War of The Sexes Verdict: Women Are Better Than Men
Settle down boys
I feel I owe it to my favorite men out there to explain this a little more. After all, it's not easy getting this blow to the ego. To make it sting a little more (I hate to do this guys) the verdict was well-researched and decided by a man. Ouch! The fact that a man has come to this conclusion may be more credible than if a woman had- so hear me out guys.
A book was recently released titled, "Man Down: Proof Beyond A Reasonable Doubt That Women Are Better Cops, Drivers, Gamblers, Spies, World Leaders, Beer Tasters, Hedge Fund Managers, and Just About Everything Else" by Dan Abrams, Legal Analyst for NBC/NSMBC. In his book, he presents evidence, polls, and studies proving the female sex superior to men in areas across the board, especially typical male areas. The author states, "This is not an effort to beat up on us guys but it may serve as a wake up call for some." Are you awake guys?
Good news for women?
I'm a strong, confident woman (not a feminist- there's my disclaimer for you guys who think this is a one-sided argument), and I was surprised to see this book and the findings. Some may think this is exactly what a woman would want, but you're wrong. This verdict is a nightmare for women. Hear me out on this women who are ferociously clapping and cheering.
A man now has a completely valid argument for expecting wifey to cook, do the dishes, fix the car, build the house, and mow the lawn. I can hear him saying, "Dear, if you're better at everything than me, you go ahead and do it." If women are better at everything, men will have secured a spot on the couch or golf course for the rest of our existance.
This may surprise you...
Based on studies, the book compiled and concluded women are better:
- gamblers and competitors; women are able to size up their opponents better than men and able to read people better as well.
- better cops; able to diffuse a bad situation quicker and smoother.
- better dealing with romantic break-ups; women have a circle of friends they rely on to overcome tough times. We enjoy movies that make us laugh or cry it out over broken romance, we eat, we shop, we're over it. Men think they can do it on their own and just mask or hide their emotions even though they linger and fester within them often leading to substance abuse.
- better with a hammer; an actual study in a lab found that women are more deliberate with a hammer while men just want to get that sucker nailed.
- better drivers; men have more traffic infractions, therefore have higher insurance. They are more reckless- they could be better drivers, but we wouldn't know because they are too busy doing foolish things behind the wheel.
- better world leaders; throughout recent history (the 70's+), women leaders have had more success with getting bills passed. They also see through with their plans more thoroughly.
- better spies; if you know something about history some of the best spies were the women because nobody suspected them. Hey, it's no coincidence that Jame Bond is always fooled by a female spy.
- women are less corrupt; women in politics, for example, are less corrupt. Many countries with corrupt systems, such as law force are actively hiring women purposefully. We've had our fun with the first black president, now how about a woman?
- vote more; something to consider when targeting an audience of potential voters.
The not so surprising:
- tolerate pain better; you try getting waxed and having a baby.
- live longer/healthier
- better looking
- smarter; like how I put that in the "not surprising" category.
- better memories; if I had a nickle for every time I had to remind a man of something.
Will it stop mad feminists?
I've taken a few blows from a feminist or two in my time while some of the topics I've written have some hubbers and commenters thinking I'm a feminist, but truth be told feminists may have an extra edge here on some points made in this book.For instance, if women are better professionals, less corrupt, better at managing money, smarter, etc, why are we paid less than men and where is a woman sitting in the president's chair?
Men and women complain the government has become corrupt, well put a woman in the White House. We make fun of women who run, but we do it because we just don't like them. Everybody "liked" Obama and we see where it became a popularity contest. How about the best person for the job? Dan Abrams book is a wonderful resume for a woman.
It's a man's world
Abrams, the author, and even a truckload of women still maintain the notion that it's clearly a man's world. Men dominate the leadership positions in our world and they will always be physically stronger, therefore ultimately dominant. I'm sure many can agree there are advantages for both sexes and the relationship between us should be complimentary not a competition.
Where do you weigh in?
- How Women's Wealth Is Changing Society - TIME
As female economic clout grows, it is changing how men and women work, play, shop, share, court and even love each other
- Flaws in Feminism (A Woman's Perspective)
somewhere around the 70's and forward, feminism took a wrong turn. Some of it was effects of our new "freedoms" and they inadvertently caused a landslide of other issues. Feminism has gotten ugly today because it has increasingly become more about ma
- Make-up Sex and Other Relationship Myths
Make-up sex, men don't like independent women, soul mates, women like surprises, it's helpful to communicate more. All these are examples of relationship myths and here's why
More by this Author
Not all couples experience an exponential drop in their sex lives post marriage- or so I hear. I'm still waiting to meet the couples that continue vigorous and enjoyable sex lives consistently throughout their marriage-...
We plan everything, our entire lives. Education, travel, having fun, casual encounters all come before the big "L" word. By the time we're ready we wouldn't recognize love if it bit us from behind
There may come a time when you have endured a harmful and stressful family relationship, and you may wonder if cutting ties is right for you.