going to give them what they want or stand your ground for romance? It’s a difficult one, don’t you think?
All right...what about compromise?
Why not have a night in for him on the 13th February AND have your romantic evening on the 14th? I suggest this because he will be prepared with your expectation by the time Valentine’s Day arrives! This is because you have already expressed a plan by your action, therefore, sown the seed! Men need to be told what women want whereas women want imagination, appreciation and mystery. See the conflict?
The following video demonstrates exactly my point. Take a look!
Toys For Boys... What Men Really Want!
Confused? I guess we shall have to wait and see what happens ...
© This work is covered under Creative Commons License
More by this Author
Welcome to hell! Yes, the working tax and child tax credit help centre is, indeed, helpline hell. Experian checks are delaying claims as big brother watches and logs your financial movements.
Free Online Short Stories :: Online Reading :: Story Pages :: Links - Looking for free online short stories? For great online reading, you have come to the right place! Here we have story pages galore and lots of...
It is true - you can heal yourself! Energy healing is not something that has to come through another - you have the ability to do it yourself! Healers channel the energies - we are all healers.